dudevillaisnice

/me debates writing a script to verify whether there's any set of results that could result in Chelsea going down...

Actually, I'll proceed logically... assume that Chelsea loses every remaining match. Then they stay on their current 41 points:

Chelsea: played 38, 41 pts

That would award 3 points to everyone else, except for small heath (who would get 6 points as they have two games remaining against Chelsea)

So the table would then look like (BOLD: season complete):

Chelsea: 41 from 38

Man Utd: 40 from 19

Arsenal: 38 from 18

Villa: 38 from 19

Spurs: 36 from 19

sha: 34 from 20

Citeh: 32 from 18

Liverpool: 30 from 19

Fulham: 29 from 18

Stoke: 25 from 19

Sunderland: 24 from 19

Blackburn: 23 from 20

Wolves: 22 from 19

Burnley: 22 from 19

Everton: 21 from 18

Wigan: 21 from 18

Hull: 20 from 19

Bolton: 19 from 17

West Ham: 18 from 19

Portsmouth: 17 from 19

Now since we're talking only about relegation, we'll juice things up by writing off West Ham and Pompey with all losses except for drawing each other twice:

West Ham: 20 from 21

Portsmouth: 19 from 21

This means 6 points for everyone else:

Man Utd: 46 from 21

Arsenal: 44 from 20

Villa: 44 from 21

Spurs: 42 from 21

Chelsea: 41 from 38

sha: 40 from 22

Citeh: 38 from 20

Liverpool: 36 from 21

Fulham: 35 from 20

Stoke: 31 from 21

Sunderland: 30 from 21

Blackburn: 29 from 22

Wolves: 28 from 21

Burnley: 28 from 21

Everton: 27 from 20

Wigan: 27 from 20

Hull: 26 from 21

Bolton: 25 from 19

West Ham: 20 from 38

Portsmouth: 19 from 38

Then if every remaining game is drawn, the table will look like:

Man Utd: 63pts

Arsenal: 62pts

Villa: 61pts

---

Spurs: 59pts

===

Citeh: 56pts

---

sha: 56pts

---

Liverpool: 53pts

===

Fulham: 53pts

Stoke: 48pts

Sunderland: 47pts

Blackburn: 45pts

Wolves: 45pts

Burnley: 45pts

Everton: 45pts

Wigan: 45pts

Bolton: 44pts

Hull: 43pts

===

Chelsea: 41pts

West Ham: 20pts

Portsmouth: 19pts

Heard a little rumour today about a couple of loan signings in January........I can't for the life of me remember who the other one is but Jack Wilshire form Arsenal for the rest of the season, is apparently on the cards. If I remember the other one I'll post it

Wilshere is an interesting one..

Central midfielder? I'd have thought that's one area of the pitch they are okay with... they have Osman back, Rodwell, Fellaini and Cahill, and Arteta to hopefully return soon, along with club captain Neville...

They need defenders and and a striker or two, not another rookie midfielder...

If they were to take any of the Arsenal kids on loan it should be Vela.

Everton have suspended on-loan striker Jo for a breach of discipline after the Brazilian returned to South America without permission over Christmas.

Jo, 22, is in his second loan spell with Everton from Manchester City.

"We like Jo but there has to be discipline at football clubs," said Everton boss David Moyes.

"He left over a busy period and left us short of players. We've suspended him from the club. It might change but at the moment that's the situation."

The 6ft 3in forward, whose full name is Joao Alves de Assis Silva, scored 44 goals in 77 games for CSKA Moscow before joining City in July 2008.

He signed a four-year deal for a fee thought to be in the region of £18m but struggled to adjust to the Premier League and, following a return only three goals in 18 games, joined Everton on loan for the second half of last season.

After returning to Eastlands at the end of the campaign, Jo rejoined the Toffees in July but has been largely used as a substitute, scoring two goals in 24 appearances

It still amazes me how these footballers do not fully appreciate the incredibly fortunate position they find themselves in.

I'm sure if it were you or I we'd arrive 24 hours early just to be on the safe side.

and Arteta to hopefully return soon, along with club captain Neville

You must be a closet bluescouse, longer other teams players are out the better

The Times report on Jo (here) claims:

Privately, however, he [Moyes] has washed his hands of Jô. "He doesn’t want him," a club source said. "His Everton career is now over." Everton officials will discuss the cancellation of the loan deal as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
and Arteta to hopefully return soon, along with club captain Neville

You must be a closet bluescouse, longer other teams players are out the better

I like Arteta. And I quite like Everton. I like Everton even more this season as they aren't directly competing with us... yet.

Â