Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

On 03/01/2020 at 21:47, rjw63 said:

And the miserable words removed didn't even answer

the best bit is you know if they did answer the cat would give them a wtf do you want look as it walks away from the open door

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I live alone with my two little fluffernutters. But if I were to get sick with this virus and go to hospital, I'll have two cats in a toxic apartment, and the cats would have the germs all over them as well. Nobody would want to come feed them...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did you get another cat after Louis? I'm thinking of getting another already. 

No. We live on a busy main road, and Louis' sister Ella was killed on it. We decided we couldn't face losing another one to the traffic (and we don't like the idea of a locked-in 'house cat'). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did you get another cat after Louis? I'm thinking of getting another already. 

You'll need to do this, I did.

My devon rex had to be PTS back in 2011, I think I waited about 6 months, then my mom was asked to hand-rear 5 orphan kitties. We adopted two of them, they were 8 years old a few days ago. The best and funniset cats ever.

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm playing a squirrel video for them at the moment and Oscar tried to attack the TV haha

Try this, if you don't mind the tv getting a battering?

El Git only has to hear the soundtrack and he goes bananas.

The caveat being string doesn't cut it as a toy any more. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I was never a cat person until I met the other half. I just assumed they were all assholes. Hers (Cleo) took to me as soon as I started going round there, once I'd moved in we got a kitten that was going to end up in a rescue (O'Malley). She's not that much older than him but she mothered him. Now they have their tussles but in the main it's play fighting and the rest of the time they're cuddling up. They are both house cats. They go in the garden but have never ventured any further. They're happy enough chasing bugs in the garden and the comfort of the home the rest of the time. I'd be in a constant state of panic not knowing where they are or who they're coming into contact with if they went out out. The amount of cats that go missing or killed on the roads by me is pretty high. They've got each other to keep themselves entertained, along with me and the Mrs, maybe they would like to go further eventually but I'd rather them live a long, safe life than a short one dodging cars, assholes etc. 

Here's some pics of them... 

Cleo/Mozilla Firecat 

c1efa7M.jpg

Kitten O'Malley 

pi8HkaP.jpg

jyww6Fk.jpg

yYPJZ1a.jpg

JbY66Xs.jpg

nxu26PF.jpg

What I discovered is that cats are way more affectionate than I ever realised. One day we hope to get a rescue dog to go with them but I'm really happy as we are despite being a dog person. 

Way to make sure we see your tattoo

;)

I'm assuming those are both boys? I've yet to meet a ginger female kitty.

Edited by maqroll

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Way to make sure we see your tattoo

;)

I'm assuming those are both boys? I've yet to meet a ginger female kitty.

Haha! I know it sounds weird but that's how I sleep sometimes, if O'Malley wasn't on my other arm I'd be laying there with that crossed too, like Dracula. 

Nah, O'Malley with the (white bits) is male, Cleo (the lighter one) is female. They've both been done though so no chance of kittens! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm assuming those are both boys? I've yet to meet a ginger female kitty

They're unusual, but not unknown. My daughter's ginger cat is female. 

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This.

People give cats a bad rep but it's usually people who've never been round cats.

They're **** awesome.

Could not have put it better. They're superb during times like now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They're unusual, but not unknown. My daughter's ginger cat is female. 

My first cat was a ginger female , lived to the ripe old age of 21 ... Was an awesome cat used to follow me everywhere , when the now Mrs H first came on the scene the cat would always jump up and squeeze in between us as if to try and push her away from me  , they became friends eventually :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â