dudevillaisnice

7 wins, 7 draws, and 7 losses (1.33 pts/game) for us would put us at 60 points.

Everton thus far have averaged 1.06 points per game (17 from 16). They'd have to average 1.95 to catch us at that long-term slumping rate. For comparison, they closed and passed in 12 games (weeks 25 through 37) with a point rate of 20 points from 12 (1.67 pts/game) and had averaged 1.6 pts/game over the 25 games in the season up to that point.

In short it wasn't really a case of Everton going on a massively great run that caught us, it was us going on an absolutely terrible run.

If ever there was a case of the tortoise and the hare[wood]...

i really respect everton. haha, i remember 2007/2008 season was it when we won 2-0, Gabby, Carew.

I WAS IN THE EVERTON STAND AT VILLAPARK AND WAS CHANTING SHIT ON EVERTON, SHIT ON EVERTON, i was only 15 but the looks i got........hahaha priceless.

:bonk:

i really respect everton. haha, i remember 2007/2008 season was it when we won 2-0, Gabby, Carew.

I WAS IN THE EVERTON STAND AT VILLAPARK AND WAS CHANTING SHIT ON EVERTON, SHIT ON EVERTON, i was only 15 but the looks i got........hahaha priceless.

baffling why people make up stuff like this really isn't it. :?

Did we even beat Everton 2-0 at home in the 07/08 season? I'm racking my brains out, and I cannot remember that game :?

Did we even beat Everton 2-0 at home in the 07/08 season? I'm racking my brains out, and I cannot remember that game :?

Yeah. Carson assisted Gabbys goal. Long boot upfield, Gabby beat the offisde trap and controlled the ball superbly with his first touch, slotted it past Howard. I think it was the game that Gabby and Harewood had an arguement on the pitch at the final whistle because Gabby didn't set him up for a fairly easy tap in late on.

I remember it well. There was a 15 year old Villa fan in the "everton stand" chanting shit on everton. You should have seen some of the looks he got! You couldn't attribute a monetary value to it!

Looks like the schools have broken up for Christmas then.

Grow up, you silly little boy.

Week #1: Villa win (3 pts), Arsenal win (3 pts), Gap=0

Week #2: Villa lose (3 pts), Arsenal lose (3 pts), Gap=0

Week #3: Villa draw (4 pts), Arsenal win (6 pts), Gap=-2

Week #4: Villa win (7 pts), Arsenal win (9 pts), Gap=-2

Week #5: Villa win (10 pts), Arsenal win (12 pts), Gap=-2

Week #6: Villa win (13 pts), Arsenal lose (12 pts), Gap=1

Week #7: Villa lose (13 pts), Arsenal draw (13 pts), Gap=0

Week #8: Villa draw (14 pts), Arsenal win (16 pts), Gap=-2

Week #9: Villa win (17 pts), Arsenal win (19 pts), Gap=-2

Week #10: Villa win and lose (20 pts), Arsenal draw and lose (20 pts), Gap=0

Week #11: Villa lose (20 pts), Arsenal win (23 pts), Gap=-3

Week #12: Villa win (23 pts), Arsenal lose (23 pts), Gap=0

Week #13: Villa draw (24 pts), Arsenal lose (23 pts), Gap=1

Week #14: Villa draw (25 pts), Arsenal win (26 pts), Gap=-1

Week #15: Villa win (28 pts), Arsenal win (29 pts), Gap=-1

Week #16: Villa win (31 pts), Arsenal draw (30 pts), Gap=1

Week #17: Villa win (34 pts), Arsenal draw (31 pts), Gap=3

Week #18: Villa draw and win (38 pts), Arsenal draw and win (35 pts), Gap=3

Week #19: Villa win (41 pts), Arsenal win (38 pts), Gap=3

Week #21: Villa win (44 pts), Arsenal win (41 pts), Gap=3

Week #22: Villa win and draw (48 pts), Arsenal draw twice (43 pts), Gap=5

Week #23: Villa win (51 pts), Arsenal draw (44 pts), Gap=7

Week #25: Villa lose (51 pts), Arsenal draw (45 pts), Gap=6

Week #26: Villa draw (52 pts), Arsenal draw (46 pts), Gap=6

Week #27: Villa lose (52 pts), Arsenal win (49 pts), Gap=3

Week #28: Villa lose (52 pts), Arsenal win (52 pts), Gap=0

Week #29: Villa lose (52 pts), Arsenal win (55 pts), Gap=-3

Week #30: Villa lose (52 pts), Arsenal win (58 pts), Gap=-6

Week #31: Villa draw (53 pts), Arsenal win (61 pts), Gap=-8

Week #32: Villa draw (54 pts), Arsenal inactive (61 pts), Gap=-7

Week #33: Villa inactive (54 pts), Arsenal draw (62 pts), Gap=-8

Week #34: Villa draw (55 pts), Arsenal win (65 pts), Gap=-10

Week #35: Villa win (58 pts), Arsenal win (68 pts), Gap=-10

Week #36: Villa lose (58 pts), Arsenal lose (68 pts), Gap=-10

Week #37: Villa draw (59 pts), Arsenal draw (69 pts), Gap=-10

Week #38: Villa win (62 pts), Arsenal win (72 pts), Gap=-10

Week #26: Villa draw (52 pts), Arsenal draw (46 pts), Gap=6

Thats where we messed it up, Arse were on a run of Goalless draws and played one out on the saturday and we could have made it 8 points clear on the sunday, darn Stoke

Have no grudge against Everton but how is Tony Hibbert still playing for them. He is an awful player and a right sided version of Shorey. offers nothing

He gets a lot of unfair criticism. He's not a great player, certainly not been the same since his last injury but before then, last season, he was part of our defence that went on an incredible run, and it times he has been excellent for us over the years.

Â