Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

what id give to see him fire a salvo past sunderland at the stadium of light to stick it not only up the sunderland fans but also fistface

cant see it happening unfortunately not playing the football we do what little chances bent gets he needs to convert

It would also be great if he went absolutely apeshit after he scored and really rubbed in their faces Adebeyor vs Arsenal style. That would make me laugh but I'm sure he'll go for the reserved non-celebration should he hit the back of the net.

He'll be off in January.

not a chance, he'll be here for the long haul

Pretty sure he would jump at the chance of leaving for somewhere else in January

Based on what exactly? If it was a top club then yeah, I could possibly see that but not just any club.

agree, add to that the price tag that probably only city and Chelsea would pay and they both don't need him and the fact that we really wouldn't want to sell, the only way he could get a move is by being a dick and with the euros that won't happen

again with the euros in mind I think he should work on forming a proper partnership with gabby, at the moment IMO it's not quite there, iirc capello has said in the past he wants club level partnerships in the England team, 3 group games with them 2 starting up top

as for today, will try too hard to impress but won't have a single shot on goal in a game we lose 2-0

Every striker in the world will miss the odd sitter...I think what the majority of Villa fans are trying to say, that despite the fairly easy to start to this season's campaign, Darren Bent has had very little service on the whole from the outfield play. The creative ability coming from midfield has been pretty poor and the balls/crossing from wide areas has been pretty slim. Are Delph/Petrov/Heskey the creative spark in midfield? If not who is because Ireland and Bannan dont get enough stability/game time together to strike up a partnership.? And who is the wide man supplying the front men? N'Zogbia maybe? Again, he has been dia so far this season..

Downing and Young have not been replaced and the football on show does no favours for 18m rated Darren Bent. We need Bannan and Ireland to play regular together in midfield so that a bond/partnership can be built, with a good ball winner/defensive style midfielder just behind them..We also need to get Albrighton back into the frame, as he still remains one of the best deliveries of the ball from a wide area at the club. These little tweaks could see an improvement in our creative play, which in turn could see an improvement in Darren Bent.

You can talk about service and tactics but at the end of the day in 3 games bent has missed 3 sitters. I thought we paid £20 million for a striker who was going to be the difference between 1 point and 3 points.

Disappointed with him again today

It doesn't matter how many Bent scores, if the defence keeps leaking goals we've got no chance.

Sorry but the defence being poor is not an excuse for our record signing missing simple chances in close games.

I never said it does, but it really doesn't help when the defence is shit. I know Bent's everybody's favourite person to hate on right now but we know from the past that the goals will come. So yes, while I'm disappointed with some of the chances he's missed recently, we also need to be creating more for him.

I never said it does, but it really doesn't help when the defence is shit. I know Bent's everybody's favourite person to hate on right now but we know from the past that the goals will come. So yes, while I'm disappointed with some of the chances he's missed recently, we also need to be creating more for him.

Think that accolade goes to McLeish

I thought his overall game was pretty good today but regardless of his lack of service his finishing is becoming very frustrating and whilst our defence is dodgy, his misses are becoming the difference between 1 and 3 points.

Think that accolade goes to McLeish

though Hutton, Bannan, N'zogbia, Collins are all close contenders

Didnt score - missed a sitter again and sounds like he offered nothing as per usual when he doesn't score.

More often than not he doesnt score so atm, his place in the team is as least justified as anyone else.

Please to see he is not escaping criticism though

If only he'd taken his chance today, should have broken the net really

You can live with him offering **** all else if he takes his one golden chance a game

Yep, I remember after his debut saying this guy is going to winde the hell out of me but if he scores a goal every game I will not care.

The vast majority of games - he doesnt score. About 70% of games for Villa he hasn't scored, which makes me feel that 70% of the time hes doing very little. 24m looks very very expensive!!

If only he'd taken his chance today, should have broken the net really

You can live with him offering **** all else if he takes his one golden chance a game

I don't think you should accept it. You'd have to have an incredible strike rate and chance conversion rate for that to be true. When you actually look at Bents goals per minute it's way down on the top class stikers in the Prem, especially without pens. When you consider just who much better the best stikers all round game is than Bents, then I don't get why people don't mind as long as he scores. If it wasn't for the fact he's played so many minutes of football and usually been he's clubs penalty taker would he be rated at all? For example, out of the 60 games Sunderland played during his time there, he started 58 and played virtually every minute of them. He also scored 8 pens. He actual goals per minute rate was 1 every 214 minutes, which is nothing special at all and wouldn't be in the top 10 Prem strikers during that period. In my opinion, his goals don't make up for his lack of contribtution in other areas. You defintely needed a striker when you bought him, but I think there were much better choices who could have scored at a similar rate and at the same time contributed far more all round and been considerably cheaper.

Â