dudevillaisnice

Really doesn't sound like him, I'm sure he don't even like beer :?...anyway, he's always been really nice to me and people I know when they've met him so I'll judge a person on my own experiences, thanks.

as will i. and i'm not wearing blue tinted specs.

Neither am I?

Met plenty of Everton players who treat the fans poorly, Arteta hasn't been one of them...

Donovan's worth the gamble, he will try his very best and with Evertons injury problems I can see the logic behind it. I have a feeling he will do well. Agree with the Dempsey comments, he is a decent player who does not get the plaudits he deserves.

Arteta's beer for a signature? Sounds like a he was just having a laugh TBH, nothing to get to worked up about, is it?

Really doesn't sound like him, I'm sure he don't even like beer :?...anyway, he's always been really nice to me and people I know when they've met him so I'll judge a person on my own experiences, thanks.

Neither am I?

Met plenty of Everton players who treat the fans poorly, Arteta hasn't been one of them...

Name and shame the players! :D

Donovan will run back home with his tail between his legs again. He's not cut out for any other league. He's gonna get abused on the pitch, and probably get stick from his teamates, cuz he's such a pansy. He's lucky Tim Howard is there for him to cry to.

Oh come on maqroll, he isn't my favorite player either, I think he is a bit arrogant and self, but he is pretty damn talented. He's got good legs and dribbling ability and is great on the counter attack. I think he will do good for Everton, I hope so at least, (but not at the expense of Villa!)...

I really rate Moyes in the transfer market, especially the loans deals he has been able to secure. This signing will prove to be another great move by him, mark my words.

WTF? :?

Yeah, "vital player to Fulham" < could be the reason we ain't going for him...

Affordable, attainable, short term fix - Dempsey would fit none of these categories, in my opinion, and as far as I'm aware, that is what we are looking for.

"If Donovon was better than Dempsey, why does he play for a Mickey Mouse club in a Mickey Mouse league?"

I dunno, I've already suggested one reason, that is he is the face of US 'soccer', and the MLS hold his contract and don't want to let their prized asset leave. He likes living in California and hasn't enjoyed Europe when he's been over here (never settled), by his own admission.

Also how about that Dempsey has been here for a good few years and progressed into a better player, whereas when he left MLS he wasn't as good so was easier to attain?

I was just explaining why I think Dempsey is better than Donavon.

And "I dunno, I've already suggested one reason, that is he is the face of US 'soccer', and the MLS hold his contract and don't want to let their prized asset leave. He likes living in California and hasn't enjoyed Europe when he's been over here (never settled), by his own admission" doesn't fly very far with me as far as I'm concerned. If you want to progress as a football player wanting to play at a high level you wouldn't be obliged to play in the MLS (no disrespect). I'd do ANYTHING to play to play in the PL, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 etc... it just seems Donavon is just wasting his talent by not wanting to adjust just because he prefers to live in SoCal. Other American's have settled into Europe and European football perfectly fine so I just think that's a weak excuse personally.

He wants to leave, but MLS values him way more than any team in Europe does, so he'll probably have to play out the last 2 years of his contract before he gets a real chance.(unless he really impresses at Everton and someone wants to pay an exorbitant fee) Dempsey was sold for about $4m, MLS would probably want 3 times that for Donovan.

I don't think anybody denies that Donovan is talented, CM. It's just that he's never done anything outside the US to really say he's capable of playing elsewhere. He failed to make an impression in germany, which in my opinion is about the closest league to England in it's play style, so I just don't see him doing much here. Won't be a bad squad player for a team with lots of injuries like Everton though.

Good move for Everton, good move for Donovan.

They get a highly rated international midfielder who scores goals (and can also play up top) without having to pay mental wages by PL standards, and no long-term commitment.

Donovan gets a chance to establish himself in the most high-profile league in the world, with one of the league's better teams (based on previous seasons, at least).

Win, win.

Can't be a mug if he's played for Bayern, and by all accounts the main reason he left Germany was non-footballing issues.

Could end up being the type of player we wished we had gone for.

For the cost involved he'd be well worth a punt.

I don't think anybody denies that Donovan is talented, CM. It's just that he's never done anything outside the US to really say he's capable of playing elsewhere. He failed to make an impression in germany, which in my opinion is about the closest league to England in it's play style, so I just don't see him doing much here. Won't be a bad squad player for a team with lots of injuries like Everton though.

To be fair though, Steven Pienaar was woeful when he played in Germany, his own fans thought he was absymal, yet he is now one of our most influential players.

Kurt, the worst I personally ever experienced also happened to be my favourite player, at the time, Tomasz Radzinski. I waited once after the game just for him to sign my shirt once (I was 12 :oops: ) and he just walked through, straight through the crowd, jumped in his car and drove off. Grew a slight dislike for him then (which only grew worse over time!), and he had a reputation for doing that sorta thing.

In the current squad, Pienaar is a bit of a big time boy, and he looks like he hates giving autographs and pictures and stuff. He's ok when he's in a good mood though. Felli ain't the greatest but, being honest, I think it's cos he still doesn't have a clue what anyone is saying to him :lol: Theres a few others like but I don't wanna pick on my own team :winkold:

Oh come on maqroll, he isn't my favorite player either, I think he is a bit arrogant and self, but he is pretty damn talented. He's got good legs and dribbling ability and is great on the counter attack. I think he will do good for Everton, I hope so at least, (but not at the expense of Villa!)...

I really rate Moyes in the transfer market, especially the loans deals he has been able to secure. This signing will prove to be another great move by him, mark my words.

History shows that when the going gets tough, Donovan bottles it. Coming to England in the winter, playing in the most physical league in the world, carrying the burden of his own persona, and the likelihood that he will struggle, all add up to abject failure. Call me a cynic, but I can't really see him doing well at all.

Has Jason Donovan signed yet?

Oh ha ha - Kenwright wants him in his next musical thats why he's coming :winkold:

Landon Donovan ain't signed and still might not happen as Galaxy say they are in negotiations with a number of clubs.

Neither am I?

Maybe the difference is one of you has a pair of tits.

We signed him in January from Sligo Rovers.

What a fantastic name for a team.

Sligo is a county in the north west of ireland,nice place..shit team though :) .. super saint pats for me.Gods old club.
`

That's my local team! Threw the Cup Final away a couple of weeks ago. Delighted for Coleman, he was very highly rated at Rovers. New RB for Ireland in the future hopefully. Better than McShane at any rate

Rumor is Landon Donovan is on his way to yous.

It's OK mate, she can understand us, you don't need to type in Scouse

You're a dick :lol:

Why is that, pray tell? :suspect:

I am joking lad.

Lad?

I've probably got offspring older than you :hooray:

:crylaugh: You probably do.

Â