Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

Ties with Championship Manager/Football Manager as the ONLY game I have truly loved and wasted thousands of hours on.

You play Football Manager? :shock: :D really, I'm genuinely surprised.

I think I've managed to crack the habit now, haven't played since 2011 season. But before that, going right back to the 93/94 version, I played it frequently, usually for hours on end, much to the displeasure of my wife! 

Much love for the classics mentioned here - old skool Champ manager (00-01 was my edition that got serious playtime), Goldeneye (which hasn't aged well at all), Super Mario World, Zelda 64 etc. - but for me my favourite videogame has gotta be:

metal-gear-solid-title.jpg

Epic stuff indeed, it was the first game I played that felt like you were in a movie. Just picked it up again at the weekend on the Playstation store and am playing through it, its held up well enough I must say although it would've been nice if Konami had optimised it to use the analogue sticks.

• Like 1

Ocarina of Time, Skyrim and Arkham Asylum/City for me I think.

I also have a lot of love for the first MGS on the playstation, Final Fantasy X (Blitzball was an awesome game in itself) and Windwaker.

Red Dead Redemption.

Its beautiful, its expansive, it has excellent gameplay, acting and story.

No other game has anything close to the exprience, particuarly as you cross into Mexico. The ending is excllent too. The way it lures you in with family tasks and then hits with a Butch Cassidy & The Sun Dance Kid moment.

Truly immense.

• Like 1

Much love for the classics mentioned here - old skool Champ manager (00-01 was my edition that got serious playtime), Goldeneye (which hasn't aged well at all), Super Mario World, Zelda 64 etc. - but for me my favourite videogame has gotta be:

metal-gear-solid-title.jpg

Epic stuff indeed, it was the first game I played that felt like you were in a movie. Just picked it up again at the weekend on the Playstation store and am playing through it, its held up well enough I must say although it would've been nice if Konami had optimised it to use the analogue sticks.

Agreed, incredible game, MGS2 isn't far behind either. MGS3 was also great, the proceeding games were 'meh'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Civ V

Problem is that Steam insists on telling me how many hours I've spent playing it.

Cruel. I also have that gene where days go missing if I get into a game. It's why I stay away. I'm about to get Fallout 3 back from a mate cuz I wanna try it out in Win7 where I expect it will fly like the wind. There goes the next X weekends where X > 20. :P

Secret of Mana, SNES

Super Mario 64, N64

Red Dead Redemption, Multi

Civilization II, Multi

Desert Strike, Mega Drive

Grand Theft Auto III, PS2

Those be the games I pick.

Secret of Mana on the SNES is in my top 5 games of all time. The wolf howling over the Squaresoft logo is still awesome.

Top 5, not in order, for me are...

Secret of Mana

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Half-Life 2

Final Fantasy 7-9 (Can't separate them)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Notable mentions go to Far Cry 3, Day of the Tentacle, Resident Evil (GC Remake), Arkham Asylum, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and Zelda - Link To The Past.

Too many great games. So difficult to choose...

Â