General Chat

maqroll

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Alan Shearer get that sort of money too? (or somewhere close?)

Because whilst Hansen does at least know a bit about football, Shearer speaks about as much sense as my mom would if she went on.

I could definitely do a better job than Shearer!

i dont see why people are surprised, thats probably just a basic wage before expenses are thrown in

this is a company that ignored the media centre that the organisers of the world cup built and every other media outlet used because they wanted to build their own, they then flew over 295 staff - double that of itv - and stuck a fair few of them into the best hotel in town

they also took over 400 people to beijing for the olympics

bottomless pit of pure greed that is so far behind sky in terms of coverage i really dont see how they still justify themselves, makes me glad the gf pays the tv license

the live games i dont see what else you can do other than invest more time before and after, 10 mins either side at times is shit

but in terms of the highlights and other shows watch goals on sunday, IMO far better than MOTD, soccer saturday absolutely blows final score out of the water, football focus isnt good enough either IMO its outdated because everyone more or less knows the weeks news / seen the midweek highlights on SSN, add to that they were behind on both HD and 3D, like i said they dont come anywhere near justifying the amount they spend on it

You could hire people like th eguys from Football Weekly, for example, and I bet they'd give you a hell of a lot more genuine insight on games than the BBC pundits. And thy'd probably cost a fraction of the amount.

You could hire people like th eguys from Football Weekly, for example, and I bet they'd give you a hell of a lot more genuine insight on games than the BBC pundits. And thy'd probably cost a fraction of the amount.

I'd love to see this, or even some less presentable ex-pros in the Steve Claridge mould given a go

There should be more rotation

Who wants to see Lineker and his pointy shoes every weekend

Me, but Gary Lineker was my absolute hero when I was a kid. One of the best players I have ever seen, certainly in an England shirt.

ACJimbo should have got the MotD2 gig though. Best presenter by a mile.

ACJimbo should have got the MotD2 gig though. Best presenter by a mile.

I was out a couple of weeks ago and a TV in the bar I was in was showing some sort of Premier League review show. I don't watch football first, but it struck me that it could have been that.

Anyway, Jimbo was presenting it, so he has some sort of TV presenting job.

But I agree he's the best presenter.

I'd love to see this, or even some less presentable ex-pros in the Steve Claridge mould given a go

There should be more rotation

Who wants to see Lineker and his pointy shoes every weekend

When ESPN got the football I had some vague hope that theymight try and be a bit different and give people like this a go. It was shortlived though. We're stuck with kevin Keegan and Craig Burley.

I did spot a football writer on one of ITV's football shows though. Unfortunately it was Gabriel Marcotti.