dudevillaisnice

with saha up top?

Preferably. He's a class above Jo and Yak imo.

Yak doesn't look half the player. I've heard he wants a move, led to believe he was gonna move to Spurs in January, then he got injured. It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave next year.

He looks an extra half of a player!

I can't see Yakubu getting a move to anyone bigger than Everton.

He's injury prone, he's moody and hasn't shown any sort of form lately.

He's not going to get a move purely on his reputation. If he wants a move away then he should be doing everything he can to impress.

He certainly won't be getting that move to Spurs now.

Rumor is Landon Donovan is on his way to yous.

Yep, we've confirmed we are in advanced talks for a "Beckham-esque" loan.

Wouldn't mind it to be honest, seems alright. Will be good in helping us improve our profile (even a tiny bit!) over there as well.

It was also reported by Andy Hunter, who is one of only a couple of journalists that Moyes fully trusts and will give information too. He reported ALL of our summer transfers before anyone else.

Just read about this on the BBC. He would be an asset to any team. I really rate him and glad he found his way to the PL for a few months before off to the WC. Will keep him fit in a competitive league, fingers crossed doesn't get injured.

Good January signing.

It's OK mate, she can understand us, you don't need to type in Scouse

You're a dick :lol:

Why is that, pray tell? :suspect:

Yep, we've confirmed we are in advanced talks for a "Beckham-esque" loan.

Wouldn't mind it to be honest, seems alright. Will be good in helping us improve our profile (even a tiny bit!) over there as well.

It was also reported by Andy Hunter, who is one of only a couple of journalists that Moyes fully trusts and will give information too. He reported ALL of our summer transfers before anyone else.

Hopefully he doesn't suffer from the Everton injury curse, we'd be screwed at the World Cup without him. He scored or set up 80% of our goals in qualifying.

Exactly, if he gets a long term injury because of the Everton loan I'll be pissed.

But talk about the pot calling the kettle black, he was just bitching 9 months ago about Beckhams allegiance to the Galaxy, and now he's making the same type of move! I bet things would be different if the Galaxy had won the MLS Cup...

Exactly, if he gets a long term injury because of the Everton loan I'll be pissed.

But talk about the pot calling the kettle black, he was just bitching 9 months ago about Beckhams allegiance to the Galaxy, and now he's making the same type of move! I bet things would be different if the Galaxy had won the MLS Cup...

I dont follow MLS so don't really understand why winning a trophy last year would stop him going on loan to the Premiership where his stock as a player instantly becomes much higher?

Would that have meant they'd be involved in some champions-league style tournament or something?

AG, heres my opinion of seeing him in MLS and with MNT (Mens national Team):

He is a very smooth player, technically sound, can dribble with close control, shoots with power and accuracy, Fit as a fiddle as well as explosive speed. Makes good decisions, and for me on the counter attack, is probably the most dynamic player the MLS has. His best position for me is a 10 where he has license to roam and find pockets of space, or just has the freedom to 'get himself on the ball'.

THe two biggest concerns i would have are 1.) can he handle the tempo and physicality of the english game, this is the biggest difference to MLS for me, you have to play quicker, think quicker and execute quciker, this will be a HUGE part of his success/faliure. Again i think thats why Evetong would have to emply him as a 10 to get the best out of him, becasue he can then have freedom to roam, although he is not a creator or a crafty player. 2.) Temperament, hes a California lad i think, and is very laid back, everything i had heard from him since he came back from Germany was that he was not that arsed about coming back over here and trying his hand again. Thatas why this surprised me a little. However he must know about Moyes reputation for demanding nothing less than 100% from his players and must be prepared to battle and grind. I think watching hmi will be very interesting and could be a astute signing if he can adapt quickly.

