Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I really don't understand what Mcleish saw in him... Is it weird for me to think it's only because he's Scottish?

could say the same about Spurs they paid over double what we did. Didnt he have a decent loan spell at Sunderland and I remember in his last season there I saw him have a game for Spurs which he changed when coming on, think was vs Wolves

It will be a strange situation if we go through next season with none of them gone...

I said at the start of the summer when people are saying just get rid and be done that its not that simple.

They are all on wages worth more than they are, they maybe footballers but they're not that stupid.

It will be slightly strange if none of them go. The difference between this and last season is that this season they've been given squad numbers that almost ostracise them from the group. Last season they were at least involved, particularly Bannan & Bent. Given this summer's transfer activity they'll be in no doubt that they're not wanted. Not that they'll care. Probably occupy themselves with money fights and the like.

I will be surprised if Bent is still here in September. He can do a job for someone.

Someone will probably take a punt on Hutton and Bannan in the next few weeks as well.

Ireland however will not be leaving until is huge contract runs out and he's forced to find a new employer.

Edited by LondonLax

I really don't understand what Mcleish saw in him... Is it weird for me to think it's only because he's Scottish?

He still had a reputation as being alright when he was at Spurs.

Spurs bought him as a pretty highly rated fullback. 

I think it was a reasonable assumption to make hat he might just not be fiting in at Spurs and a fresh start would get him back to how he used to be.

It was wrong, obviously. And you'd never get those assumptions made under Lambert (at least I get the impression you wouldn't), but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Doesn't make it any less of a shit signing.

Just watching a La Liga recap, Hutton was crying when Mallorca got relegated. I thought that was kind of surprising, especially since he was on loan. Maybe he cares more than we think.

I never really got the impression that Hutton was a dick or apathetic or anything, just not particularly good. Not generally super-terrible, either, but on wages too big for a backup. I can't imagine not being upset at seeing the club you're with relegated, unless you happened to be playing for QPR.

• Like 1

I have absolutely nothing against the bloke. I always thought he was a bit of a victim of playing under mcleish and COULD be a decent player under a different manager. Think he'll leave personally; somebody will take a punt on him.

• 2 weeks later...

be nice to hear some news of his departure, of all the outcasts he seems to be the one who actually wants to play somewhere.

Scrolling down ever so slowly to see if someone had news, hopes dashed :(

:rant:

Â