Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent has always missed sitters, look through his career. Hes not a great player, just a goal scorer. He'll carry on missing chances like that but as long as hes getting into those positions then you know the goals will return at some point. Ask any Charlton, Sunderland, Spuds fans and they will all tell you the same.

I'd love to see Weimann get 90 mins at some point

Me too, hopefully we'll get a lower league team in the FA Cup and he starts.

Little point in that though is there, it would be a one off game

We really need to get these youngsters playing regular PL football, otherwise they just stagnate.

Herd, Clark, Bannan (when sober), Weimann, Gardner should be getting PL games IMO instead of Hutton, Collins, Ireland, Warnock

Its a gradual process i know but I worry that some of thgem just won't get a look in

I'd love to see Weimann get 90 mins at some point

Me too, hopefully we'll get a lower league team in the FA Cup and he starts.

Little point in that though is there, it would be a one off game

We really need to get these youngsters playing regular PL football, otherwise they just stagnate.

Herd, Clark, Bannan (when sober), Weimann, Gardner should be getting PL games IMO instead of Hutton, Collins, Ireland, Warnock

Its a gradual process i know but I worry that some of thgem just won't get a look in

Agreed. The other issue with these scenarios is that they are often playing as one of a number of changes and don't get a chance to play with the "first team" players so it is not fair to judge IMO and doesn't really give us a decent steer.

hes had a poor start to the season if you ask me. In the last two games he has missed what i would call easy chances and good chances in other games. Needs one off his bum to get some confidence i think because at the moment he is nowhere near clinical!

Exactly how i see it. Ive said in another thread this morning that his conversation rate is terrible this season and i would say he is not far off from being the striker who has missed the most clear cut chances so far this season.

Do i think Darren Bent is a little to blame for the pressure McLeish is feeling...to a certain extent yes i do.

Do i think Darren Bent is a little to blame for the pressure McLeish is feeling...to a certain extent yes i do.

Maybe Benty shares the same view of McLeish as a lot of us? :winkold:

So say Bent shares your view on McLeish, why would that stop him from sticking the ball in the net from 3yds?

• 2 weeks later...
Alan Green on radio 5 just said darren bent is not good enough for international football and wellbeck is better. Can I have your thoughts on that please?

Disagree, I'm still not convinced by Wellbeck, I think Gabby would be more of a presence. If it wern't for Benty today we most likely would have drew or lost. His header got us the goal today and he keeps scoring on an international level. Obviously in other games, he will have more support. Against Spain, he was always gonna be stranded for the most part.

I think wellbeck looks a class player.

As stupid as it sounds Darren bent really only offers goals. Now I know that's what you need to win football games but sometimes offering nothing else to the team just isn't enough.

For a team like us of course it's more than enough. Darren bent is exactly the kind of striker we need but he clearly lacks something when you think of the goals he has scored and the clubs he has played for, the top teams don't want him for a reason.

I think wellbeck has potential to be top class and overall probably does offer more than bent to the team.

There is no doubt though that bent should be in that England squad at the moment.

Â