Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

you must've missed fulham at home then tro because he absolutely dominated, he is a top drawer player who has played in cl for years, we're lucky to have him, i think we as fans should make the most of him being here because he could get in any team in world football, i think he is that good

I hope your right, but sorry for being so called negative or sceptical, but I've heard it all before.

To dominate is what it means, not a few fab passes now and again..... I simply don't buy your rating of him just yet, but i may well change my opinion..... when i see what your seeing, I'm simply saying i havn't seen it yet.

If you want to see domination at its best, play some footage of Paul McGrath or Martin Laursen....or Alex Cropley or Dennis Mortimer

Thats being dominant and thats what we need.

i'm not really understanding your point, are you saying he isn't good enough for us? or saying we should've got someone better in jan? it's a crazy statement

I thought it was quite plain, but there you go ..... no he's nowhere near good enough right now....whether he will improve and become good enough ( imo of course) time will tell, in the meantime we may be sunk.

He will need time to adapt to the premier league and he may of course not make it.

A relegation dogfight is absolutely NOT the context in which to blood him.

you must've missed fulham at home then tro because he absolutely dominated, he is a top drawer player who has played in cl for years, we're lucky to have him, i think we as fans should make the most of him being here because he could get in any team in world football, i think he is that good

I hope your right, but sorry for being so called negative or sceptical, but I've heard it all before.

To dominate is what it means, not a few fab passes now and again..... I simply don't buy your rating of him just yet, but i may well change my opinion..... when i see what your seeing, I'm simply saying i havn't seen it yet.

If you want to see domination at its best, play some footage of Paul McGrath or Martin Laursen....or Alex Cropley or Dennis Mortimer

Thats being dominant and thats what we need.

i'm not really understanding your point, are you saying he isn't good enough for us? or saying we should've got someone better in jan? it's a crazy statement

I thought it was quite plain, but there you go ..... no he's nowhere near good enough right now....whether he will improve and become good enough ( imo of course) time will tell, in the meantime we may be sunk.

He will need time to adapt to the premier league and he may of course not make it.

A relegation dogfight is absolutely NOT the context in which to blood him.

life's a bitch,

maybe your right, maybe your wrong.....I tend to take your point as sensible and then cast my mind back to a young centre forward of 19 years old playing in scottish football who didn't know a soul in a strange city and just went in to games like a storm trooper.

attitude and application is a wonderful thing in football and can take you a long way.

I think we sometimes make too many excuses for them.

I think Makoun played okay Today. He got stick because he made a few silly tackles and lost possession a bunch of times, but other than that he did well, linked play nicely and worked well with NRC.

It didn't help that Everton had 5 in midfield and crowded the centre of midfield. I also believe that Makoun is suited better to a 3-man central midfield.

I personally think that next season we should try a 4-3-3 with Makoun, Delph & a defensive-minded midfielder (swapping Delph for Bannan in some games).

Both him and Reo Coker were bettered by Everton make shift centre midfield today. Second half Makoun was completely anonymous and is becoming a liability when the other team have the ball just as he was against Wolves. He is very easily over run. Plays some decent stuff when we have possession, nothing spectacular, but against teams that get stuck in he has struggled.

Should have come off on or before the hour mark especially given we had good options on bench. May be an idea to drop him for a couple of games.

I would in no way say he was awful today, still made quite a few good passes and his composure on the ball is definitely something that is great and can only get better as he acclimates himself with the league. He definitely got poorer as the second half went on and I was hoping for Stan to get subbed on to provide a more defensive presence for the last 20 mins or so. But oh well, but I think we havent seen his best yet. The Man Utd performance showed exactly what he is made of and I expect we will soon see more of that.

I don't know how I feel about the guy. He is clearly not the player we were expecting to get. He really doesn't do much and is barely noticeable in the game until he does a dumb challenge. I don't know if it is him not being used to the Premier League or maybe he just isn't that good, but if he keeps up these performances, I don't want him starting.

For me it seems like he would be better if he had a clear role on the pitch which he doesnt it seems. When he playes with Reo you expect him to be further up the pitch and Reo to defend but he plays too deep for my liking. His passing is so good, he really should have more of a playmaker role and not have Reo in front of him almost every time we attack.

He's not accustomed to this league and I think away from home, playing him is a risk. He's not a good tackler, that is evident, but he does get himself about and his one touch passing is incredible. Unfortunately for him, he's the quickest thinking player in our team at the moment and one of the only one's capable of a short passing game. In short, I think he's wasted in our team, at the moment.

The blend of Makoun and Reo Coker (give him the bloody contract, he's been immense!) is one that could work well in the future, but for now I think I'd prefer Petrov, because we're staring down the barrel of relegation and we need (premier league) experienced heads in the team.

He also looks as if he's going to get sent off, every time he plays.

I don't know how I feel about the guy. He is clearly not the player we were expecting to get. He really doesn't do much and is barely noticeable in the game until he does a dumb challenge. I don't know if it is him not being used to the Premier League or maybe he just isn't that good, but if he keeps up these performances, I don't want him starting.
He moves the ball on quickly, I would expect that more of the deeper lying midfielder, with the more forward player taking a few more runs. If we had a few more games or more of a safety blanket between us and the hole I'd be tempted pairing with him behind and Kyle in front of him in the centre of midfield.

I think he struggled this game but it didn't help that he wasn't subbed, especially after his two footer that got him a yellow. It just seemed stupid to keep him on when petrov and delph were on the bench.

He seems not to quite know his role here yet, whilst also finding his way in the league.

He's certainly a different player to the one I watched a bit at Lille for us. That player was Essien like, not as good but a similar mould. The one playing in our side at the moment bustles about a bit with some neat passing and then does something a bit reckless and vanishes.

Next season will probably be the making of him. I hope anyway.

I think the way we played yesterday changed his role a bit. In previous matches with Ashley behind Bent we played through the middle quite a bit more but with Ash out wide we played wider and Makoun really didn't come into it the way he has previously.

That said I thought he was lucky not to receive a straight red yesterday and while the penalty was a blatant dive he really was a bit naiive. Should have been substituted for Petrov when we hit the lead.

He is a very good player and as others have said, he needs time to adjust to the nuances of the PL. Give him time.

It's difficult to come to a new club when the atmosphere around the club is as it is, and when the team isn't performing, add that to what I consider a pretty big step up from the French League in coming to the prem.

We should persist with him as I think we'll be rewarded.

As for those mentioning Reo-Cokers contract, I imagine we have offered him one, but would you sign a long term contract with Villa now if you didn't even know if they'd be in the league the next year!

There's no doubt that Makoun is a decent player but at the moment he does seem off the pace which to be fair is understandable to a certain extent. It was always going to be difficult for him at the start, especially coming into a struggling team but so far he has shown enough for me to think that he will turn out to be a decent player for us and a bargain at the price we paid.

Even though he would probably be the 1st to admit he did not have a good game yesterday there is something about this player that excites me.

Its been a while since we have had a player that has such an eye for an attacking pass, and the skill to pull it off, the last I can remember was the magic man Merson.

You can see that parts of the game are passing him by at the moment but we have to remember that a lot of players are simply lost when exposed to the premiership. He will improve when he learns how to play here properly and he gets over the steep learning curve needed to flourish, and flourish he will IMO.

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing him play next season.

Â