Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I still think his crunching challenge on Mata was legal and ergo the subsequent yellow was bullshit.

He loves a tackle does our Nath.

• Like 1

if we stick with baker then he can come just as good, if not better than cahill, (sorry to bring him up again in this thread but its difficult not to compare)

however, hes been thrown in the deep end this season, i think next season maybe use him for cup games and bit part league games like we do with the keeper situation

we need another CB to develop a partnership with vlaar

Baker has all the ingredients, I can see his career rising nicely.

We've already done those jokes this thread!

But that was 13 pages ago, or a dozen, as Baker would call it. Edited by Kingfisher
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Baker has all the ingredients, I can see his career rising nicely.

We've already done those jokes this thread!

But that was 13 pages ago, or a dozen, as Baker would call it.

Thank you for my favourite post of the year so far.

• Like 1

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but are you saying you want Baker at LB now? You spent a day arguing with people, and me, about how he shouldn't be on the left of a back three a while back. Because in your view, he was too big and cumbersome to cope with wingers. Now you want him at fullback against a team with the some of the best agile wingers in the business?

That's true, but this is an exception. Against Man Utd he's not going to need speed or agility, he's got to be good at set pieces.

Man Utd 0 counter-attack goals this season (lowest in league) 20 set piece goals (highest in league).

Adapt your tactics and selections to the team you play.

These stats are clearly wrong.  Man U scored a counter attack goal against us in the last game we played against them.  Remember the Van Persie goal?  (seriously that Van Persie goal was both outstanding, offside and against us, how do you forget it?)

Also if you can remember all the way back to the last game of the season the opening goal by Kagawa is a counter attack against West Brom.   Yep West Brom got caught on the counter by Man U.  That is operating just from very recent memory.

The only thing more wrong than the stat is the suggestion that you don't need speed or agility against a sqaud that includes Van Persie, Roonie, Nani, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Scholes and Giggs.  They scored almost 90 goals over the season (in the league alone) and showed great movement skill and speed scoring goals of all types and you think that you don't need speed or agility to defend againt them?  Beyond credulity. 

Was having a few drinks in Worcester last night and Baker was drinking in the same bar. Was too scared to go talk to him haha... he's huge!

I'd have been right in there. Did anyone apart from you seem to recognise him?

Was having a few drinks in Worcester last night and Baker was drinking in the same bar. Was too scared to go talk to him haha... he's huge!

Surprised he isn't abroad on a beach, then again he seems to love his dogs so leaving them behind would be a wrench

I'd have been right in there. Did anyone apart from you seem to recognise him?

Well most of the people who I drink with in Worcester all kinda knew him from school and stuff so they weren't as star-struck as me. I always think most footballers must get tired of people coming up and talking to them... which is why I didn't really bother him. Though, most of the time he seemed on his own playing with his phone. Should have bought him a pint really. 

• Like 1

Seems to have overtook Clark in his devolpment this season. Has all the attributes to be a regular in the team in the future.

Seems to have overtook Clark in his devolpment this season. Has all the attributes to be a regular in the team in the future.

Â