dudevillaisnice

I saw most of the game last night and to be fair, Everton were the better team for most of it, Burnley are really quite poor and reliant on set pieces and mistakes from the opposition. I think the current bottom three will be the three to go down and everton will survive, just.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Are they bound to buying Delli Ali still? 

i think so

but at this rate it will be for £0, cant imagine he's activated many of the criteria for money being transferred

£40m if he does this and does that 😂 safe as houses that they were never paying that number 

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

We've won more than any team outside the top 8, and almost three times as many as Burnley. Very bizarre season, and we really need to learn how to draw games.

turns some of those wins into draws though we'd be right in the shit.

Everton should have kept Dunc till end of the year. Blood and thunder etc would have got them a few more points

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

turns some of those wins into draws though we'd be right in the shit

Turn some of those losses into draws and we'd be comfortably in the top half

Games that spring instantly to mind:
Wolves Home (winning and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory)
Brentford Away (winning and threw it away)
Newcastle Away (goal disallowed after VAR took 5 minutes to decide it was a clear and obvious mistake by the ref)
Liverpool Away (dodgy penalty decision)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I saw most of the game last night and to be fair, Everton were the better team for most of it, Burnley are really quite poor and reliant on set pieces and mistakes from the opposition. I think the current bottom three will be the three to go down and everton will survive, just.

I watched it and I thought the same but Everton have a soft underbelly and tough fixtures to come. Burnley play us twice and and I wouldnt count on us getting more than a point. Burnley despite giving away two soft penalties showed the bottlle to win.  That counts for so much. Everton will go down I think.  

Edited by PaulC

Honestly, I really didn't think Everton were better. It seemed very much of a muchness to me, except Burnley could actually score goals.

And Everton were literally wide open the whole game. They had no midfield presence whatsoever.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is what I think too. At the end of the day Burnley just aren't that good - there's a reason why they're down there and have only won 4 all season. Obviously Everton are poor too but as things stand they still have one point more and a better goal difference.

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Burnley 3-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-1 Burnley

We.... haven't played them yet this season?

Edit:  Oh.  Oh I see.  :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

If I read anything from the Gerrard thread you have to give a manager 50 games no matter how poor performances are

I am a big believer in picking a Manager & giving him a decent chance. I actually don't think Everton can afford to fire Lampard right now & I really don't think there would be any advantage in doing it. Whether Lampard would go down to the Championship or wether Everton would want him to is another matter. Lampard just doesn't appear to have a clue about the defensive side of the game & that is a huge liability.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I am a big believer in picking a Manager & giving him a decent chance. I actually don't think Everton can afford to fire Lampard right now & I really don't think there would be any advantage in doing it. Whether Lampard would go down to the Championship or wether Everton would want him to is another matter. Lampard just doesn't appear to have a clue about the defensive side of the game & that is a huge liability.

It’s surprising that Terry hasn’t linked up with him as of yet

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s surprising that Terry hasn’t linked up with him as of yet

There hasn't been much talk about Terry going anywhere.

I don't think Frank wants any competition for the limelight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think so

but at this rate it will be for £0, cant imagine he's activated many of the criteria for money being transferred

£40m if he does this and does that 😂 safe as houses that they were never paying that number 

Has there ever been a player who’s fallen from such a high standard to such a low standard this quickly?

the only one who comes close that I can think of is Torres post Liverpool but even then he still got in the team for Chelsea a lot of the time, but just didn’t do much. Alli has gone from future of the England team to on the bench for relegation fodder in 4 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

Has there ever been a player who’s fallen from such a high standard to such a low standard this quickly?

the only one who comes close that I can think of is Torres post Liverpool but even then he still got in the team for Chelsea a lot of the time, but just didn’t do much. Alli has gone from future of the England team to on the bench for relegation fodder in 4 years

He played over 300 senior competitive games including 37 England games before he turned 23 with 3 seasons of 50+ games. His 18/19 season was interrupted by a few hamstring injuries and he has been in decline since, probably a good example of burn out. Something we would want to keep in mind with the likes of Jacob Ramsey although without European football it is not as much an issue.

40 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He played over 300 senior competitive games including 37 England games before he turned 23 with 3 seasons of 50+ games. His 18/19 season was interrupted by a few hamstring injuries and he has been in decline since, probably a good example of burn out. Something we would want to keep in mind with the likes of Jacob Ramsey although without European football it is not as much an issue.

In fairness I dont think Dele Alli was the player the English media wanted him to be. Jack Grealish worst day is close to Alli best. Eriksen and Dembele really carried him as a midfielder 

• Like 1

Â