Alan Hutton

Rich_D

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jogging back for the second as per usual but still got the usual " at least Alan's shown some heart today" plaudits from around me.

Get to ****.

Exactly.

He pulled the same move as Taylor did last week.

7 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Comfortably the worst right back I've ever seen in a Villa shirt.......and this is his 8th season with us. He'll be due a testimonial soon.

Alan Hutton getting a testimonial would be a perfect illustration of what has gone wrong at our club. 

Happily I don't think that will happen. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was amongst our better players today - he had a decent first half and started the second one okay - he drifted out of it for the last twenty minutes and was too often stranded on the halfway line toward the end. He's okay at this level and for where we are - but we need a younger player with the energy to get up and down the park for ninety minutes - he deserves his place right now, but we're coming to the end.

Agree with you on this. He's nothing special but for the most part he's solid, you know that on occasion he will be out of position but you just have to accept that.

I understand why he brought him in for Bree (although I don't know if he was injured), currently with a frail back 4 and a poor midfield it's a brutal initiation for Bree and Elphick is having to help coach him through games. Once we have a settled defence and midfield I expect Bree to come in and make the right back position his own, currently it would be detrimental to his confidence to play him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was amongst our better players today - he had a decent first half and started the second one okay - he drifted out of it for the last twenty minutes and was too often stranded on the halfway line toward the end. He's okay at this level and for where we are - but we need a younger player with the energy to get up and down the park for ninety minutes - he deserves his place right now, but we're coming to the end.

Definitely where I'm at OBE.

As mentioned by many he is a professional who tries. At 35 I am not sure what people are expecting of him at this level. You would think we had him for the next 5 years, not 5 months going by some of the shit said about him by many of our fans and I don't just mean on this forum.

He is our best RB and LB ahead of the other combined 5 on our books.

Hutton%20profile%2018-19.ashx?as=0&h=128

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He tries so hard, except when people are running beyond him or the ball is in behind, or someone makes a one two and runs off him, at which point " Ah **** it."

...but he will run 80 yards forward and make a big show of it for no reason and completely leaving us exposed because "ALAN CARES!!"

Good analysis.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

That isn’t what I said, I said if we had more players like Hutton we would be struggling because he is shite. Because I think he is shite.

As for his supposed qualities of being determined and hard working, no not particularly. He can frequently be seen jogging back and for someone supposedly really determined he rarely seems capable of marking someone.

People cling to this notion he is hard working as some sort of defence against the entirely justified accusation that he is shite. It seems to be entirely based upon the fact he piles forward at every given opportunity and now and again he puts in a heavy tackle.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I don’t care how determined he is, I dispute the notion that he is particularly hard working. I do think he is a good professional though sadly he just isn’t very good at football.

I think you are right about the overall....not good enough, mainly positionally bankrupt, gets turned easily, at least he heads the ball, another rare feature, from most of them, but very iffy at reading the game too.

The problem is hard work, determination, intensity and urgency and an appetite for physical combat are as rare as rocking horse poo.....so when fans see a glimpse of it.....it is revered.....opposed to being a pre- requisite.

No disrespect, but John McGinn has epitomised how the fan base is so desperate for players to get stuck in.....its like a rare species.

No wonder fans are confused with their opinions with players like Hutton.

but you are right, not good enough......The fact he has been here so long shows the flawed ambition of the club.....throw Gabby in as well for good measure.....how long that procrastinated for was a joke.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As mentioned by many he is a professional who tries. At 35 I am not sure what people are expecting of him at this level. You would think we had him for the next 5 years, not 5 months going by some of the shit said about him by many of our fans and I don't just mean on this forum.

I can’t quite work out if you are serious or not. 

He seems to get an easy ride from fans because sometimes he overlaps the wingers and scored a cracker against Blues. 

Technically speaking he is one of the worst players  I have ever seen at the club. And always has a big mistake in him. I’ve lost count of the amount of goals he’s given away  

I’d be happy to see Bree at RB for the rest of the season. 

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The fact that he’s our best fullback is all you need to know about our defensive woes. 

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I can’t quite work out if you are serious or not. 

Read the last 20 pages mate. You will know I am serious.

He gets equally an easy ride as much as he does cristism. He is a marmite player it would appear, just scapegoated more than the rest of our equally shit defence.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The fact that he’s our best fullback is all you need to know about our defensive woes. 

Yep. We need a completely new team.

I think come June work will begin on the construction of this, what type of team will get built depends on what league we will be playing in.

All the energy he uses and his obvious desire to get forward to the opposition's corner flag, can't disguise his regular match by match defending mishaps that lead us to concede goals regularly.

His contribution to 'goals scored' is enormously out weighed by his contribution to 'goals against' us!

He is a flawed but willing and cavalier attacker, and an unwilling and positionally useless defender.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Read the last 20 pages mate. You will know I am serious.

He gets equally an easy ride as much as he does cristism. He is a marmite player it would appear, just scapegoated more than the rest of our equally shit defence.

Scapegoated? That’s as laughable as his positioning.

Â