Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, maqroll said:

How do you know he spells his name like that?

Amusingly my neighbour pronounced his name as G-Off when she read his name on the collar first time he wandered into the garden 

• Like 1

My elderly cat appears to be less of a word removed. Not attacking me, not waking me up at 3am and not telling me for an hour before meal times that he wants to be fed. He better not be on the wind down. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2020 at 12:57, sidcow said:

A neighbourhood cat has been spending a lot of time this summer sunning himself at the bottom of our garden. 

He's well known to us and has always been around, occasionally coming in the house to say hello and beg a few scraps.  Occasionally sits on a seat near the patio doors. 

But this summer he's been around a lot at the bottom of the garden, he's obviously got a spot there he likes. I will mosey on down there and give him a bit of fuss. 

Anyway he's obviously realised we're here all day now.   It's obviously colder so he's no longer sunning himself. 

Yesterday he came and meowed outside the patio door whilst we were working. 

I opened the side door and he came running in. I gave him a bit of sliced turkey that expired that day. 

He wolfed it down then IMMEDIATELY left. 

If he comes back to tomorrow he's staying in the cold the ungrateful so and so! 

Cheeky guy. But he probably feels like he can trust you which is nice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our occasional interloper turned up today so I let him in whilst I was on a teams meeting with a client. 

Mrs Sidcow was doing something upstairs so it started meowing at me for some food then jumped up on the table.  I had do shoo it away with my notepad pad thinking it was about to walk in front of the camera. 

If I actually owned it, it wouldn't be jumping on tables I can tell you. 

We lost one of our cats, Scrappy, last year, and the remaining cat Edwin is having a rough time!

He’s always been a big wuss, and now he keeps getting beaten up by a little shit from up the road. 

The little shit got in our catflap a few weeks ago and scared Edwin to death in the middle of the night. We also caught him on the camera waiting for Edwin under a bush in the back garden and sprinting at him as he walked out the cat flap :lol:

The funniest though, was when we caught him on our cameras on the front of the house - jumping up at the front window, as Edwin was presumably sat on the window ledge INSIDE! What kind of mental cat jumps up at a window to attack a cat behind glass?!

Little ****.

9 hours ago, Rob182 said:

We lost one of our cats, Scrappy, last year, and the remaining cat Edwin is having a rough time!

He’s always been a big wuss, and now he keeps getting beaten up by a little shit from up the road. 

The little shit got in our catflap a few weeks ago and scared Edwin to death in the middle of the night. We also caught him on the camera waiting for Edwin under a bush in the back garden and sprinting at him as he walked out the cat flap :lol:

The funniest though, was when we caught him on our cameras on the front of the house - jumping up at the front window, as Edwin was presumably sat on the window ledge INSIDE! What kind of mental cat jumps up at a window to attack a cat behind glass?!

Little ****.

You can get catflaps that only let your cat in via a chip in it's collar, at least the little fella can feel safe at home then. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

You can get catflaps that only let your cat in via a chip in it's collar, at least the little fella can feel safe at home then. 

We have one! 🥵

I’ve noticed lately that the wind is occasionally holding it open past the little latch that keeps it shut. I’ve tried cleaning the hinges but I think the position of the cat flap (and the wind lately) is not helping.

Â