wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

I would love it if Ronaldo ended up being beaten by Messi in terms of goals scored, just to see if it would actually humble the prick.

Well if Messi gets near Ronaldo’s amount of appearances he will surpass him on goals comfortably 

They're not even close to each other imo, Messi is clear. Ronaldo has done extremely well to get as many goals as he has. A remarkable feat really. The problem is Messi scored just as much (literally both 701 competitive goals) in less games, but is just a much better footballer and has about 100 assists on him on top of all that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

They're not even close to each other imo, Messi is clear. Ronaldo has done extremely well to get as many goals as he has. A remarkable feat really. The problem is Messi scored just as much (literally both 701 competitive goals) in less games, but is just a much better footballer and has about 100 assists on him on top of all that. 

for me it boils down to this comparison.

Ronaldo is a machine, Messi is an artist.

Although i appreciate the machine, you just cant overlook the beauty of true art and expression.

Messi for me, and its not even close imo.

• Like 3

Just now, MaVilla said:

This is a view that gets stated quite a lot, and though I know you don't mean it that way, I can never help but feel it's a bit disrespectful to Messi, like he's just blessed by the gods and doesn't work every damn bit as hard as Ronaldo does

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Messi has 799 goals and Ronaldo has 819 goals

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for me it boils down to this comparison.

Although i appreciate the machine, you just cant overlook the beauty of true art and expression.

Messi for me, and its not even close imo.

If that's true, that's another feather in Messi's cap as he's just as productive as the "machine" while being artistic with it.

• Like 1

I think Messi is the better forward but overall footballer Ronaldo is better, so depends how you look at it. Ronaldo could have played anywhere on the pitch and been successful.

Its hard to compare the goals, they play in different leagues for different teams. Messi has basically retired playing in the French league and sounds like he's off to the MLS soon, Ronaldo won't get a top CL club now so he may as well chase the money elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think Messi is the better forward but overall footballer Ronaldo is better, so depends how you look at it. Ronaldo could have played anywhere on the pitch and been successful.

Its hard to compare the goals, they play in different leagues for different teams. Messi has basically retired playing in the French league and sounds like he's off to the MLS soon, Ronaldo won't get a top CL club now so he may as well chase the money elsewhere.

Surely it's the opposite? No way is Ronaldo a better footballer than Messi. The only reason he could play other positions is because he's built like a shit brickhouse. Once his pace started to go, he converted into a poacher. When Messi's pace started to go, he went deeper into midfield, or as a false 9. Ronaldo's technical ability isn't even as good as say, Hazard in his pomp.  

47 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Messi scores the opening goal for Argentina with a beautiful finish from outside the box. Immediately runs to his teammates to celebrate.

Ronaldo "scores" for Portugal by missing a header at close range but claims the goal as the ball goes in anyway. Immediately runs to the corner to celebrate on his own in front of the cameras.

Sums it up, really.

Didn't Maradona make a note of something similar? Said something like Ronaldo would celebrate a tap in like he's doing a shampoo commercial 😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Messi scores the opening goal for Argentina with a beautiful finish from outside the box. Immediately runs to his teammates to celebrate.

Ronaldo "scores" for Portugal by missing a header at close range but claims the goal as the ball goes in anyway. Immediately runs to the corner to celebrate on his own in front of the cameras.

Sums it up, really.

In fairness you can tell he wasnt sure because he didnt do his stupid SIU celebration for once

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ronaldo v Messi is pointless both amazing footballers who pushed each other to the heights and standards they’ve set.

Thank you both. 

I think if he keeps it up Haaland might get to the goal tallies but it wont be the same

Media are trying tp hype a Haaland vs Mbappe similar rivalry but Ronaldo vs Messi was just natural

Ronaldo had to turn himself into a box striker just in order to keep up with Messis numbers.

There is no competition and never has been.

Messi is the greatest footballer the world has ever seen.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Surely it's the opposite? No way is Ronaldo a better footballer than Messi. The only reason he could play other positions is because he's built like a shit brickhouse. Once his pace started to go, he converted into a poacher. When Messi's pace started to go, he went deeper into midfield, or as a false 9. Ronaldo's technical ability isn't even as good as say, Hazard in his pomp.  

Maybe bad wording, I mean that Messi's attacking/creating attributes are better which makes him a better forward but overall ability to do everything on the pitch then Ronaldo could contribute to every moment of the game.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Maybe bad wording, I mean that Messi's attacking/creating attributes are better which makes him a better forward but overall ability to do everything on the pitch then Ronaldo could contribute to every moment of the game.

I still don't see it. What does Ronaldo contribute on the pitch other than score? Even in his pomp. Play defence splitting passes? Drop his shoulder and take multiple defenders out of the game and drive with the ball? Dictate the play in the middle of the park? These are all things Messi did and still does.

Â