dudevillaisnice

What I don't get is that he's 21, he clearly has talent, Tony Hibbert is awful and yet that was only his 3rd appearance. Has he been injured or what?

Yeah I was wondering about that too.

Maybe Moyes didn't know how he'd cope with playing regularly in the Premier League or something, or injuries. There's no other reason I can think of that Hibbert would be playing in front of him. I'd rather him Tim Howard at right back.

send that goal by Cahill to Capello....what England can look forward to in the 2nd round of the WC.... :hooray:

*runs away*

Yes but what worries me is the above discussion about Everton and freak injuries. Cahill and his glass legs are all that really stand between us and World Cup oblivion :?

To be fair the one player I could see scroing when oit matters for Australia is Cahill, he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

He hasn't been in the best form for Everotn this seaosn but part of that is because he has been playing in all sorts of different postitons. Stick him just behind the striker and he will score goals.

send that goal by Cahill to Capello....what England can look forward to in the 2nd round of the WC.... :hooray:

*runs away*

Yes but what worries me is the above discussion about Everton and freak injuries. Cahill and his glass legs are all that really stand between us and World Cup oblivion :?

Cahill AND Kewell with THEIR glass legs.

What I don't get is that he's 21, he clearly has talent, Tony Hibbert is awful and yet that was only his 3rd appearance. Has he been injured or what?

He got a serious, career threatening foot injury. We signed him in January from Sligo Rovers, we didn't need him so much at the end of last season cos we had Jacobsen in too. In Pre season, he played at the start, and was very impressive - I think I mentioned him after one game being very impressive - then he got a blister on his foot (big toe), which got infected. Apparently if he was an amateur, he probably would of lost his big toe and never played again. Basically he had a huge infected hole in his foot and it was almost down to the bone. Good job for medical teams eh? So he's only been back since October - ish.

Jags and Arteta had tears in the sutures(stitches) that were holding the meniscus together, along with their ACL injuries, apparently this is common in 75-80% of ACL tears so it's not so unusual (they had totally different surgeons too!).

Arteta's second setback was just pure freak and total bad luck. The guy in Spain who is pretty well regarded in the football world, he does thousands upon thousands of these surgeries a year. He said the infection Arteta got in his knee was only the 3rd time he has ever seen it in 35 years!! Just think it's probably like 3 out of 100,000 chance or something of Arteta's 2nd set back :cry:

Neville's was known about with the original injury, he had to have a surgery with somethin about the cartilage, they had left it to try and heal itself but it never.

Anyways, they aint too uncommon I guess.

What do you think your midfield and formation will be when everyone is back fit? You've got so many central-midfielders to pick from it's quite ridiculous really but obviously Arteta will be a cert... what about the rest and do you think you need Phil Neville anymore? I've always been quite surprised to see him in Everton's team when you have got better options.

What do you think your midfield and formation will be when everyone is back fit? You've got so many central-midfielders to pick from it's quite ridiculous really but obviously Arteta will be a cert... what about the rest and do you think you need Phil Neville anymore? I've always been quite surprised to see him in Everton's team when you have got better options.

It's because he is a fantastic captain, no matter what anyone says. Last season, he was fantastic too.

I'm guessing here but I reckon it will be

-----Fellaini-----Arteta-----

-Pienaar--Cahill--Bilyaletdinov-

Dunno for sure though...

with saha up top?

Preferably. He's a class above Jo and Yak imo.

Yak doesn't look half the player. I've heard he wants a move, led to believe he was gonna move to Spurs in January, then he got injured. It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave next year.

Apparently if he was an amateur, he probably would of lost his big toe and never played again. Basically he had a huge infected hole in his foot and it was almost down to the bone.

:shock: Wish I'd never asked now...

Â