1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

City didn't want him

Pep confirmed they were in for him

The move means City are likely to go into the new season without a recognised striker, with Ronaldo's failed move following Harry Kane's decision to remain at Tottenham.

On Friday, before City decided to pull out of the deal for Ronaldo, Guardiola had said the Portuguese was a player who could decide where he plays, rather than City or himself. 

And speaking ahead of the clash with Arsenal in the Premier League, Guardiola was philosophical about the situation.

"I would say frustrated isn't the right word," he told BT Sport

"We have an exceptional squad, I say thank you all the time to the club and the organisation for the future and the best players possible to compete. We aren't frustrated, it's good that a player like Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the England for the Premier League. It's good news."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-ronaldo-united-guardiola-21425740.amp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I wonder if Ronaldo regrets not going to City. He’d be making room for a PL medal and probably golden boot trophy on his mantle piece by now.

Apparently he asked Rio Ferdinand if it would ruin his united legacy if he went to city and rio told him it would so he choose united. What an error. He'd have 40 goals in that city team and could run even less than he does now. 

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apparently he asked Rio Ferdinand if it would ruin his united legacy if he went to city and rio told him it would so he choose united. What an error. He'd have 40 goals in that city team and could run even less than he does now. 

the same Rio Ferdinand who was happy to try engineer a move to Chelsea from United

on another note why would anybody listen to Rio Ferdinand in general

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the same Rio Ferdinand who was happy to try engineer a move to Chelsea from United

on another note why would anybody listen to Rio Ferdinand in general

Yeaaah definitely 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Messi is really struggling in Ligue Un this season, you do have to wonder if he would have done as badly if he went to City.

2 league goals so far, he hit 30 last season. People did say he would struggle outside the Barcelona system :P 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Messi is really struggling in Ligue Un this season, you do have to wonder if he would have done as badly if he went to City.

2 league goals so far, he hit 30 last season. People did say he would struggle outside the Barcelona system :P 

Not quite but maybe he's just not as good as he was. 

I said maybe as long as 10 years back I think he'll retire before Ronaldo, fortunately it's not because his body is broken but the desire isn't the same 

2 years at PSG and then he might drop in to the MLS (to a new franchise...) or go back to argentina 

I haven't watched him at psg tbf other than the game vs City, for me he was always so much more than the insane goal stats and that's what made him so special but even that wasnt there, the passing range and vision etc just looked like a "regular" top player, take the goals away and he still had the passing ability of xavi/iniesta

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I watched his (Messi) first couple of games at PSG and he looked like a broken man.

Like it had dawned on him that there’s more to life than money and now he was stuck there. 

He is diagnosed to be on the autistic spectrum. A move away from Barcelona and the comfort may have been much more difficult than he and his advisors thought it would be. Should have played for cheap in Barcelona. 

45 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

He is diagnosed to be on the autistic spectrum. A move away from Barcelona and the comfort may have been much more difficult than he and his advisors thought it would be. Should have played for cheap in Barcelona. 

Again he couldn't have played for cheap at Barca even if he wanted.  I have wondered if he is on the spectrum judging by the stuff he can do with a ball, especially at full speed.

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Again he couldn't have played for cheap at Barca even if he wanted.  I have wondered if he is on the spectrum judging by the stuff he can do with a ball, especially at full speed.

Forgot they had a transfer ban. Been a mess that club. and I have to add; he is rumoured to be diagnosed. 

Â