Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

And the cult worshipping begins.

Don't worry, you're not sounding boring at all. :thumb:

Sorry I'll try and be more entertaining.

Wow what a legend!!! I'm getting makoun on my villa shirt, all my work shirts and any shirt I ever plan to wear on a night out.

I agree. Let's just dislike all of our players and only comment on them when they make a mistake during a football match :thumb:

People who like players :lol:

Supporting the team :lol:

Hoping for the best :lol:

Football :lol:

Life :lol:

Wow what a legend!!! I'm getting makoun on my villa shirt, all my work shirts and any shirt I ever plan to wear on a night out.

Heaven forbid people should enjoy one touch passing, or a silly video, or claim they want his name on the back, but those that do deserve to be mocked with a sarcastic exaggerated response.

I've never got how some people (no one in particular) just seem to focus on the negatives surrounding a player in our team and never seem to appreciate if said player has a good game or does something well.

Doesn't matter if it's Petrov, Heskey or Makoun. Fair enough if someone just doesn't rate them but it's a fact that some people will never see the good things these players do. It's pathetic and boring.

I think as he was signed by Mr Houllier, some people may, sadly not accept him.

He is certainly a good footballer. But I think he is the type of player who needs good players around him to get the best out of him. I'm not sure the players we currently have in the team are good enough to get the best out of him.

He is certainly a good footballer. But I think he is the type of player who needs good players around him to get the best out of him. I'm not sure the players we currently have in the team are good enough to get the best out of him.

Careful...You were sounding almost positive until you rescued it with that last sentence.

Well Bent has been taken on by one and all. I'm sure if he comes out firing this season fans will love him just like they will turn around if Big Eck wins his first few games. Us fans can be a fickle bunch.

Or even better, ask the mods to change your username... bloody cult worshippers eh?

Hmmm, based on my limited understanding of the french language (by limited i mean learnt from Eddie Izzard), from what i can gather, the song is actually about Makoun. How bizarre.

yeah, they are thanking hime and supporting him, everything he does makes them happy, friends forever, something like that :) my french is not that good :)

Nothing to do with houllier, bent is one of my favourite players and I loved walker last season.

I've also not said it's a bad thing, actually if you read my post I fully admit to being biased about John Carew for similar reasons.

All I said originally was I think makoun will receive a lot of praise this year regardless of how he plays because of this cult status. It happens, people will always focus on the positives if it's someone you rate and the negatives if it's someone you don't. Houllier is a perfect example of this last season.

Like I said, I didn't say it was a negative, just that I can see it happening this season.

Careful...You were sounding almost positive until you rescued it with that last sentence.

Another pointless post on poster

Another pointless post on poster

Mmm. Kindof. A sort of pointless post on pointless poster, if you will.

Nothing to do with houllier, bent is one of my favourite players and I loved walker last season.

I've also not said it's a bad thing, actually if you read my post I fully admit to being biased about John Carew for similar reasons.

All I said originally was I think makoun will receive a lot of praise this year regardless of how he plays because of this cult status. It happens, people will always focus on the positives if it's someone you rate and the negatives if it's someone you don't. Houllier is a perfect example of this last season.

Like I said, I didn't say it was a negative, just that I can see it happening this season.

Whereas the vast majority of people will say it as they see it.

Besides which, having a cult hero who can actually play a bit is exactly the type of thing we need no?

Jean II Makoun, he can play a bit. Never any doubt in my mind.

At present, Makoun's footballing abilities exist largely in the imagination of his advocates. He has done very little with Villa to support any sort of conclusive analysis of his abilities: much of what he has done is actually negative (the bookings and sending off; Houllier's decision to drop him for the tough relegation struggle).

That isn't to say he won't be good. I sincerely hope he will be, or we will have wasted £5m we seemingly can ill afford.

It's just that he hasn't actually done anything yet to justify the status he is now being afforded and we have to wait to see how he will actually turn out in the real world.

At present, Makoun's footballing abilities exist largely in the imagination of his advocates. He has done very little with Villa to support any sort of conclusive analysis of his abilities: much of what he has done is actually negative (the bookings and sending off; Houllier's decision to drop him for the tough relegation struggle).

That isn't to say he won't be good. I sincerely hope he will be, or we will have wasted £5m we seemingly can ill afford.

It's just that he hasn't actually done anything yet to justify the status he is now being afforded and we have to wait to see how he will actually turn out in the real world.

Speak for all of us.

We are allowed an opinion and it doesn't mean we're wrong because we disagree with you, nor does it mean it exists in our 'imagination'.

Speak for all of us.

We are allowed an opinion and it doesn't mean we're wrong because we disagree with you, nor does it mean it exists in our 'imagination'.

Umm... I guess the logic is that I'm allowed an opinion too? I've just told you my opinion. :wink:

You might try to address some of the substantive points I've made rather than coming up with the tired old slogans about opinions etc.

Â