Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't be as cynical as that, but I agree we shouldn't be renewing his contract.

I'm glad he's performing well, but with De Laet hopefully recovering by the summer and Bree in for "the future" I think it's time for Hutton to go.

I dunno, I'd get very used to £20k after tax hitting my bank account every week, the prospect of that halving or even disappearing for a few months would give me a real boost to do something about it. Don't blame him as such, happens all the time, but deffo a contributing factor to his semi-renaissance IMHCO

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well I have to say it is surely a coincidence that he hits some form juuuuust as his contract looks like expiring. And when I say form, he still can't pass any further than 5 yds. Glad he will get a positive send-off but please do not give him a new contract, he will go missing again for the next 3.5 years. 

I think it's cynical in the sense that a bloke that gives 100% every week doesn't miraculously have good performances 4 months before his contract is up. That tends to be lazy players with good ability. Hutton's limited, we all know that, but his effort isn't.

I don't think I'd give him a new deal though. De Laet and Bree should be enough.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd definitely offer him a 1 year extension to prove himself next year, who knows what state RDL will come back in. 

Sweet Jesus. He's already proved himself to be absolutley rubbish & one of the worst players we've ever had and you want to give him one more year? We bought two right backs to replace him this season for a reason.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd definitely offer him a 1 year extension to prove himself next year, who knows what state RDL will come back in. 

im inclined to agree, yes we know he has limited ability but his attitude is better than most of the squad and tbh I don't see RDL being anywhere close to decent for us for a long time. 

We are bottom half of the Championship and Hutton has found his level. We as a club are better than that and him. He doesn't do anything that you wouldn't expect of a player of thus level. We want more though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sweet Jesus. He's already proved himself to be absolutley rubbish & one of the worst players we've ever had and you want to give him one more year? We bought two right backs to replace him this season for a reason.

DERP WORST PLAYER EVER DERP DERP

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We are bottom half of the Championship and Hutton has found his level. We as a club are better than that and him. He doesn't do anything that you wouldn't expect of a player of thus level. We want more though. 

No. We want to be better than where we are, but we have to get to the next level which seems to be causing more teeth gnashing, money and trouble than we thought so we might as use him. Offer him a new contract? No, because he’s on a massive whack knowing Villa and that money could be used better elsewhere. But I am not going to cut my nose to spite my face at the moment.

Edited by PauloBarnesi

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

For what it's worth, I think he's terrible too.

However, we have no idea what RDL will come back like (look at Amavi) and we have no idea how good/bad Bree actually is. 

A year extension and a view as a squad player wouldn't be a bad deal for us or Hutton imo. 

3 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Hutton has been brilliant lately, he keeps this up and he definitely deserves a 1 year extension. He's becoming a bit of a cult hero in the Holte End.

3 games never made a summer.  i'll just remember him for his performances over the past 5 years.  No footballing ability what so ever.  Its a big test for this club to see how they have learned from Lerners reign.

• Like 2

Its great to hear he played well last night. A player turning from poor to good form is better news than a new signing, in my opinion. At 32 though, anything more than a one year contract would be madness.

I'm shocked so many people are even considering that a 1 year deal for him would be a good idea. Does two half decent performances in a row somehow make everyone forget the six years of appalling play that preceded them? We are 15th in the championship because we have had players of the standard of Alan Hutton in the team for far, far too long. The sooner we get rid of him, and players of his ilk, the better.

But he's 32 and runs forward alot* so lets give him a new deal. 

(*he's not quite so good at running back into his defensive position) . 

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I love him and I'm getting his name on my shirt. A bit shit but really tries, which is how I play football. He's my soulmate. 

I love him too mayn!! Fluck the haters :wub:

• Like 1

One one would hope that in the Team we mean, and need, to become, Huttons stand out (only ?) quality of determination would be a given for all players, rather than looking special.

He would then need his place on ability, which isn't there.

45 minutes ago, supermon said:

I love him too mayn!! Fluck the haters :wub:

If/when he does go he deserves a proper send off.

You can't win on VT.

They slate players for "not caring", being "unprofessional" and having no "loyalty".

Yet they will find a multitude of excuses for players who genuinely don't give a toss if they have scored goals, or shown glimpses of quality.

Goes to show in the end no one actually gives a f*ck about any of the "caring", "effort" , or "loyalty".

Would rather be with the sexy slapper who is akin to the village bike. As a pose to the slightly chubby, pretty woman who loves and takes care of you.

Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Â