dudevillaisnice

Had a fiver bet with an Everton fan at work who will finish higher, after he started getting lippy after last weeks result. Wish I'd looked at the league table before I did!

Pienaar linked to Spurs and Chelsea. I can't imagine Chelsea would want him. Could this be the season that a very impressive Everton side is broken up looking for better individual prospects? Everton don't have a sugar daddy yet and I don't think they can continue to hold on to the talent they have without showing they are pushing on to the next level. I'm thinking particularly about Arteta who is annually linked to a move back to Spain. Rodwell getting linked to Man Ure. Or AG do you reckon you'll be OK for next year?

Pienaar linked to Spurs and Chelsea. I can't imagine Chelsea would want him. Could this be the season that a very impressive Everton side is broken up looking for better individual prospects? Everton don't have a sugar daddy yet and I don't think they can continue to hold on to the talent they have without showing they are pushing on to the next level. I'm thinking particularly about Arteta who is annually linked to a move back to Spain. Rodwell getting linked to Man Ure. Or AG do you reckon you'll be OK for next year?

Not this summer, I can't see anyone of note really leaving this summer unless a ridiculous offer comes in that is unrefusable.

Moyes wants to keep this squad together, he's been quoted at functions as saying he doesn't really want to bring anyone in this summer, just to bulk the squad up a bit with cheap deals/bosmans. They all feel we can push onto the next level - especially with the form we have shown lately, they feel they can last it out for a whole season if we can get a fit squad...

I think most of the business will be inhouse as a lot of players will be offered new deals. For the record, I've heard Pienaar and Rodwell are well into talks for new deals and things are going well. I saw an article saying we were going to offer new deals to 10 players this summer.

On the way out this summer, Yobo probably, and if an acceptable offer comes in...Yakubu..apart from that, noone.

I should say, noone would have gone last summer if we hadn't of sold Lescott, and I think it's blindingly clear we were not going to sell unless silly money was offered.

AG, is there any word on whether Everton will try and get Donovan permanently?

I dunno. I think it's more likely he will come back on a similar deal next season. I think the problem is, he is like poster boy for MLS, they will fight tooth and nail to keep him and probably want an auction so his price is looking to be upto $15-20mil, which is too much for him really. Added to Beckham's injury, it seems we would have to wait til he end of their season.

He's quite a loyal guy it seems, and prefers being comfortable somewhere rather than being better paid, and he has said he would only really want to play for us were he to return to England.

I think Moyes has left the buck with him, from what I can gather. Basically he's said "If you want to come back, let us know and we'll see what we can do".

He is very happy to stay in LA though (who wouldn't be) as he's a SoCal boy, his family, friends are all there and the weather is obviously better. I think it's more whether he wants it than anything because I think we would be happy to if the price was right.

I reckon you'll see a bid from United for Rodwell. I'd personally put this kid on the plane to South Africa.

Thank God you're not manager then! It would be as stupid as sending Walcott to the last World Cup!

AG, is there any word on whether Everton will try and get Donovan permanently?

I dunno. I think it's more likely he will come back on a similar deal next season. I think the problem is, he is like poster boy for MLS, they will fight tooth and nail to keep him and probably want an auction so his price is looking to be upto $15-20mil, which is too much for him really. Added to Beckham's injury, it seems we would have to wait til he end of their season.

He's quite a loyal guy it seems, and prefers being comfortable somewhere rather than being better paid, and he has said he would only really want to play for us were he to return to England.

I think Moyes has left the buck with him, from what I can gather. Basically he's said "If you want to come back, let us know and we'll see what we can do".

He is very happy to stay in LA though (who wouldn't be) as he's a SoCal boy, his family, friends are all there and the weather is obviously better. I think it's more whether he wants it than anything because I think we would be happy to if the price was right.

I may be wrong but didnt Landon Donovan have a go at Beckham for going on loan and not concentrating fully on LA Galaxy?

Either way, I hate Everton

I know Gosling is injured. Just from what I've seen of him - which I admit is limited to the usual rival fan type coverage MOTD/FootballFirst etc - I've thought him 'a player' too.

I may be wrong but didnt Landon Donovan have a go at Beckham for going on loan and not concentrating fully on LA Galaxy?

Either way, I hate Everton

No. He had a go at Beckham for not showing commitment to LA Galaxy whilst he was there. Beckham said he came over to help MLS and "soccer" grow over there, yet when he was injured he didn't turn up for games to even watch like the rest of the squad, he didn't join in on team events and stuff, that sort of thing. Nothing to do with the loan, just all that stuff came out at the same time as Beckham's loan thing with Milan.

Yes, I know you hate Everton, I could tell from all the posts you do on here saying how much you hate Everton and Moyes.

Gosling is an ok player. Nowhere near as talented as Rodwell, but he's good. Has a lot of energy, works hard and has a knack of finding himself in the right place at the right time to get goals. He's physically very weak though, and not very quick.

Rodwell has pretty much everything except experience. Total athlete with a footballing brain.

got nowhere near the technical ability of osman

True.

I'd say he has got more energy than Osman though, and will probably get more goals than Osman as he gets right in there and just has a knack.

Gosling is a good squad player for now. He needs to progress a lot to be anywhere near a regular starter but he can make a difference when he comes on.

Any idea if Arteta is fit this weekend?

Should be ok I think. He missed last week as a precaution. He could have played if needed but with a poor pitch at Wolves and the risks were unnecessary so he was rested really.

Â