Alan Hutton

Rich_D

West Ham are probably stupid enough to throw enough cash at him to get him out. Hope we don't have to give him any pay-off. Epitomises the McLeish era. Hopefully that will close the door on it, but the Zog doesn't look like PL's cup of tea in my opinion.

Id like to know why McLeish was given the same remit as Lambert, to lower the wage will, and then allowed to give the likes of hutton/zog/given all 4 year contracts on 40/50k a week.

West Ham are probably stupid enough to throw enough cash at him to get him out. Hope we don't have to give him any pay-off. Epitomises the McLeish era. Hopefully that will close the door on it, but the Zog doesn't look like PL's cup of tea in my opinion.

Id like to know why McLeish was given the same remit as Lambert, to lower the wage will, and then allowed to give the likes of hutton/zog/given all 4 year contracts on 40/50k a week.

I reckon the lack of any coherent plan for building a squad (from either a financial or footballing perspective) was as much the problem with McLeish as his wretched football and results. Reckon Lerner came up with the strip everything back to bare minimum and go again plan after he sacked McLeish.

Even though Lambert's results are similar to McLeish's, I'm convinced we're on an upward curve, whereas with McLeish we were just flat-lining.

Bye   :wave:   Dont let the door bang your big 'ol fat arse on the way out.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert cools on move for Norwich's unsettled midfielder Wes Hoolahan

Nowrich's refusal to sell scuppers any potential deal despite player putting in a written transfer request

John Percy By John Percy10:30PM GMT 23 Jan 2014

Paul Lambert is ready to abandon his bid to sign Wes Hoolahan, which could leave the frustrated midfielder marooned at Norwich City.

Lambert, the Aston Villa manager, has had a £1million offer rejected by his former club and Hoolahan himself has attempted to push the move through by handing in a written transfer request.

Hoolahan is keen to team up with Lambert again and was hoping that Villa would return with an improved bid.

But Norwich’s reluctance to do business with Villa is threatening to thwart a potential deal and Lambert is now considering switching his attention to other targets.

Villa have been told Hoolahan is not for sale and Lambert fears that the club would be effectively bidding against themselves as there appears to be no competition for the 

Meanwhile, Alan Hutton is facing an anxious wait to discover if he can bring his struggles at Villa Park to an end.

The Scotland international is the only remaining member of Lambert’s ‘Bomb Squad’ of players he has sidelined and Villa are keen to shift his £30,000-a-week salary to free up funds for new signings.

The 29-year-old has not mad a single appearance under Lambert and is understood to be training with the development squad, but Villa have received no firm offers.

Hutton impressed on loan at Real Majorca last year, yet has made more appearances for Scotland this season than at club level.

Lambert is prepared to let him leave either on loan or permanently.

Telegraph

Linked with a move to Blackpool in Daily Mail. Going to play with his mate Ferguson show be a draw.

Doubt they'll pay all his wage mind.

I'm not a link master but here's a bit of copy and paste

An announcement on Ferguson's future is expected before Saturday's clash against Doncaster Rovers and he has identified Kris Boyd, Alan Hutton and David Goodwillie as three who will give his depleted squad a much-needed lift.

The Seasiders have struggled with injuries and suspensions, with Ince having operated without a recognised right-back for the entire season.

That makes Aston Villa defender Hutton a potentially important capture, and he is a player Ferguson knows well.

The pair were in the same Rangers team for three years, as was Boyd. Hutton has found game time at Villa Park difficult to come by and hasn't played a single match under Paul Lambert.

According to Gordon Strachan he is playing really well for him....never been a fan myself.

guess the wages are the biggest issue and we just want these over inflated wages v average performance players out of our hair.

I think its more to do with that.

Could have done a job for us, I think it was more personal towards Hutton. What pisses me off is, Lambert is never gonna sell any players rotting in the bomb squad. Would have been sold by now if he had played a couple of games. Dont rate him but no worst than what we had at the start of Lamberts reign.

Â