dudevillaisnice

Thought that Bilyaletdinov was quite poor yesterday, luckily for us. Guess he can do much better but yesterday he didn't impress at all. Osman though...

He was alright. As I said, he really does need to get up to speed with things but he's played almost non stop for over a year now, and the step up has been difficult. Technically he is excellent though, his footballing attributes are plain to see.

Thought that Bilyaletdinov was quite poor yesterday, luckily for us.

Agreed.

Does he not often taken people on AG? Surely he would know that Cuellar isn't a proper full back and try to take advantage of it, but everytime he got isolated with him he'd just play it back to the middle of the field.

Thought that Bilyaletdinov was quite poor yesterday, luckily for us.

Agreed.

Does he not often taken people on AG? Surely he would know that Cuellar isn't a proper full back and try to take advantage of it, but everytime he got isolated with him he'd just play it back to the middle of the field.

I think he showed a few glimpses, but they were few so pretty much "this".

Not really his game to be honest. He's not a natural wide player, he played centrally for Lokomotiv and he plays in a kind of free roaming role for Russia. He isn't really quick enough to take players on compared to say Pienaar, who, while not lightening, has decent pace and good acceleration.

His left foot is sweet though so he can cross from anywhere given enough space (a bit like Beckham didn't really need to beat his man). The most frustrating part with him so far is he is wildly inconsistent. I'm thinking it's just everything catching up with him so hopefully after a rest this summer and a full pre season he'll kick on next year. Reminds me so much as situations with Arteta, Pienaar, etc - started slow but showed glimpses.

Scored 6 goals this season too, so has contributed in that respect as well.

What positions are you most likley to strengthen during the summer? Surely you are only a couple of payers away from challenging for a top 4 spot.

A decent attacking RB and a decent fit striker would seem to me to be the key areas. Jerome Boateng wants to leave HSV and Guerrero is also leaving on a free. I don't know if you could afford those two in terms of wages, but I think they'd be great signings for you.

What positions are you most likley to strengthen during the summer? Surely you are only a couple of payers away from challenging for a top 4 spot.

A decent attacking RB and a decent fit striker would seem to me to be the key areas. Jerome Boateng wants to leave HSV and Guerrero is also leaving on a free. I don't know if you could afford those two in terms of wages, but I think they'd be great signings for you.

RB probably, but we have a young lad on loan who turned the game on his head aginst you lot back in December, Seamus Coleman, who is doing well but there are still some concerns about him (lacking experience more than anything but he has great potential).

We need another wide player too, Donovan or someone like him with pace and directness.

I think we do need another striker too, can see Vaughan going in summer.

Think Boateng is going to City. Guerrero is a possibility if we could get his wages but I can envisage a lot of competition for him. We are being linked very heavily with Witsel and Mbokani from Standard Liege (of course both good friends with Fellaini too) and Moyes has been out to watch them several times this season, and they have both declared an interest in either coming to England (Mbokani - whose agent says we want him, although could be pushing for a move) or signing for us (Witsel).

We are improving our GK depth too, signed Slovakian number 1 on a pre contract for next season already.

If we can get everyone fit, and playing well, we have a very strong squad.

EDIT: I should add, I think some players like Yobo, Vaughan, maybe Pienaar (although we really should do everything we can to keep him) depending on his contract, might be shipped out. We are getting linked with Vertonghen from Ajax again too, who we chased last summer but after Arsenal signed Vermaelen, they point blank refused to sell Vertonghen for this season. He also said he'd like to come but he would be expensive, probably £8-10mil minimum.

Think Everton need to change around their training habits (so many injuries) and replace Hibbert and they'll be sweet.

Probably do with another Striker as Yak is pretty much a Pukka Pies representative these days and Saha is nearing that age.

It's nothing to do with training, training ground, etc.

Everton have done research into it actually and found no evidence.

A lot of our injuries have been impact injuries in tackles and challenges. Or awkward landings.

All our serious injuries lately (3months+)

Arteta - ACL - Awkward landing

Yakubu - Achilles - Awkward landing

Jagielka - ACL - Awkward landing

Gosling - ACL - Impact

Pienaar - Knee - Impact

Anichebe - Knee - Impact

Vaughan - Knee - Impact

Neville - Shin - Impact

Osman - Foot - Impact

Fellaini - Ankle - Impact

IMO boateng will be over 15m and go to city for 'footballing reasons' do you play heitinga at rb at all? Isnt that where he plays for holland (im sure he marked ash out of the game last year)

He is crap at RB, and he hates playing there. Centre back is his best position but while Fellaini is out we need "muscle" in the midfield. He mainly plays CB for Holland too, with Van der Wiel playing RB.

