General Chat

maqroll

going right back to the start...

i agree cantona has been hugely blown out of proportion by a mixture of things, himself for a start, utd fans, the english press and even his role with nike, good premier league player but did next to nothing outside of it, wouldnt have him in my top 5 prem strikers let alone players

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you say that but what makes him great. He scored a few spectacular goals and got 2 world cup finals headers.

For me he was a temperamental player who not as good as the hype. Rivaldo was better player for me in his era

he could do things so casually that it became the norm for him, yet if anyone else did it people would be saying "oh how awesome was that"

his passing ability was also exceptional.

If him and Scholes played in the same team early 00's the opposition midfield might as well have sat down in the centre circle because they wouldn't have made any difference.

the greatest thing as I mentioned is his ability to make the impossible seem normal.

what makes Tendulkar great?

the fact he can effortlessly time the ball for four, without giving a single chance in his innings, against the best opposition in the world, and barely sweat throughout.

what makes Ali great?

the fact he knew what his opponent was going to do before he did, therefore he made boxing look effortless at times.

why are Barcelona so awesome?

not because they win things, but the fact they win easily. they effortlessly destroy top opposition like they are playing FIFA on casual. 20, 30, 40 passes which now becomes their "norm". if Villa strung a 40 passing move together and resulted in a tap in, it would get goal of the season for us.

the thing I would argue is that scholes was as good, however maybe a lack of international success favours Zidane.

Tendulkar didn't cut it against the best in the world, he couldn't score a single test century versus England in the whitewash series. :P;)

I know you're joking, so I won't bite lol. However YouTube is all I would need

I am joking to an extent, but this England side really is mustard. ;)

And there is one bowler Sachin never likes playing, and has a poor record against.... the Burnley Express.

anderson.jpg

Iceland have appointed Lars Lagerbäck as manager of the national team.

Incredibly happy with that appointment, I think he's the perfect man for a small nation like ours.

but you say that but what makes him great. He scored a few spectacular goals and got 2 world cup finals headers.

For me he was a temperamental player who not as good as the hype. Rivaldo was better player for me in his era

he could do things so casually that it became the norm for him, yet if anyone else did it people would be saying "oh how awesome was that"

his passing ability was also exceptional.

If him and Scholes played in the same team early 00's the opposition midfield might as well have sat down in the centre circle because they wouldn't have made any difference.

the greatest thing as I mentioned is his ability to make the impossible seem normal.

what makes Tendulkar great?

the fact he can effortlessly time the ball for four, without giving a single chance in his innings, against the best opposition in the world, and barely sweat throughout.

what makes Ali great?

the fact he knew what his opponent was going to do before he did, therefore he made boxing look effortless at times.

why are Barcelona so awesome?

not because they win things, but the fact they win easily. they effortlessly destroy top opposition like they are playing FIFA on casual. 20, 30, 40 passes which now becomes their "norm". if Villa strung a 40 passing move together and resulted in a tap in, it would get goal of the season for us.

the thing I would argue is that scholes was as good, however maybe a lack of international success favours Zidane.

Tendulkar didn't cut it against the best in the world, he couldn't score a single test century versus England in the whitewash series. :P;)

I know you're joking, so I won't bite lol. However YouTube is all I would need

I am joking to an extent, but this England side really is mustard. ;)

And there is one bowler Sachin never likes playing, and has a poor record against.... the Burnley Express.

anderson.jpg

Guys, we're talking about football. You know...a real sport.

Not rounders for gays or whatever you're on about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15336398.stm

Foreign owners keen to scrap relegation from the Premiership. I'm guessing the Blackburn owners are in on this! Although it might be wise for Randy to support it too with his revised business plan for the club...

Several foreign-owned Premier League clubs want to scrap relegation, according to League Managers Association (LMA) chief Richard Bevan.

Bevan fears that if more clubs are sold to foreign investors they may have enough votes to force changes.

But the Premier League said relegation and promotion were part of its rules and added to the league's strength.

Bevan hopes that a parliamentary inquiry into football governance would also help prevent the proposal.

"We're very keen that the report is successful in helping the Football Association introduce a licensing programme for clubs," he said.

"Because there are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League.

"If we have four or five more new owners, that could happen."

Nearly half of the Premier League's 20 clubs are under foreign ownership, with rules stipulating that if changes are to be made to the format, 14 clubs must vote in favour of any new reforms.

Blackburn joined the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea in this class when they were taken over by Indian-owned Venky's Group last season.

But the Premier League told BBC Sport that the move would be a non-starter, with the Football Association retaining the power to veto any proposals.

The Premier League clubs have not formally discussed any such move since Bolton chairman Phil Gartside proposed his two-tiered structure two years ago, an idea which was soon dismissed.

However, Bevan still believes it is a possibility, arguing any new owner of a Premier League club would not need to be foreign for them to see there would be money to be made from scrapping relegation.

foreign owner bashing bandwagon picks up pace again, no doubt the love utd hate glazer and red knights lot will provide some quotes without stopping to think that its highly unlikely the glazers or roman or citys owner or arsenals could give a flying **** about this

other than blackburn none of the clubs who i would class as relegation threatened are foreign owned, id argue that its more likely to suit english owned clubs and therefore more likely to be the likes of dave whelan asking for it, its an absolute bullshit story

other than blackburn none of the clubs who i would class as relegation threatened are foreign owned, id argue that its more likely to suit english owned clubs and therefore more likely to be the likes of dave whelan asking for it, its an absolute bullshit story

sunderland fulham and QPR

Dare I say it Villa arent exactly safe from relegation...

QPR's owner has only had the keys 2 months! hard to see him bringing something like this up at a chairmans meeting, like i said i think its foreign owner bashing for the sake of it based on a complete theory

"there are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League.

"If we have four or five more new owners, that could happen."

that number could be 1 and 4/5 new owners making it happen is a completely baseless statement, or is he claiming that 9/10 clubs want this already and it only needs 4/5 more? if thats the case then its not just foreign owned clubs talking about it

shit stirring nonsense IMHO

This has been mooted before. But it has NEVER been suggested that they just "freeze" the Premier League "as is". It is always spoken of in terms of certain clubs being invited to join a brand new league.

If it were to happen, there is no guarantee that the current Premier strugglers would be invited. Whereas the likes of Leeds United, West Ham, Forest, even the Sheffield clubs, may well be.

We're not relegation threatened.

We're not relegation threatened.

Im not saying were staring relegation in the face. However it would be foolish to think were safe from relegation. Were level on points with Norwich who I think the whole country would agree is relegation threatened.

Our playing staff is weaker, yet our management structure is stronger. Like last year 10th and downwards will probably be scrapping for points, were no different.

Anyway, no relegation is a stupid idea. But if it means last years stresses never happens again, and Small Heath stay in the Chumpionship, every cloud has a silver lining...