Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Good news that he's signed, but if he has a good season this season he'll need another contract next summer, 3 years isn't long enough. I'm guessing the club has said take this (with a pay rise) and we'll revue next year, rather than moving him immediately onto a 'you've made it' contract. Personally, I've a lot of faith in this boy and would be much happier if it was a five year deal.

Shows they are learning though, I think they've believed that the academy was somewhat magical at times and rushed into giving some players deals they perhaps hadn't earned. I'd much rather see him get an improved deal and then a bumper one next year if he proves he's earned it. 

Excellent point Folski, in addition you have to consider that the agent and the player might not have agreed to a longer deal at this moment in time.

It's kind of what Spurs have done with Bale - he's had a new contract every year now for about 3 years, each time, because his performances have got better and better, he's got more money, the club has protected their investment by having 3 years left on his contract, so if they sell it'll be for a good price, rather than a contract run-down price. As Folksi said, the club are learning, and in terms of rewarding players for having performed, rather than for "might perform" if he comes good, it's eminently sensible.

Very much agree. I full expect us to sign a CB this summer but I think Baker has put himself in the mix and moved ahead of Clark.

if we only sign one CB this window (although we need two) id be happy to see baker as a regular starter with the new CB when vlaar is injured, with the new CB dropping back to the bench when vlaar is back, as for clark, not so bothered tbh

• 1 month later...

Anybody know of the game where Nathan performs the perfect tackle on a player that goes flying in the air, then Nathan gets up and walks away like nothing happened? It was beautiul but I can't think of who it was on.

Anybody know of the game where Nathan performs the perfect tackle on a player that goes flying in the air, then Nathan gets up and walks away like nothing happened? It was beautiul but I can't think of who it was on.

Think it was the chelski match at home

Thank you, I need to go see it again.

Thank you, I need to go see it again.

gif please

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm for me please; I don't think he's injury prone in the traditional sense of little niggles or anything, but is is it a concern he needs treatment so often?

But he keeps putting his head in next to boots and other people's foreheads and hurting his brain.

I really like him, but he's like some sort of Frankenstein simpleton who doesn't realise when to sit back and watch a situation evolve, he just reverts to default and tries to headbutt his way out of things.

• Like 1

I couldn't find this thread anywhere!

As for headbutting his way out of things, I think that's what I like about him! I like defenders who just sacrifice themselves like maniacs for the good (or otherwise) of the team.

Not overly concerned. Clark came in and played very well on Saturday. The big decision for me is whether Lambert drops Vlaar for Okore or not

I had a funny feeling this morning that Okore may get the nod for Chelsea,  not sure why

Â