dudevillaisnice

Everton are certainly not a shite team. I don't think they will catch us.. but they will certainly run us close now. It could come down to our head to head.

If Spurs make it to the FA Cup Final, 7th will be Europa spot. That's a good incentive for them, and our heads have dropped as 4th seems to have slipped away.

I think they have the momentum now, we are struggling to get wins wheras they are picking up some great results. If we keep on drawing games then they'll soon pass us. I said a month ago that Everton shouldn't be ruled out of the 4th place battle, and with the way teams above keep blowing hot and cold they might just sneak it.

Hopefully Everton will run out of games but then I thought that last season and they didn't. I still think they'll have to win the majority of their games to finish above us.

That said, most of their injuries have gone away so they've got a pretty good starting 11 again. Jagielka and Distin is also become a good defensive combination as I suspected it would be.

Get ready for the Moyes to Celtic crap to start again

He'd be mad to go to Celtic!

A great manager and seems to be quite savvy so he will know that it wont be long till a mega club comes in for him, perhaps even this close season.

I think Liverpool could be the first to sound him out (cat amongst the pigeons time!) although I think this may force a few others hands.

I think Liverpool could be the first to sound him out

No chance in hell he would go there. No chance. He hates that club as much as we do. He still has work to do here and he knows it.

A lot of clubs, both Foreign and British, have sounded him out before (even last summer) and he's turned them down. There's only really one job I am truly concerned about him moving on to, and we all know what that is.

No chance in hell he would go there. No chance. He hates that club as much as we do. He still has work to do here and he knows it.

A lot of clubs, both Foreign and British, have sounded him out before (even last summer) and he's turned them down. There's only really one job I am truly concerned about him moving on to, and we all know what that is.

I didn't say I thought he would go there (He would be bananas to head there ATM!), rather that I think they may be looking for someone like him in the not too distant future. The fact that he would not have to move his roots may also seem like a bonus to them if they are weighing up whether he would accept.

However, as far as your thoughts that he hates them as much as you.....I dont know his personal thoughts but from an outsiders point of view that seems a tad political.

Im sure clubs have glanced at him in the past and he may well have turned down approaches but things change, especially if he sees he has taken the club as far as he can with the unlikely injection of significant funds. This brings me to his likely destination.....

He's good enough for it too.

However, as far as your thoughts that he hates them as much as you.....I dont know his personal thoughts but from an outsiders point of view that seems a tad political.

Im sure clubs have glanced at him in the past and he may well have turned down approaches but things change, especially if he sees he has taken the club as far as he can with the unlikely injection of significant funds. This brings me to his likely destination.....

Trust me, I know he does :winkold:

I think the closest we were to losing him was at the start of last season, when he was refusing to sign a new deal until about a month into the season. I genuinely thought he was off then but I honestly think he has so much faith and put so much into this group of players, he'd feel a criminal for walking out on them, stabbing them in the back.

Kenwright and Moyes are best mates, which is the main reason why throughtout all the rough times Moyes has had, when people were calling for his head, Kenwright kept him on. Kenwright did a pretty revealing interview about his relationship with Moyes recently, just a few weeks ago, here if you want to read: Link

but is kicking other teams off the pitch really the United way ?

tbh I think one would have to be crazy to take the Man U job ..impossible act to follow and it's not the youngest team there at the moment so they are soon due for a major rebuild .. without Rooney this season would they be in contention ?

tbh I think one would have to be crazy to take the Man U job ..impossible act to follow and it's not the youngest team there at the moment so they are soon due for a major rebuild .. without Rooney this season would they be in contention ?

Have you watched us recently? We outfootballed Arsenal at the Emirates (even they admit that), and we beat United, Chelsea and City fair and square without "kicking them off the park" and playing some pretty good football too.

I agree on point 2 though.

Exactly my thought on that second bit, Tony. It's probably managerial suicide to try and succeed SAF.

I dont even think Moyes is that good!! So much media praise that everyone seems to be falling for. Its bollocks. Hes not won ought. Supposed to be doing it on a shoe string!! What??? Roy Hodgeson is doing it on a shoe string, Sean O'driscoll is doing it on a shoe string! Not Moyes. Theyre not achieving anything. Going backwards if anything

A real worry for you isn't it. That job. But I don't see Taggart retiring just yet, despite Moyes (fantastic manager) being his own choice to succeed him (if rumours are true).

Exactly my thought on that second bit, Tony. It's probably managerial suicide to try and succeed SAF.

You are quite right, the next manager would be on a hiding to nothing having to follow SAF the most succesful manager of modern times. You would need an massive ego, with a large dose of self confidence. Step forward..... Jose Mourinho.

You are quite right, the next manager would be on a hiding to nothing having to follow SAF the most succesful manager of modern times. You would need an massive ego, with a large dose of self confidence. Step forward..... Jose Mourinho.

That sounds like Phil Brown

Darren Ferguson hasn't been doing too badly. Peterborough's sacking of him was laughable after 2 straight promotions. Now at Preston and sitting in midtable, hasn't been phenomenal but what he took over at Preston was pretty minimal. I still think he could come into contention, but he needs to make a big step up soon.

Â