dudevillaisnice

No Liverpool will, and then it won't be quite so funny, will it?

Doubt it, The FSW has already said he isn't bothered by the competition, he's going to field reserves because he needs to concentrate on the league

Yet league finish clearly is important.. prize money aside, it gives us fans bragging rights over fans of other clubs... and how many times do we have to bring out the 'look how many times Villa have finished above Spurs in the PL' card...

So, I guess the question is, how many positions (5th - 17th) is a League Cup worth? And an FA Cup?

Would you sacrifice, say, 7 league positions, to get to the semi-final of the EL?

Would you rather win the EL and escape relegation on the last day of the season, or finish 5th?

Actually, scratch that last one, that'd be an amazing finish to the season! :D

I'd take 17th, staying up on the last day of the season - but winning a trophy over finishing 5th and winning nothing.

But thats just me - others may feel a bit differently (more than likely do, in fact)

Trouble is I dont think Everton will win anything this season and I do think they will struggle to make the top 10. So, as Rob says, the debate is irrelevant.

Can I be thanked as well please.

Same old same old, everyone writing us off. Totally used to it now.

I'm not saying we are going to win it, but with a bit of luck, players back, full team out, we have as much chance as anyone...

Galatasaray are the team to watch everyone. I've got a couple of buddies who are from Turkey who have been telling me that Galatasray will surprise a few people this season and I can see why they say this. Rijkaard is a great manager who's already managed at the highest level with Barca, they've got a great team... most notable Elano, Arda Turan, Leo Franco... and the legend that is Milan Baros haha.

Lets see how they do in the knock-out rounds... they've already blitzed their group and I'll be supporting them hoping they can reach the final.

Obviously it's difficult to predict a winner at this stage! The only point I was trying to make is we have just as good a chance as anyone else.

Quick fact:

Salzburg, one of the lowest rank teams (4th bottom ranked team) at this stage of the competition, are the only team to have a 100% records in the group stage.

:shock:

I was gonna back Everton to beat Spurs this weekend until I read that Tony Hibbert may be playing centre half!

:lol:

To be fair, he's done alright there, especially in midweek. Against Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane is quite a different proposition though :lol:

Why do I get an odd feeling Moyesy was being slightly serious here:

Sky Sports"]"Myself and Andy Holden (reserve team coach) have both played centre-half over the years," said a surprisingly upbeat Moyes, a former Celtic and Preston defender.

"We've both put ourselves in the frame this morning (Friday) when we joined in training and did okay so we're waiting on the manager's decision.

"I'm sure I can dig out my registration from somewhere.

"I think we'd quite enjoy it. I know what we would be trying to do in the first 30 seconds, rake our studs down the back of their legs!"

Â