I think injuires are the key difference between you and Villa this season. I think you are actually better than they are, but they've been very lucky with injuries, whilst you've had a nightmare time. I think most Spurs fans consider us to be the team that has had to contend with the most injuries this season to key players, but you've suffered even more. Had Villa lost Dunne, Milner and Gabby for the amount of time you've been without Jagielka, Arteta and Yak, then i can't imagine they'd have finished in the top half. I get annoyed when some Everton fans criticise Moyes, as it's as if they don't realise the importance of their own key players. I remember being on a couple of Everton forums earlier in the season and couldn't believe some of the negative stuff written about Moyes.

I can't see Vertonghen leaving Ajax. For the first time in years Ajax look to be on the verge of being a decent team again. I think the current crop of Ajax's best players will stay together for at least a couple more years, to see what they can achieve and then go their seperate ways, in the same way the De Jong, VDV, Pienaar and Chivu etc generation did.

I don't believe in coincidence, I think there is something up. There is definately something different between us and yourselves, we seem to keep players fit and our players seem to take challenges well. So imo there has to be something up, probably something as simple as the players don't practice enough hard challenges and when it comes to match day they can't deal with it.

Either that or he should stop buying injury prone players.

I don't believe in coincidence, I think there is something up. There is definately something different between us and yourselves, we seem to keep players fit and our players seem to take challenges well. So imo there has to be something up, probably something as simple as the players don't practice enough hard challenges and when it comes to match day they can't deal with it.

Either that or he should stop buying injury prone players.

They weren't injury prone when we bought them and it's not as though they are going down with muscle strains every now and again. If you had seen he challenges that hurt them, they were bad challenges, you've all seen the Anichebe one, Neville and Pienaar were studed on the shin and knee and it caused the damage.

It's just bad luck. Before these last few years we were fine, nothing has changed (other than the training ground but as I said, they have rigourously had this possiblity checked out and found it has had no impact whatsoever), the staff are all the same.

Fellaini, bad challenge (from both players..) ends up in completely torn ankle ligaments and a flaking bone just because of the way he landed in the tackle? You think things like this can be controlled?

Only Saha is has an injury prone reputation yet he has been avilable for like 90% of our games this season...

I think injuires are the key difference between you and Villa this season. I think you are actually better than they are, but they've been very lucky with injuries, whilst you've had a nightmare time. I think most Spurs fans consider us to be the team that has had to contend with the most injuries this season to key players, but you've suffered even more. Had Villa lost Dunne, Milner and Gabby for the amount of time you've been without Jagielka, Arteta and Yak, then i can't imagine they'd have finished in the top half. I get annoyed when some Everton fans criticise Moyes, as it's as if they don't realise the importance of their own key players. I remember being on a couple of Everton forums earlier in the season and couldn't believe some of the negative stuff written about Moyes.

I can't see Vertonghen leaving Ajax. For the first time in years Ajax look to be on the verge of being a decent team again. I think the current crop of Ajax's best players will stay together for at least a couple more years, to see what they can achieve and then go their seperate ways, in the same way the De Jong, VDV, Pienaar and Chivu etc generation did.

Fickleness mate, the majority know what he has done for us and realise that without him, we would be done for basically. It's pretty miraculous how we managed to cope when at times we had numbers as low as 7 first team players in training, not even in an international week...it's just crazy. I can barely think of another team who would of managed, Moyes and the players deserve a lot of credit for pulling through, particularly the likes of Baines, Cahill, who played practically every minute, carrying knocks themselves because they didn't want to let the team down.

I know an Ajax fan he says they would sell him but we would have to shell out so much that they can't refuse. They have another young CB in Alderwerield (sp?) who has impressed a lot this season, and then they have Danny Blind's son to come in for Vertonghen if he was to leave, it is highly unlikely but possible.

Problem is, same old story with us...sell to buy :(

Must admit, I usually have a lot of respect for Everton and what Moyes has achieved there but they really wound me up with some of their antics last night.

Taking throw ins longer than Delap does for Stoke, Howard constantly replanting the ball before taking goal kicks, Pienaar dead and then sprinting a minute later. Hettinga injured and then deciding to come on and waste another minute to come off and Cahill should've been sent off at 0-1 as he was on a yellow and tried to rugby tackle Gabby on the halfway line but Gabby was too honest and stayed on his feet.

You're not winning anything either so stop acting like your Chelsea.

Must admit, I usually have a lot of respect for Everton and what Moyes has achieved there but they really wound me up with some of their antics last night.

Taking throw ins longer than Delap does for Stoke, Howard constantly replanting the ball before taking goal kicks, Pienaar dead and then sprinting a minute later. Hettinga injured and then deciding to come on and waste another minute to come off and Cahill should've been sent off at 0-1 as he was on a yellow and tried to rugby tackle Gabby on the halfway line but Gabby was too honest and stayed on his feet.

You're not winning anything either so stop acting like your Chelsea.

Agreed.

If last nights game is the norm at Everton their season ticket holders should really apply for some money back.

I feel sorry for their fans!

Â