Alan Hutton

Rich_D

39 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Determined and hard work I’d say are two

If some of our other players had such qualities we might be a little higher up the table. I’m sure you agree.

No. If we had more players like Hutton we would be in the bottom three, he is shite.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No. If we had more players like Hutton we would be in the bottom three, he is shite.

You don’t think determination and hard working are the qualities on Alan Hutton?

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That isn’t what I said, I said if we had more players like Hutton we would be struggling because he is shite. Because I think he is shite.

As for his supposed qualities of being determined and hard working, no not particularly. He can frequently be seen jogging back and for someone supposedly really determined he rarely seems capable of marking someone.

People cling to this notion he is hard working as some sort of defence against the entirely justified accusation that he is shite. It seems to be entirely based upon the fact he piles forward at every given opportunity and now and again he puts in a heavy tackle.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I don’t care how determined he is, I dispute the notion that he is particularly hard working. I do think he is a good professional though sadly he just isn’t very good at football.

And that is why he is at Villa mate. We are his level. I’d very much say that home is a mid table championship player.

Yes I know we have a desire to be promoted, but so do a host of other teams in this league. There are plenty of other footballers at Villa 'who just aren’t very good at football' who also give less of a shit as Hutton does.

• Like 1

Always gives so much space to his opponent, makes me so nervous when he is so narrow and you see his man in acres just waiting to be picked out.

Didn't think he was awful today though. Lovely misshit cross which is so Hutton and offered support without getting fatally caught out which was a nice surprise.

My expectations right now could not get much lower.

Edited by Avcol

Just now, Killeen30 said:

And that is why he is at Villa mate. We are his level. I’d very much say that home is a mid table championship player.

Yes I know we have a desire to be promoted, but so do a host of other teams in this league. There are plenty of other footballers at Villa 'who just aren’t very good at football' who also give less of a shit as Hutton does.

I don’t even think he is that.

But the point is we want to be better, well we won’t be while we have players like him. The fact some herald him as some sort of hero is frankly embarrassing.

I don’t really care if other players careless than Hutton. What I care about is us trying to progress as a team, about us having players that are capable of doing the job they are employed and sent onto the pitch to do.

Hutton is shite. Week in week out, utter shite. Granted he isn’t the only one but for some reason he has this charmed existence with some who defend and even champion him because of these mythical qualities they believe he has.

I will wish him well when he finally moves on but it really can’t come soon enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t even think he is that.

But the point is we want to be better, well we won’t be while we have players like him. The fact some herald him as some sort of hero is frankly embarrassing.

I don’t really care if other players careless than Hutton. What I care about is us trying to progress as a team, about us having players that are capable of doing the job they are employed and sent onto the pitch to do.

Hutton is shite. Week in week out, utter shite. Granted he isn’t the only one but for some reason he has this charmed existence with some who defend and even champion him because of these mythical qualities they believe he has.

I will wish him well when he finally moves on but it really can’t come soon enough.

Come on now that’s a lie! He’s had a couple of good games haha!

I'm not calling him the Scottish Cafu, far from it. He’s just not alone. Yes we need better players than the likes of most we currently have but supporters will always defend players who graft over ones who don’t.

He is a cult hero to some because of his connection and love for the club. 

Come on now that’s a lie! He’s had a couple of good games haha!

I'm not calling him the Scottish Cafu, far from it. He’s just not alone. Yes we need better players than the likes of most we currently have but supporters will always defend players who graft over ones who don’t.

He is a cult hero to some because of his connection and love for the club. 

Maybe 2 in 7 seasons. Maybe.

Frankly I can’t actually say what so think of those who see him as a cult hero.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Maybe 2 in 7 seasons. Maybe.

Frankly I can’t actually say what so think of those who see him as a cult hero.

Personally I don’t see him as a cult hero but there are those than do, but what I do like about him is he was bombed out twice by us and he’s still here fighting for the cause.

Personally I don’t see him as a cult hero but there are those than do, but what I do like about him is he was bombed out twice by us and he’s still here fighting for the cause.

As I said, he is professional. That’s all I can say for him.

I said after the Blues match to give him a new contract and was correctly called out. 

He was a complete disgrace today for their second goal.  Just let their player waltz away from him instead of tracking the run which resulted in a free cross for the goalscorer. 

• Like 2

I thought he was amongst our better players today - he had a decent first half and started the second one okay - he drifted out of it for the last twenty minutes and was too often stranded on the halfway line toward the end. He's okay at this level and for where we are - but we need a younger player with the energy to get up and down the park for ninety minutes - he deserves his place right now, but we're coming to the end.

• Thanks 1

Â