dudevillaisnice

I can't find the actual link because the original article was from Setanta (which has closed)

But it's on here - Dec 2008 post

CHELSEA WANTED FELLAINI

Chelsea were scouting Marouane Fellaini before he left Standard Liege for Everton, Piet de Visser has revealed.

The 74-year-old Stamford Bridge adviser is a close confidant of Blues owner Roman Abramovich and has been paying particularly close attention to Standard, who ran Liverpool close before dumping Everton out of the Uefa Cup.

Fellaini came to the attention of the Dutchman before making his deadline night move to Everton for a club record fee and establishing himself already as a goalscoring midfielder in The Premier League.

De Visser has continued watching Standard closely and admits several of Fellaini's former team-mates remain on his radar.

"I'm not here for one or two players in particular, but just to get everyone in the system," he told HNB.

"We are going to look everywhere in Europe.

"Standard are a team we are closely monitoring. Fellaini was also high on our list when he left for Everton.

"Standard are currently doing very well. They have a handful of interesting guys such as [Axel] Witsel, [steven] Defour and [Milan] Jovanovic.

"But again that does not mean that we need them right away. You have to follow them. Now it's only a matter of scanning and mapping."

Witsel and Defour have already been linked with other Premier League clubs as Standard impress in the Uefa Cup.

I think that says that Chelsea were looking at him. Don’t see anywhere where it says Chelsea admit trying to sign him.

I can't find the actual link because the original article was from Setanta (which has closed)

I think that says that Chelsea were looking at him. Don’t see anywhere where it says Chelsea admit trying to sign him.

Alright Mr Pedantic, I couldn't remember the exact words.

I think "high on our list" suggests he was one of their main targets.

Hopefully he was just enjoying the match. I do know he has just bought a new house up here though.

Alright Mr Pedantic, I couldn't remember the exact words.

I think "high on our list" suggests he was one of their main targets.

Hopefully he was just enjoying the match. I do know he has just bought a new house up here though.

These things are important; you might think I am being pedantic, but whats the point in discussing things if we don’t deal in facts?

I'd be surprised if Real Madrid signed Felliani.

If they did, perhaps we'd have a shot at signing Lassana Diarra, who is underused at Real. We tried to sign him when Arsenal were selling. He's Reo Coker, but with passing ability.

Cheating scouse bastards. Absolutely disgraceful display of time wasting and injury feigning. They saw we didn't have a homer ref (again) and made the most of it.

Glad they **** it up

Everton are a good team but there were some dirty tactics employed by some of their players tonight.

Agreed.

Oh well. Look at it this way. If it weren't for their fairy like players rolling around on the floor everytime they got touched, there probably wouldn't have been much added time. Added time we equalised in. Thankyou Pienaar. :D

I can't work out why Everton fans boo Ashley.

Is it because he is better than anything they have got?

He goes down a bit easy and probably that goal last year although they won't admit that.

He seemed to be on a mission to make them hate him even more tonight with various things he did. :D

Â