Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

At present, Makoun's footballing abilities exist largely in the imagination of his advocates. .

I havent seen all that much of him, but I must say that against Braga he made two passes that probably only Gareth Barry in a recent vintage villa shirt could have even imagined, let alone completed.

this could be his problem is that we dont have that many intelligent football braines that will read his passes or match his style, maybe an on-song Ireland or probably Bannan.

agree that he is best passer of ball since Barry

OT but I've never thought Barry as a particularly gifted passer of the ball, in terms of range and accuracy. I never thought he was a particularly creative attacking threat to the opposition. He played simple short passes well and kept the ball moving, which is similar to Makoun.

Makoun IMO needs to get up to speed, improve the defensive side of his game and demand the ball more. He still seems a little uninvolved at times. The language thing may have been a barrier to that, I have faith he will come good.

At present, Makoun's footballing abilities exist largely in the imagination of his advocates. .

I havent seen all that much of him, but I must say that against Braga he made two passes that probably only Gareth Barry in a recent vintage villa shirt could have even imagined, let alone completed.

this could be his problem is that we dont have that many intelligent football braines that will read his passes or match his style, maybe an on-song Ireland or probably Bannan.

agree that he is best passer of ball since Barry

Impressive!

So what is your idea here exactly? Since he has an intelligent footballing brain, i.e better than the rest, it will be a problem since nobody understands it? Yes please, sack the better players because the mediocre fodder cannot cope with it.

OT but I've never thought Barry as a particularly gifted passer of the ball, in terms of range and accuracy. I never thought he was a particularly creative attacking threat to the opposition. He played simple short passes well and kept the ball moving, which is similar to Makoun.

Makoun IMO needs to get up to speed, improve the defensive side of his game and demand the ball more. He still seems a little uninvolved at times. The language thing may have been a barrier to that, I have faith he will come good.

I think it was Gareth Barry more than any other Villa player that made Ashley Young such a force here in his first few seasons.

Some of those early passes out to the left wing releasing Young to attack 1 on 1 at pace were great. We missed that when he left.

I think it was Gareth Barry more than any other Villa player that made Ashley Young such a force here in his first few seasons

very true. i noticed how he was more ineffectual on the wing after summer 2009

Impressive!

So what is your idea here exactly? Since he has an intelligent footballing brain, i.e better than the rest, it will be a problem since nobody understands it? Yes please, sack the better players because the mediocre fodder cannot cope with it.

Or he could just use it as an excuse when he mis-places a pass?? He wouldn't be the first player to do so?

Makoun IMO needs to get up to speed, improve the defensive side of his game and demand the ball more. He still seems a little uninvolved at times.

This guy is what 28 he should be in his prime not learning how to tackle??

The language thing may have been a barrier to that, I have faith he will come good.

Well let's hope he has spent his summer break wisely learning English or at least the phrase 'Pass to me Stan'?

I think it was Gareth Barry more than any other Villa player that made Ashley Young such a force here in his first few seasons.

Some of those early passes out to the left wing releasing Young to attack 1 on 1 at pace were great. We missed that when he left.

Definitely. Every time GB got the ball, first thing he did was look to the left wing. No coincidence that Ash wasn't as effective after GB left.

Well let's hope he has spent his summer break wisely learning English or at least the phrase 'Pass to me Stan'?

He will also have had to learn to step back about 10 yards and to lump the ball forward with a long ball to Bent that is easily cut out by the opposition or there is no way Stan will be passing to him!

If people doubt his ability they only need to find some online highlight of his midfield display against Man u.

Secondly I can recall a fantastic reverse pass, I think it was against Fulham? And it either lead to a penalty or an obvious foul that wasn't given as a penalty? Does anyone remember this?

Secondly I can recall a fantastic reverse pass, I think it was against Fulham? And it either lead to a penalty or an obvious foul that wasn't given as a penalty? Does anyone remember this?

was Newcastle and a goal that was wrongly disallowed by Bent

Not every player has to be an awesome tackler.

He presses really well and has a really good engine. Closing down players.. reading the play.. intercepting the ball.. these are also good defensive qualities.. tackling isnt the be all end all of a defensive midfielder.

Also while you hold onto possession.. you dont need to do as much tackling.. if we play like we did against Blackburn in the first half.. were Blackburn couldnt win the ball off our passing.. then great.. if we are going to hoof it all the time.. we will be in trouble.. our midfield consists of players who have talent in passing.. Ireland Makoun Petrov Bannan.. they need to play a possession game.. and a pressing game..

Long ball will equal to relegation.. we dont have the players for it.. the fact that our back four's cant hit an accurate long ball either doesnt help.

If people doubt his ability they only need to find some online highlight of his midfield display against Man u.

I think he could be our Luka Modric, but he needs to learn that not every ball needs to be a first time pass and that there is a right time to hold on to it a bit longer. I hope he has covered this off in pre-season.

I also think he needs someone a lot better defensively than Stan alongside him if he is to really flourish.

I agree Baz, but ive had this arguement before...walk away mate, you havnt got a chance!

FWIW Young wasnt effective because every team in the league doubled up on him, nothing to do with Barry.

That rap video he's in :crylaugh:

I really rate the little Cameroonian. Would love to see tthe Barry of old next to him. I don't think Petrov suits him. or vice versa.

makoun will be one of the first names on the teamsheet this season. Rightly so.

Quite possibly, in fact highly probable too.

My prediction for Makoun will be that he's the first player suspended

Warnock is back ;)

makoun will be one of the first names on the teamsheet this season. Rightly so.

Quite possibly, in fact highly probable too.

My prediction for Makoun will be that he's the first player suspended

Warnock is back ;)

True :D but he was only a card every other game, not one EVERY game, partly due to the fact that half his tackles were so late he completely missed the man, in fact the cameraman didn't even see them ;-)

Makoun, Warnock & Delph. Though Delph will be hampered by not being automatic choice. He'll still pull his weight though :) Or pull up trees with an over-exuberant slide tackle.

Â