Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent is Lerner's 'Mail man'. If he is not getting the service, Randy will invest to help him!

Cant tell if serious.... :suspect:

I am serious. If Bent was unhappy with the service and wanted to leave...I honestly think Lerner would invest in a player.

I am not saying that it is right for a player to dictate to a Chairman, I just think Lerner has his favourites and Lerner does text Bent a lot apparantly.

Bent is Lerner's 'Mail man'. If he is not getting the service, Randy will invest to help him!

I am serious. If Bent was unhappy with the service and wanted to leave...I honestly think Lerner would invest in a player.

I am not saying that it is right for a player to dictate to a Chairman, I just think Lerner has his favourites and Lerner does text Bent a lot apparantly.

I'd love to think that your right mate, i really do. Unfortunatly i think the purse strings have been tightened and tied in a knot. I mean, you'd be looking at spending between £10-15m (or Dempsey for a little less) to get someone of the required quality.

Big money needs to be invested to attempt to replace the service of Downing/Young. £10-£20m type money. I can see McLiesh bidding £15 million of Pennant though if given the money. Xherdan Shaqiri or Juan Vargas would be nice additions.

I can see McLiesh bidding £15 million of Pennant though if given the money.

I would love it if he did. Ive wanted Pennant for 2 seasons now and made it clear on here. Cracking player who knows what he has to do and doesnt complicate things...we need decent deliveries into the box and that what he does. Moves the ball a yard and delivers.

£20m on Dempsey and Pennant and i would be over the moon.

I'd like Hoillet (sic) but cannot see him wasting his time coming to us

Good shout and I think he is out of contract at the end of the season. He may be a bit similar to Gabby.

I look at who Newcastle have found in France eg Cabaye (£5m), Tiote (£3.5m)and Ben Arfa (£5m) all good players. We really need a player who can operate behind Bent (eg Martin at Sochaux)

We need to look at France , Germany and Holland (is Artur Numan not our scout?) and find players who have more technical ability.

This will help give Bent the service.

EDIT Tiote from Holland

Pennat a cracking player? No he's not. But, with jenas going back (or at least should be) then we will have his wages freed up to try and get someone in on loan. i personally would go for a Pienaar or a wide player on the left as N'Zogbia likes playing on the right. As poor as he is you can see that he is very much a confidence player and seems to have none at the moment. I'd like Etherington but no point going down the route of transfers so we need the cheapest option and seeing if we can do anything in the overseas market.

I'd love to think that your right mate, i really do. Unfortunatly i think the purse strings have been tightened and tied in a knot. I mean, you'd be looking at spending between £10-15m (or Dempsey for a little less) to get someone of the required quality.

I'm getting the impression you rate Dempsey

Spending 10m - 15M ? cannot see that happening especially after we paid 10M for a winger in the summer who was (according to some) a better player than Downing and Young

N'Zogbia's last few games of the season where he score 5 in 6 perhaps put a shine on an otherwise average career up until then. I mean he was gonna join Blues last summer, says it all really.

Doubt he'll get that sort of money, but that would be the sort of money we'd need to spend to get experienced quality service.

I can see McLiesh bidding £15 million of Pennant though if given the money.

I would love it if he did. Ive wanted Pennant for 2 seasons now and made it clear on here. Cracking player who knows what he has to do and doesnt complicate things...we need decent deliveries into the box and that what he does. Moves the ball a yard and delivers.

£20m on Dempsey and Pennant and i would be over the moon.

I don't rate him as much as you do. Anyone who can cross a ball will get assists at land of the giants (Stoke). Spending £15m on Pennant would be a waste, considering he is 29 in January. We'd be throwing money away. If he popped up for about £4 million he'd be worth a shout. Swear Stoke got him for about £1.5 million because he was shocking in Spain.

I'm getting the impression you rate Dempsey

Yep. 28, scores between 5 & 10 goals a season. Strong, good in the air, very capable with the ball at his feet and wouldnt cost the earth.

This season, in 14 games. 4 goals, 3 assists, 52 shots on goal, 35 on target.

I think the way McLeish sets up the team is absolutely scandalous. Look at last season after we signed Bent. The team was set up to get balls into Bent's FEET, and as a result he became our joint top league scorer despite only joining in January. On the whole results improved in the new year, and that was largely due to Bent's goals.

Surely McLeish must've seen this? Instead of carrying this on he sets the team up to just aimlessly hoof it at Bent. I know we lost Young and Downing, but we brought N'Zogbia in and Gabby has shown this season that he can create goals. Why is McLeish not utilising our strengths? Is he some sort of **** idiot?

I'm now getting really frustrated (much like Bent must be) because we have the striker we have been crying out for for years in our squad but he's completely isolated due to inept management.

very capable with the ball at his feet.
With this in mind, what makes you think our current manager will ever even consider signing him?

I think the way McLeish sets up the team is absolutely scandalous. Look at last season after we signed Bent. The team was set up to get balls into Bent's FEET, and as a result he became our joint top league scorer despite only joining in January. On the whole results improved in the new year, and that was largely due to Bent's goals.

Surely McLeish must've seen this? Instead of carrying this on he sets the team up to just aimlessly hoof it at Bent. I know we lost Young and Downing, but we brought N'Zogbia in and Gabby has shown this season that he can create goals. Why is McLeish not utilising our strengths? Is he some sort of **** idiot?

I'm now getting really frustrated (much like Bent must be) because we have the striker we have been crying out for for years in our squad but he's completely isolated due to inept management.

very capable with the ball at his feet.
With this in mind, what makes you think our current manager will ever even consider signing him?

Because he's even better in the air? :winkold:

N'Zogbia's last few games of the season where he score 5 in 6 perhaps put a shine on an otherwise average career up until then. I mean he was gonna join Blues last summer, says it all really.

What position did Zoggy play last year? All of his goals seem to have come from central positions so for me, i'd consider playing him behind Bent as he seems wasted on the wing... just a thought.

Â