AG, heres my opinion of seeing him in MLS and with MNT (Mens national Team):

He is a very smooth player, technically sound, can dribble with close control, shoots with power and accuracy, Fit as a fiddle as well as explosive speed. Makes good decisions, and for me on the counter attack, is probably the most dynamic player the MLS has. His best position for me is a 10 where he has license to roam and find pockets of space, or just has the freedom to 'get himself on the ball'.

THe two biggest concerns i would have are 1.) can he handle the tempo and physicality of the english game, this is the biggest difference to MLS for me, you have to play quicker, think quicker and execute quciker, this will be a HUGE part of his success/faliure. Again i think thats why Evetong would have to emply him as a 10 to get the best out of him, becasue he can then have freedom to roam, although he is not a creator or a crafty player. 2.) Temperament, hes a California lad i think, and is very laid back, everything i had heard from him since he came back from Germany was that he was not that arsed about coming back over here and trying his hand again. Thatas why this surprised me a little. However he must know about Moyes reputation for demanding nothing less than 100% from his players and must be prepared to battle and grind. I think watching hmi will be very interesting and could be a astute signing if he can adapt quickly.

Thanks Dom.

I'll be honest, I've seen him very little. Only really for the national team and thats just about it. I think part of the problem with him in Germany was at Leverkusen, he was still really young, and for a guy who likes home - which I heard he does - will be very hard to adapt. Then at Bayern, he went on loan alright but half of that was a mid season break, and also the pressure at a club like Bayern is far higher than here at Everton I'd imagine, and maybe he wasn't mentally strong enough to cope. Language could be another factor on his lack of impact over there...

Can't help but feel, on the little I've seen of him, admittedly, that he suits our style of play. I've spoke to a few people who've seen him a heck of a lot more than me who say he sorta just "fits" with us. Having Timmy Howard here too will be invaluable I think, and I'm in no doubts they will have discussed this quite a bit. Hopefully will help him settle quickly.

On the last bit you put, I think that is absolutely key, Moyes wont accept anything less than 100%, so he has to work or the deal will be pointless. I'm sure Timmy will have made him well aware of what to expect over here.

Put it this way too, he is gonna experience some massive games at the time too as our schedule over January and February is really heavy:

Fa cup game(s)

Europa League

Arsenal @ Emirates

Liverpool @ Anfield

Spurs @ WHL

Sunderland, City, Utd & Chelsea @ home

This is a huge opportunity for him to really show himself and prove those who have doubted him that they were wrong. I really hope he does

:D

Donovan is an average player has failed at Leverkusen and Bayern and if he was so good he wouldnt have had the peak of his career in MLS.

Have you ever considered the fact that due to being the best player the US has ever produced (I don't think theres any doubting that, is there?<<< EDIT: I should say this is basically a quote from american fans/LA fans) and that the MLS hold his contract, that they haven't wanted to let him leave permanently? I think that has a bit to do with it...not denying he was poor at Leverkusen and Bayern, but he wasn't given a fair chance at Bayern, and at Leverkusen he was still pretty young, as I said before...he's grown a lot over the last year (so I've heard) or so hopefully he proves it.

He was 22/23 last time he was at Leverkusen not exactly young in football terms. Their has to be a reason he wasnt given a chance maybe his training was poor.

Not the best player US produced by a mile. McBride, Friedal, Dempsey, Harkes all better players than Donovan

It's OK mate, she can understand us, you don't need to type in Scouse

You're a dick :lol:

Why is that, pray tell? :suspect:

I am joking lad.

Lad?

I've probably got offspring older than you :hooray:

He was 22/23 last time he was at Leverkusen not exactly young in football terms. Their has to be a reason he wasnt given a chance maybe his training was poor.

Not the best player US produced by a mile. McBride, Friedal, Dempsey, Harkes all better players than Donovan

In your opinion!

I've read a lot of forums, lots of US fans have come on our forums, about this whole thing and they say he is.

EDIT: For the record, LD has more caps than all of them, at the age of 27. Dempsey is only a year younger and has HALF the number of caps...

I think your judging this, mainly on the fact those you've named, came and played in England.

Â