Alan Hutton

Rich_D

As for Hutton, during the McLeish era, he always looked like a red card about to happen.

He has definitely improved during his loan spells away. He earned his move to Spurs, but perhaps that big move went to his head, whatever, he suffered a big dip in form, and has now recovered his form, so I really admire him for that.

Hutton has obviously been bitten by some kind of rabbid animal. 

I cannot remember a player being so god awful to putting in regularly decent performances. 

I can only assume he got bitten by some feral beast whilst on loan in Spain....

That's because in reality he never was. Just got associated with the whole McLeish hating thing. I really don't recall him standing out as particularly poor that season, in fact he probably played OK through a lot of very poor team performances.

He was awful.

Yes it's probably been exaggerated retrospectively. But let's not start pretending he was good enough during his first spell.

• Like 2

I agree. Yes he's been brilliant this season but he really was pretty poor in his first season. I'd like to know what changed between now and then.

Exactly, he was pretty bad first season. Got some flak, shipped off to Spain for a bit and now he's our best fullback.

Not only, has his game improved no end, his attitude to the treatment he received by the club was exemplary....top pro

not without errors, who is? but playing such  a rounded game at present.

topman.

ps think Gordon Strachan was championing him when he was out of favour with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I agree. Yes he's been brilliant this season but he really was pretty poor in his first season. I'd like to know what changed between now and then.

He wasnt the only one that was bad that season

yet he did save us from relegation vs West Brom from what I remember ;)

I want an Alan Hutton statue now

He wasnt the only one that was bad that season

I agree, but then again nobody is saying that it was only Hutton who was bad.

Thank god we didn't sell him to West Brom in the summer when they came in for him... I remember a lot of fans including myself were desperate for him to go, what a turn around! Fair play to him. My choice for captain next year when Vlaar leaves

I think he will only be the second player after the sale of Benteke that we will actually make a decent profit on.

Guzan

Baker

Okore

Clark

Cissokho

Westwood

Grealish

Wiemann

Break even on

Bacuna

Lowton

Jury's out on