wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Benteke's was best, even had to set himself up for it...and it was against a true legend in Jon Ruddy.

When someone else said benteke i automatically assumed it was for liverpool vs utd, great goal that one

No mention of gary cahill yet either...

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Agreed.

The conversation started with "one of the best of all time" which I think you can justify.  It's got to be in the conversation.

Sinclair's is absolutely top drawer too.

To be honest, I wouldn’t have it in the conversation as the best goal ever.

Ronaldo as the best player ever? Yep, he’s absolutely in the conversation. 

That goal being Ronaldo’s best ever? Yep, that’s fine too.

I just don’t think we’ll be talking about this goal in years to come. We’re debating it now, whether it’s the greatest goal because that’s how it works these days. But if someone else had scored it (other than Messi), it wouldn’t get anywhere near the attention and would be forgotten about much quicker.

It just fuels the Messi-Ronaldo debate (not that it needs refuelling).

Watching bentekes again, it's not even in the corner or that far away from de gea but look at de geas reaction, he's way behind it, so much power generated by him, hardly any pace on the dropping ball

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, Genie said:

This is it.

Like @bobzy proved, when big names do it then it’s already more special than another player. Sinclair’s was called “hit and hope” but Ronaldo’s was a “deliberately placed effort”...

I cited Ibrahimovic in the same example - is he not a “big name” anymore?

Sinclair’s is obviously hit and hope. He’s made a great connection and the ball has gone in, but he hasn’t placed his effort to beat the keeper. He’s hit it, very well, and it’s gone in. 

Nothing to do with being a big name here - that’s the media making the fuss. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Benteke's for Liverpool vs United was better imo. Absolutely rifled it into the top corner, and there was no question over whether he meant it.

Benteke’s effort was great - nowhere near top corner though. 

Aren’t all bicycle kicks “hit and hope” to an extent?

Ronaldo’s comment after the goal -

It just came to me to give it a go, you always have to try it. I tried it today and it came off".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43636379

He obviously meant it. No one is debating that. 

It’s just not the best bicycle kick ever, let alone the best goal.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...apart from that goal last night.

Ye-no.

You can pick a side, but it's the delivery and your body shape that determines where it goes, at best. 

Good connection helps.  But if he had the same delivery 10 times, I he couldn't put it where he did 10 times.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ye-no.

You can pick a side, but it's the delivery and your body shape that determines where it goes, at best. 

Good connection helps.  But if he had the same delivery 10 times, I he couldn't put it where he did 10 times.

Unless you're Ronaldinho. I bet he could probably do it if he were arsed :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â