Alan Hutton

Rich_D

OS

Villa can confirm that Alan Hutton and Jermaine Jenas are currently undergoing medicals.

If the deals are completed, right-back Hutton would join permanently while the move for midfielder Jenas would be a season-long loan.

We will update supporters again as soon as we have further news.

you meant phil bardsley surely, david bardsley was a very good full back

I don't know!! You make one, very small mistake, hardly noticable, and every **** on here picks holes in your argument!! :lol:

Profound apologies, yes, of course I meant Phil (I think!!) :D

Just goes further to emphasise my point that he was instantly forgettable :winkold:

I don't really understand why Villa fans are suddenly thinking McLeish is rubbish at signing players.

He bought Dann & Johnson off Coventry & Cardiff respectively and turned them into really good PL centre backs..

He's now bought Hutton in who he obviously knows well and rates as he's let Luke Young go to QPR ......Villa fans

have decided it's a bad decision.

He got Stephen Carr playing his best football surely.

He also got Gardner to score 10 goals for SHA and turned him into a far better midfielder.

Now he's signed Jenas and we have absolutely no faith that McLeish can get him playing well and scoring goals.

Well I cant say I think Hutton is anything more than a steady player but just heard on SSN if we miss out on his then we'll look to Danny Simpson... F*ck me!

Pls Hutton sign for the villa...

Julie, have a glass of wine, calm down, and look again at what you have written - Carr? Gardner? WTF this is ASTON VILLA!!!!

I don't think anyone would be complaining if we'd signed Dann or Johnson in this transfer window!!

Gardner came from Villa... he went to SHA... are you saying that McLeish didn't turn him into a better midfielder by actually

playing him regularly and instilling some confidence in him?

I don't really understand why Villa fans are suddenly thinking McLeish is rubbish at signing players.

He bought Dann & Johnson off Coventry & Cardiff respectively and turned them into really good PL centre backs..

He's now bought Hutton in who he obviously knows well and rates as he's let Luke Young go to QPR ......Villa fans

He also got Gardner to score 10 goals for SHA and turned him into a far better midfielder.

Now he's signed Jenas and we have absolutely no faith that McLeish can get him playing well and scoring goals.

Hutton and Jenas bought! Are those done deals then?

According to the TV we have yet to sign anybody, Julie. I don't rate Jenas but I do rate Hutton. Trouble for me is, we played Walker last season and he is now their first choice, which leaves us with a Spurs 2nd/3rd choice right back as our first choice!

Pardon me for the presumption, however it appears that Alan Hutton has been at Villa for the last four hours and it was hardly a two horse

race with Fulham it was made out to be.... I should have said presuming we sign... Hutton & Jenas...

We needed a replacement for Young - We've got one (if he's signed) and what's more he's 4 years younger and he can pay LB & RB adequately.

If McLeish can get Jenas (if we sort the loan deal out) back to his best, then we could have a decent player on our hands. Mr N'Zogbia seems rather chuffed he's coming

anyhow.

Â