Alan Hutton

Rich_D

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning, I really don't. I have no idea how he continues to find the motivation knowing just how truly woeful he is. I would struggle to go on tbh.

I’d imagine that he drowsily rubs his eyes, takes a moment to focus on his lavish surroundings, and then proceeds to p*** himself laughing for the next half an hour.

Seriously though I’ve got nothing against Hutton, its Villa and football in general that I’m annoyed at for allowing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Not   many who go to games are fans of Hutton - yes he puts in the effort but if far too often caught out of position and his final ball when he does get forward is invariably poor.

I don't think he's that bad at all.

His final ball going forward is generally poor, but he probably receives the ball in that sort of position more than any other player because he actually moves off the ball.

I'm not even sure he gets wildly caught out of position as much as people make out.  Sure, it happens (he's not a great full back after all), but I can't remember too many goals coming from that side of our defence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't think he's that bad at all.

His final ball going forward is generally poor, but he probably receives the ball in that sort of position more than any other player because he actually moves off the ball.

I'm not even sure he gets wildly caught out of position as much as people make out.  Sure, it happens (he's not a great full back after all), but I can't remember too many goals coming from that side of our defence.

Completely agreed.

He has his bad games, because he's not a great player. But he doesn't often make big errors, he's certainly not caught out as much as people on here make out and he's committed. It doesn't help that Adomah is woeful in his own half. Take the Brentford game for example, When the winger and full back have the ball down that side, Hutton tracks the man that moves forward and motions Adomah to take the man that goes inside. Adomah doesn't do it because he's not got a clue off the ball and they have a diagonal run across out defence, which forces Hutton to tuck in, which then gives an outlet down the wing. This happened a number of times and there's literally nothing Hutton can do about it. You defend as a pair in that situation and Adomah just wasn't doing it.

He's been the best full back at the club this season. Cissokho was poor, Amavi is awful, RDL/Bree haven't had any time to say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd imagine he jumps out of bed and runs full pelt into his bathroom, only then the problems start as he forgets why he made the effort to get there in the first place.

He then takes a piss, aiming at the toilet but spraying all over Mrs Hutton's towels.

Then he turns around, ambles back towards the bed at about 1/4 of the pace, looking a little confused as rather than finding his way back to his bed he ends up in the garden.

• Like 2

My brother thought he played terribly last game but I thought he was okay. Though nobody really played well.

But was it me or did neither full back venture forward that much? Hutton is usually cruising up and down scrambling to be part of play but not in the last game.
Tactics? Or maybe because I saw it on tv I didn't see enough of the game?

He needs replacing but only because he's definitely on downslope of this career, he's still an adequate player....or am I going mad lol

10 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

My brother thought he played terribly last game but I thought he was okay. Though nobody really played well.

But was it me or did neither full back venture forward that much? Hutton is usually cruising up and down scrambling to be part of play but not in the last game.
Tactics? Or maybe because I saw it on tv I didn't see enough of the game?

I went mate and believe me, you had a better view on TV than you did at the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He got taken off because for all his effořt, he is shit and never going to produce anything....and I applaud his effort and attitude today. Still shit.

by the sounds of it on that basis we could have took off 8 or 9 players tonight :P 

Plenty of effort tonight. Still gifts them a goal and runs completely the wrong way to cover the middle when they're attacking down the right. One of his better games but reverted to type the longer it went on. I think he was subbed off because Bruce wasn't happy about his rushed attempted clearance that went straight to their player who scored directly from it.

Â