Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Dont understand why Clark can not play left back this season ship out Warnock and his 40k a week wages. I reckon King Kenny would take him as well for about £3/4mil. Cunningham at city would definitely be a better shout than playing Delph there. Also who are the up and coming left back prospects that you speak of Richard? Surely Baker would be better off going out and playing in his preferred/better position than sticking around here getting very little game time?

Redknapp plans to use Walker at Spurs this season

Good! A few defensive lapses, Redknap will realise his press are getting all twitchy and he will be back on the bench in favour of one of the other 19 right backs.

Then he will be ours next summer!

Dont understand why Clark can not play left back this season ship out Warnock and his 40k a week wages. I reckon King Kenny would take him as well for about £3/4mil.

As much as id like to make an example of Warnock for his attitude over te last 18 months, the fact remains that on form he is actually a pretty good full back.

He is easily the best option we have at our disposal, and for the teams chances (and obviously failing a quality late addition to the squad) Id be dissapointed if he did not start.

Enrique is available for about £5 million.

Really? Where did you see this?

He has rejected a New contract and upset the Newcastle board, the North East press reckon he will definately be sold after this latest episode.

Hutton not for me by the way.

Enrique is available for about £5 million.

Really? Where did you see this?

He has rejected a New contract and upset the Newcastle board, the North East press reckon he will definately be sold after this latest episode.

Hutton not for me by the way.

The last i heard he was Liverpool bound, but id love him at Villa. Hutton is nothing better than we have, Enrique is!

Really dont see that another full back at the club is a priority especially as we are trying to trim the wage bill and the transfer fee should be used on a DM

Why take a prospect from another club when we have prospects at this club?

Because we would be getting a useful – albeit inexperienced – addition to our squad in a position in which we lack cover.

If we tie in a fixed transfer fee then we are in a win-win situation. If he doesn’t make it we he goes back to City if he does we have already agreed an acceptable fee.

You must also take into account that’s its City we are dealing with. Their squad is huge and its unlikely players like Cunningham will get a look in even in Carling Cup games.

Hutton would make a passable winger aswell as being backup or a potential starter @ RB. That makes him even more useful for those of us thinking we might be one winger short.

Hutton would make a passable winger aswell as being backup or a potential starter @ RB. That makes him even more useful for those of us thinking we might be one winger short.

Id hate us to sign someone who will be an automatic backup, we have gone down that route before and almost ended up in trouble. We have people who can cover these positions already at the club.

Signings should only be made to improve the first team, and he will not IMO!

Thats never really been that viable a path to follow, sometimes you have to buy supporting players, back ups, whatever, just to flesh out a squad when it's not feasible to purchase someone better.

For what it's worth, however, I wouldn't buy Hutton either. Not because he's not good enough to slot in first choice at RB. Because he's Not Very Good.

That aint a bad shout BOF. Hes certainly better going forward than he is at defending. Maybe this is McLeishs' thinking aswell. Would sort of kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Id hate us to sign someone who will be an automatic backup, we have gone down that route before and almost ended up in trouble. We have people who can cover these positions already at the club.

like who? beye who is crap, lichaj looks good one week mediocre, and carlos looks off leaving only l young who is abit injury prone.

we do need another rb i believe

I don’t think Hutton has much more to offer than Luke Young when you consider Spurs would be looking for £4-5 Million.

Attacking wise he is decent and can deliver some lovely crosses. However he tends to loose the ball in possession, loose his man, panic tackle and most shockingly of all for a full back tends not to get the block in on crosses.

Saying that both of them are on free next year so maybe we can just sit and wait and replace one for the other with no fee involved in a year’s time!

I don't actually believe he would be a backup. I think he is definitely a potential starter. I just think that he could also move forward in the event of a winger issue with Young slotting in at RB or moving over from LB. Depending on injury etc. Hutton is much better than being an automatic backup.

I don’t think Hutton has much more to offer than Luke Young when you consider Spurs would be looking for £4-5 Million.

They're looking for that because they have Corluka, they now have Walker and they still have Naughton on their books. They probably have others who can do a job there too.

Â