wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He followed the money to PSG where he doesn’t seem happy so I guess its no surprise. 

He could have walked into any team on the planet (as long as he adjusted his wage demands accordingly). Nah, who will pay him most.

Wonder if they will move him to Newcastle? Would be kinda fitting.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if they will move him to Newcastle? Would be kinda fitting.

And a hilarious way to end his career, maybe even tarnish it

Sadly he doesn't wear No. 9 so the fans probably wont take to him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

He followed the money to PSG where he doesn’t seem happy so I guess its no surprise. 

He could have walked into any team on the planet (as long as he adjusted his wage demands accordingly). Nah, who will pay him most.

I sometimes wonder if this is an ego thing because it absolutely baffles me. He'll never have to even think about money as he does whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Even if he pisses it all away on NFTs, he can make it all back through endorsements with very little effort.

Why on earth he picked PSG when he could have either played for Barca for a cut price or moved somewhere more interesting footballwise, I have no idea. It's sad really. 

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Why on earth he picked PSG when he could have either played for Barca for a cut price or moved somewhere more interesting footballwise, I have no idea. It's sad really. 

Three-fold I suppose; money, league title, shot at CL.

But yeah, this all feels like a very sad end to Messi's career.  At least Ronaldo is going out on a personal-high and with a "homecoming", even if Man Utd are shit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I sometimes wonder if this is an ego thing because it absolutely baffles me. He'll never have to even think about money as he does whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Even if he pisses it all away on NFTs, he can make it all back through endorsements with very little effort.

Don't remember the exact details but there was some La Liga rule that a player could only lower his salary a certain % from his previous contract when signing a new one for the same club. Or something like that.

Which was why Messi could not sign for Barca and play for "free". I also think he had no intention to do so since he very much seem to crave even more money.

• Like 2

Yeah, its not not clear if he could have re-signed for Barcelona as theres conflicting rumours but he could have joined another club in Spain if he was settled there, or Argentina on a short deal for 6 months till the January when Barcelona were spending again. Maybe even the MLS to try it out.

He could have gone anywhere which would make him happy… but took the money where he doesn’t look happy at all. Its very odd behaviour for someone so wealthy.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't remember the exact details but there was some La Liga rule that a player could only lower his salary a certain % from his previous contract when signing a new one for the same club. Or something like that.

Which was why Messi could not sign for Barca and play for "free". 

Barca had the money to pay him, that's how they signed so many players since. They wanted him gone because his legs have gone completely and probably worked behind the scenes to ship him off to PSG. Dont believe the PR lies. 

On 10/05/2022 at 11:10, ThunderPower_14 said:

I don't know that he left Barca only because of the money...he was not happy with management, particularly the way they treated Suarez. Furthermore, they've had a couple off-years, he probably saw that they weren't going to challenge for the CL any time soon, and because he's getting older, he may have calculated that his chances in that short window were better elsewhere.

Why PSG? Money didn't hurt, but his friend Neymar was there and they certainly looked like they were set to challenge for the CL, particularly with Messi in place.

9 minutes ago, TomC said:

I don't know that he left Barca only because of the money...he was not happy with management, particularly the way they treated Suarez. Furthermore, they've had a couple off-years, he probably saw that they weren't going to challenge for the CL any time soon, and because he's getting older, he may have calculated that his chances in that short window were better elsewhere.

Why PSG? Money didn't hurt, but his friend Neymar was there and they certainly looked like they were set to challenge for the CL, particularly with Messi in place.

I dont judge many of his decisions but if Neymar is his friend then he is ****, think I would rather be friends with Jack the Ripper

Potential to play in a PSG side that on paper should usurp the Barcelona side that became the greatest in history. 

Why not try for that at the tail end of your career? France's Ligue 1 isn't that far of La Liga in Spain aside from the love affair that the world has with Real and Barca, and which superstar is going there for the absurd fee and wage.

Seemed like a good idea at the time but didn't come to be, perhaps?

Yeah leaving barca makes perfect, they were (are) a **** mess

Its not that surprising that a life in Paris was sold to him either, great city for him and his family 

Remember last summer when he left barca, said he was heartbroken and cried and some moaned that it was crocodile tears... Maybe it is the truth, leaving barca means he's lost a bit of love for it all

And FWIW I dont think he's played that bad has he? He just hasn't padded his stats like everyone expected 

27 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Who is they?

The Saudis,  think they'd be very interested in having him there.

Obviously Messi won't be almost regardless of what they'd offer 

52 minutes ago, sne said:

The Saudis,  think they'd be very interested in having him there.

Obviously Messi won't be almost regardless of what they'd offer 

PSG are owned by Qatar, so I don't know what you mean by move him there.

Qatar and Saudi aren't exactly friendly either.

They don't need him anyway, they have Almiron and Joelinton

21 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

PSG are owned by Qatar, so I don't know what you mean by move him there.

Qatar and Saudi aren't exactly friendly either.

They don't need him anyway, they have Almiron and Joelinton

Think you misunderstood what i meant. Move him as in buy him.

Sorry if that was unclear 

• 2 months later...

Ronaldo .. is this the demise of him now with football moving on and no longer tolerating goalhangers.  I do wonder where he will end up because its always been about him rather than the team. And the team is making a big comeback over personalities these days  

none of the big 6 will take him because their managers are all in v strong positions . I can imagine the owners wanting it from a commericial view but the managers saying no. 

All he wants is personal glory. Goals and medals. 

PSG no Bayern no AC Milan ? Inter ?  I think his pool is rapidly shrinking. 

Not that i really care , but its a huge fall from grace

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo wants to join Atletico.....oh this could be funny as I think Simeone would drop him if needed

At this stage I assume there’s some interest from both sides.

Ronaldo who almost joined City moving to Real’s fierce rivals… not doing his legacy much good.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

At this stage I assume there’s some interest from both sides.

Ronaldo who almost joined City moving to Real’s fierce rivals… not doing his legacy much good.

Real to Atletico has been done many times, if he went Barcelona be a bigger issue

He is Real all time record scorer his legacy will be fine

• 3 weeks later...
Â