Alan Hutton

Rich_D

would i not be correct in saying he is not in our 25 man squad , so can't play anyway , or do i have this wrong

I would say you are right, I wonder if Nzogbia is in the 25 man squad too??

would i not be correct in saying he is not in our 25 man squad , so can't play anyway , or do i have this wrong

I would say you are right, I wonder if Nzogbia is in the 25 man squad too??

IIRK Zog is, as is Given.

It seems that no, he wasn't listed in the official squad when they were posted back in September:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/sep/premier-league-squad-lists-201314.html

Changes could be made in the transfer window in January, so I assume he could have been added although probably wasn't.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-alan-hutton-wont-3166643

Awful times ahead for him i guess.

The £40,000-a-week full-back gets picked by Scotland but trains with his club's youth team after failing to secure a loan move away from cost-cutting Villans

Neville WilliamsAston-Villa-Training-818648.jpg
Finished: The only Villa kit Hutton wears these days is the training version

Paul Lambert has told Alan Hutton his Aston Villa career is OVER because of his mega-wages.

Right-back Hutton has been forced to train with the Villans' youth team all season with no club taking him on loan.

He has been included in Scotland's squad for next month's friendly in Poland, despite not playing a competitive club game all season.

Hutton is understood to earn £40,000 a week and is still contracted until next summer.

Lambert has ditched a series of players including big-earners Darren Bent and Shay Given - but he is adamant he has not had a bust-up with Hutton.

He said: "There's never been any fall-out, I just want to help him to get a loan move. It will be unlikely he will ever play here - he knows that.

"We need to get the [wage] structure down to a level. We have to look at the books and get it down a bit and Alan understands.

"Is it all to do with money? More or less, yes. Do we settle up with him? No, I'm not so sure, that comes down to the hierarchy.

Michael ReganAston-Villa-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-
'Anyone need a right-back?' Lambert wants to loan Hutton out but can't find any takers  

"Alan trains away with the development squad, his fitness is not a problem. And his performances for the national team have been good.

"The thing I can't understand is why no-one has come in for him. It's baffling me because he's playing well for the national side, he is good and works hard in training.

"If Alan went on loan, we would help that club on the financial side of things."

Is Alan Hutton better than YOUR right-back?

Hutton was loaned out to Spain's Real Mallorca for the second half of last season, and MirrorFootball reported in September that three Spanish clubs had looked at borrowing him in the summer window but could not agree terms.

He was also loaned to Nottingham Forest for six weeks in November 2012.

So far this season, his only six appearances have been for Scotland - in World Cup qualifiers against Belgium, Macedonia and Croatia and friendy meetings with England, the USA and Norway.

The 29-year-old was signed by Villa in August 2011, and made his last first-team appearance for them at the end of that season.

Villa - only four points above the relegation places with 12 matches to play - have been away on a training trip to Portugal as they did not have a match last weekend, and Lambert reckons it's done his squad good...

So confirming what we already knew anyway? He probably has thousands in appearance fees and hes shite anyway so is anyone really bothered?

I doubt very much he is being paid thousands in appearance fees. Had he have been he would be really kicking up a fuss as being bombed out would be costing him a fortune.

I personally have nothing against the bloke. He is certainly over paid but the club gave him that contract. In terms of ability he is no worse than many players in our squad who are currently getting game time but out of their depth. The only difference is he is being paid twice to three times as much as them. Lambert in this interview seems to be admitting as much.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

So confirming what we already knew anyway? He probably has thousands in appearance fees and hes shite anyway so is anyone really bothered?

I doubt very much he is being paid thousands in appearance fees. Had he have been he would be really kicking up a fuss as being bombed out would be costing him a fortune.

I personally have nothing against the bloke. He is certainly over paid but the club gave him that contract. In terms of ability he is no worse than many players in our squad who are currently getting game time but out of their depth. The only difference is he is being paid twice to three times as much as them. Lambert in this interview seems to be admitting as much.

He is still being paid a fortune for doing naff all, he would only kick up a fuss if he actually wanted a move away.

I'm sure his agent could make something happen but would he be prepared to lower his demands? So far it seems not and who can blame him.

£40,000 a week is excessive for such an average player. McLeish gave him a 4-year-contract and Given a 5-year-deal. In retrospect, shocking business from the club.

but I ask you the question ?:

is it too much wages to pay or is it the low quality the player gives, for that money....thats the problem.

I think £ 40,000 per week is something Aston Villa should be able to afford.....I also think we should be getting much better value from those £ 40,000 per week players, in order for them to pay their way. i.e cup competitions.

I think we are shutting the gate after the horse is gone...... we have had to lower the wage bill, because the players bought were not commensurate in quality with their wages....but that is the buyer of the player's poor judgement.

In Future,we will lower the wages to fit the player we want to buy.......and at that rate we will be in the championship.

we are simply barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 1

Must say I don't see the problem, or at least not in relation to what Lambert/the club are now doing.

Lambert inherits average player on above-average wages, while told to reduce wage bill.  Does whatever is necessary to make said player leave the club, while replacing him with cheaper and better players.

The problems which I see are the stupid wages paid in the game, and the decision by the Chairman and CE to agree a contract for this player at that price.  Unpicking those wider factors is not within Lambert's powers, though it sometimes seems like he's been told to subvert the wage structure of the whole of football, not just here.

Yes, it's galling that someone like Hutton picks up stupid money for doing **** all.  But it's not his fault (though he would have been a more than willing participant in this theft from fans), nor especially anyone at the club.  They were just obeying "market forces".  If anyone if to blame, it's that grasping scumbag Rupert.

Â