Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think Petrov is stronger at tackling and winning the ball than makoun and Ireland is better on the ball than him. I would like to see us with 2 proper strikers so IMO makoun wouldn't be first choice.

I'm still waiting to see if he can cut it at this level. I know that on VT this season he's gonna be one of those players that no matter what will be ridiculously praised whenever he plays. Hopefully if he does play he'll actually perform well enough to warrant it.

Well of course it's different opinions to me.

But there's always certain players that seem to enjoy cult like status and can never do wrong or are always overpraised. Coker had it last year, angel had it for a few years and now my prediction is makoun will be one of those heroic players.

Well of course it's different opinions to me.

But there's always certain players that seem to enjoy cult like status and can never do wrong or are always overpraised. Coker had it last year, angel had it for a few years and now my prediction is makoun will be one of those heroic players.

So because you don't like him we only like him because of a cult status.

How about because we think he's a good player, amazing presumption there.

Come on there are always players on here that can do no wrong and there are always players on here who can do no right. Everyone's always a bit biased with players they like, I was like it with Carew and all I'm saying is i can see makoun getting similar biased treatment on here next season.

And it's not that I don't like him, just haven't seen anything to make me think he's going to be great at premiership level. Obviously I'd love him to be amazing.

Thing is though John, Makoun has shown more in the 5 minutes than Petrov has in 5 years.

I dont want to drag this down into another Petrov Vs (insert CM name here) debate but there really is no comparison.

Petrov was captain and a regular starter when we had our best season in years.

Makoun was dropped from a team that was shit and were relegation candidates.

With Makoun, let's just wait to see if he can form a decent pairing with anybody, where he does more than just play simple passes around. A pre-season friendly against a Portugese team is going to be very different to Everton away on a lumpy pitch in November. I'm not at all convinced that he is strong or quick enough, but we'll see.

A bit like Delph people are seeing the promise not necessarily what he has shown thus far on the pitch. That said I thought he was our best player on Saturday.

I'd like to team him up with a more mobile version of Petrov and think that would be a good CM for the new season. I can't recall Makoun and Delph playing together pre-season but haven't seen all the matches so maybe someone can tell me if they did and if so what they were like?

In time, i see him growing into a similar role that Arteta does at Everton. It's a bit of a shame we couldnt have had him 5 years ago, but his all round game probably makes him the best CM we have.

Love the video by the way.

Makoun was dropped from a team that was shit and were relegation candidates.

so was Petrov at one stage

Which one came back and helped us improve?

Which one was Marc albrighton praising for their influence towards the end of last season?

Makoun and Petrov are too simular to be played together.

I think makoun is more like Ireland as in he's more forward thinking with the ball like Ireland and like Ireland tackling and winning the ball isn't his game.

I don't think makoun reads the game defensively as well as Petrov.

Â