dudevillaisnice

The mother of all flukes tonight.

I thought Saha's precision hader off the post knowing that Cech's back would knock it in was quality TBH

Likewise the pass by an Everton player onto Carvalho's back for the Yak's goal. Brilliant stuff.

Also smart of Saha to rise with his back to Drogba knowing the clearance would hit the back of his neck and go in.

But seriously, they're the 3 flukiest goals I've ever seen

The mother of all flukes tonight.

I thought Saha's precision hader off the post knowing that Cech's back would knock it in was quality TBH

Likewise the pass by an Everton player onto Carvalho's back for the Yak's goal. Brilliant stuff.

Also smart of Saha to rise with his back to Drogba knowing the clearance would hit the back of his neck and go in.

But seriously, they're the 3 flukiest goals I've ever seen

'

Sounds just like Football Manager then.

Petr Cech is the most overrated goalkeeper in the league and it's not because of his comical errors too - he's been pretty poor for the last year or so.

Yeah, he's been bad for a while now.

Was a good laugh watching Everton on MotD. They have had no luck at all this season.. they certainly had that much luck, and then some, to get a point out of this. Well done to them.

Not sure if this has been posted but Everton use FM to scout for players? Interesting considering how much stick people get on here for referring to it. Would also explain why they signed Heitinga...

(I know it's not a new story by the way I just heard about it on the World Football Phone In last night)

Here

Everton FC use Football Manager 2009 in search for talent

Posted by John Stewart on November 18, 2008

Everton FC have signed a deal allowing the club to use SEGA’s newest football game, Football manager 2009, to scout for talent.

The exclusive deal with Sports Interactive, the game’s developers, which is a football and gaming first, gives Everton manager David Moyes unrivalled and unrestricted access to Football Manager’s extensive database. Football Manager employs the largest scouting network in football, with over 1,000 scouts, who have uncovered over 370,000 players and staff from 20,000 active teams, in more than 50 countries around the globe.

The Game’s original creators, Paul and Oliver Collyer, felt the time was right to put pen to paper over the deal, despite declining previous offers from other clubs, in a bid to “bring virtual football management to the real world”. Paul Collyer continues:

“The game’s database is a valuable resource with the most extensive scouting network in football so Everton FC is making a top signing. I am personally delighted with the announcement as I’m a Toffees fan. Standing on the pitch with my signing on shirt is as close to my boyhood dream of playing at Goodison Park as I will ever get.”

Football Manager’s unique database has helped propel the game to becoming the most popular football management simulation around. And with a track record of unearthing and predicting the talents of some of the world’s current stars (Ashley Young, Wayne Rooney at 15 and Lionel Messi at 14) Everton hope to take advantage of the game’s knack for talent spotting and bring some of the world’s brightest talents to Goodison Park. In a statement on footballmanager.com, Studio Director Miles Jacobson said:

“We’ve known for a while that teams use the game to research certain players, whether to buy or to check out the opposition, but this formal recognition by a premiership team is fantastic and we are sure it will prove a fruitful one for the Everton FC.”

Copies of Football Manager 2009 have been on sale since Friday 14th November and the game, which has been fully updated for the 2008/09 football season, will feature an all new 3D match engine and has, again, been heralded by game reviewers across the UK as the most realistic management experience available.

Oh yeah, I weren't complaining though :lol: I didn't even know the first one had gone in!!

Unbeaten in 4 there in the league now :)

Think (hoping) we might have turned the corner, hopefully a few players might be coming back soon, fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, I weren't complaining though :lol: I didn't even know the first one had gone in!!

Unbeaten in 4 there in the league now :)

Think (hoping) we might have turned the corner, hopefully a few players might be coming back soon, fingers crossed.

The sooner the better really. It wont hurt having another team being capable of taking points off the teams around us.

Any players expected to return from injury by next weekend? Could do with you sending that other team in blue crashing down to Earth, their fans are starting to think they're not shit.

I think Osman is back, he should play some part on Thursday I reckon. Vaughan is back in training too, I believe. Cahill will be back from suspension. Other than that, no.

Oh and according to reports in Argentina, we have bid for Fernando Gago (loan with view for permanent I reckon) and Real would be willing to let him go...yay, a player who goes around kicking people, just what we need :?

Actually, scrap that, I'd have him over Mascherano :lol:

Any players expected to return from injury by next weekend? Could do with you sending that other team in blue crashing down to Earth, their fans are starting to think they're not shit.

I think Osman is back, he should play some part on Thursday I reckon. Vaughan is back in training too, I believe. Cahill will be back from suspension. Other than that, no.

Oh and according to reports in Argentina, we have bid for Fernando Gago (loan with view for permanent I reckon) and Real would be willing to let him go...yay, a player who goes around kicking people, just what we need :?

Actually, scrap that, I'd have him over Mascherano :lol:

Kin hell id have Vinnie Jones over that shower of shite!

Gago doesnt kick people he is a player allegedly in the mould of Redondo or Xavi who sits in midfield and dictates play.

Anybody that has ever seen him play will deny he even does that.

But he is not a hatchet man

Gago doesnt kick people he is a player allegedly in the mould of Redondo or Xavi who sits in midfield and dictates play.

Anybody that has ever seen him play will deny he even does that.

But he is not a hatchet man

Look, I've seen him play, quite a bit actually, and I just don't see how he fits in here.

What I said above was tongue in cheek (if you can say something tongue in cheek, online..)

Seriously, how are Everton more of a threat to us in the long-term? They're in a relegation fight right now (although I don't actually think they'll get relegated and they'll still probably finish above small heath) with lots of injury-ridden players and a manager who's under a lot of pressure right now. They'll do well to finish in the top half of the league... we'll be way ahead them (we already are).

Don't talk about Everton like that. Everybody was saying the same last season and I practically got laughed off the forum towards the end of February for saying we shouldn't write Everton off. 15 points over the space of 21 games is nothing. Everton are capable of going on good unbeaten runs. I'll only write them off when they mathematically can't catch us, no earlier.

Except a team that's in a relegation battle won't miraculously make a come back and be in contention for 4th place... it's just not gonna happen. The only reason they caught us level on points (but had better GD) last season was because we didn't win a game for 2 months whilst they went on a very good run - no way can the same thing happen this season and I can't see them finishing close to either Tottenham or Citeh... even if Spurs do implode.

Like I said, considering the awful start they've had this season (although getting good results against us, Spurs and Chelsea) I think they'll do well to finish in the top half, but if they don't sort themselves out very soon they'll have more concerning things to think about rather than catching us in the league.

I'm not being bias, and I do acknowledge anything can happen, but I'm just looking at it from a realistic point of view and unless we self-distruct going two months without a win whilst Everton go on a winning romp at the same time, I just can't see them getting close to us.

Â