The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

Awol, could you update us on what is going on in the middle east ?

Read somewhere that isis is getting smaller and smaller and is soon wiped out, any truth in this ?

Also the war in Yemen is pretty bad, but for some reason the western media doesn't report much about this.

Edited by Ikantcpell

Personally I was heartened yesterday to see that Great Britain is increasing its humanitarian aid to Yemen.

Hopefully we'll also splash some cash and investigate who the murdering bastards are that are making and supplying the bombs that are turning the place to stone dust.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Personally I was heartened yesterday to see that Great Britain is increasing its humanitarian aid to Yemen.

Hopefully we'll also splash some cash and investigate who the murdering bastards are that are making and supplying the bombs that are turning the place to stone dust.

An internal investigation is underway.

On 4/6/2016 at 14:54, blandy said:

On top of AWOL's post, I know you're wrong. All humans in the military train to use firearms and other weapons. Most undergo combat training, too. Though I don't believe medics always do to the same degree. But they also undergo training and education on the legal use of force, lethal or non- lethal. In the UK you are given rules of engagement cards, detailing what you can and cannot do. You absolutely cannot do murder. You are trained to not to do murder, it's really rather frowned upon and considered to be "not cricket", which as you may know is about as low as a chap can go.

Yes rules. Who writes those rules and who enforces them. We do, they being the dead, do not. If a military is illegally "operating" in another country, then it's murder, yes? Now, who is it that decides when one country is legally in another? That's right, we do, e.g., see the current carry on in the sovereign nation state of Syria.

19 minutes ago, villakram said:

Yes rules. Who writes those rules and who enforces them. We do, they being the dead, do not. If a military is illegally "operating" in another country, then it's murder, yes? Now, who is it that decides when one country is legally in another? That's right, we do, e.g., see the current carry on in the sovereign nation state of Syria.

Which is a different point to your last comment that 

On 06/04/2016 at 16:41, villakram said:

All humans in a military specifically train to murder other humans

The legality or otherwise of one Government's decisions or action in terms of initiating combat on a territory is not the same thing as everyone in the military being trained to "murder".

It's possible that military actions can be illegal. It is also possible that they can be legal. The "rules" are written by the UN and pan-national bodies - things like the Geneva convention and so on.

Individual military people are not trained to murder, they're trained not to murder.

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

Which is a different point to your last comment that 

The legality or otherwise of one Government's decisions or action in terms of initiating combat on a territory is not the same thing as everyone in the military being trained to "murder".

It's possible that military actions can be illegal. It is also possible that they can be legal. The "rules" are written by the UN and pan-national bodies - things like the Geneva convention and so on.

Individual military people are not trained to murder, they're trained not to murder.

ok... if we can move past focussing on the "all" part of the statement, unless under seige led to a huge number of ninja types in menial positions in militaries worldwide...

I think a somewhat philosophical/semantic difference is present here. I think that all deaths as a result of military action are murder. Now, if after the fact, one needs to enter arguments so that these deaths can seem justified in some-sense, then so be it. 

Militaries are fundamentally tools of force generally used when sensible people are pushed out of power. Death is a built in feature of these military structures. A decision to deploy a military, is a decision to necessarily end the life of other individuals. 

Edited by villakram

28 minutes ago, villakram said:

...I think a somewhat philosophical/semantic difference is present here. I think that all deaths as a result of military action are murder....

OK, that's fine, Akram. Thanks for explaining your philosophy. I will respectfully agree to disagree on that part of your post and move on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16 October 2016 at 12:41, Xann said:

It's reporting that Dabiq has been captured with the help of Turkish bombing.

According to the prophetic brochure, Jesus should be arriving just about now.

I'm hoping some of the clearings in the woods actually see some sense once they are defeated and Jesus doesn't make a show. No doubt thousands of them believed what was meant to be set in stone by Isis regarding the final battle in dabiq. 

Hearing about these armies crossing fhe plains of Nineveh in search of people to slay, for anyone who's been to the British Museum and walked among the remnants of fhe walls of the warring tribes of Nineveh some thousands of years ago, it rather prompts the question first asked by Socrates, "WTF?"  We seem to have progressed little in that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

ISIS are in big trouble. We don't need them any more, we've re-created the Russian threat.

They are. They've been very naughty. Barbarically so, unimaginably so.

but seriously, "we" didn't create the Russian threat. Putin did. He's a massive crook, a stark nationalist, his opponents keep ending up dead, critics end up dead, journalists end up dead. For all the geopolitic, for all that the west has done what the west has done, The reality of Russian governemt behaviour and attitude is worse. That's not an excuse, but Russia and putin is not passive, it's not a thing that you can say " if only the US, or if only the west didn't...". They are at it, corrupt, rotten, murdering...

russias political leadership and system is way more broken than even that in America.

• Like 4

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 23:08, blandy said:

He's a massive crook, a stark nationalist, his opponents keep ending up dead, critics end up dead, journalists end up dead

isn't that the same with Hilary Clinton ?

44 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

saudideaths2-452x1024.png

So having sex with another man will get you executed?? lol

They are still in the stone age, how can anyone trade with this barbaric country.

Seems pretty typical of a country run in accordance with Islam tbh. Apostasy, homosexuality, intoxicants. All things that will have you executed or at the very least spend several years in prison in most Islamic countries, especially the first two.

Religion of peace though. 

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Not sure if serious. Assume not.

I thought it was public knowledge regarding the "co-incidental " deaths surrounding the Clintons ... weird that someone happy to accept a Pig story with zero evidence seems to have missed this

Â