Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

^^^ I've heard plenty of people say the same.

I disagree, but Wind Waker is superb so it's completely understandable.

Wind Waker looks better, but for me the travelling system was just a bit too vast and boring at times and that took away from the game a little bit.

It's a briliant game though. And again, the fact that I played OoT first and have such a high opinion of it could well make me lean towards OoT.

Edited by Stevo985

Streets of Rage, Shinobi, and Golden Axe (Mega Drive multi-game)
PES 5
Tomb Raider 2
Metal Gear Solid
FF7
Monkey Island (because it was the first game I ever played back on the Amiga 500)

and although I don't play it anymore WoW has to get a mention as it's probably the game I've put the most amount of time into.

MM was decent but wasn't up to the standards of other Zelda games. Still excellent, but not to the same extent.

A big criticism for me was getting some of the masks was extremely complicated and relied on blind luck sometimes.

Hmm never played it but I have er.... acquired a ROM for it and will fire it up after I've finished with OoT. All of the reviews seem decent - with many rating it higher than OoT.... will investigate.

This is my first ever post in this section of the site. My favourite games of all time are both on the super nintendo. Or the snes as some people used to call it. Donkey kong country and mariokart.

Majoras Mask is a brilliant game, OoT's wacky younger brother in many ways. It isn't the masterpiece that OoT was, but a very worthy game all the same. The core time mechanic is pretty unique in the series and the whole game is shrouded in this bizarre 'end times' atmosphere.

I freaking loved Majora's Mask, brilliant game and is up there with OoT for me, but OoT just clinches it.

Windwaker is great, but not better than OoT, OoT just holds a special place in my heart and I don't think it will ever be replaced purely for that reason.

World of Warcraft is the best game of all time for me. It just keeps on going and the recent expansion has given the game life again. Not to mention the fact that the recent patch (5.2) has been good fun so far, with more raid bosses still to open in the next couple of weeks.

Windwaker is the best game ever, so by definition is the best Zelda game ever as well.  Although Ocarina runs it incredibly close.  Ocarina loses out for the water temple level though, which was like Heston Blumenthal giving you an amazing 6 course 3 Michelin star taster menu, then giving you a turd on a plate for dessert.  That level is just about the worst gaming experience of my life.

Â