Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

Messi was, now Ronaldo is, I personally rate messi higher because I think Ronaldo is petulant and can be greedier

Isnt that just the media myth though, for example I dont remember Ronaldo ever being so selfish that the team has to consistently selling forwards that get in his way

Messi was, now Ronaldo is, I personally rate messi higher because I think Ronaldo is petulant and can be greedier

Isnt that just the media myth though, for example I dont remember Ronaldo ever being so selfish that the team has to consistently selling forwards that get in his way

Hasn't Ronaldo been threatening to quit Madrid following the sale of players like Ozil and Di Maria, combine with the sulking and refusal to celebrate goals because he wasn't the highest paid player in world football... and then there is general diving and sulking he does on the pitch when things aren't going his way.

Not a media myth for me.

Edited by Genie

I'm surprised that there is only 3 goals difference between them in 2014, I thought Ronaldo was miles ahead. Considering Messi seemed about 80% fit for the first half of the year and Barca were much worse than Real for most of it, he's done well to get so close. Having a much better World Cup helped a bit.

Hasn't Ronaldo been threatening to quit Madrid following the sale of players like Ozil and Di Maria, combine with the sulking and refusal to celebrate goals because he wasn't the highest paid player in world football... and then there is general diving and sulking he does on the pitch when things aren't going his way.

Not a media myth for me.

and me, i know about the back of the bus text nonsense from messi but ive never seen messi refuse to celebrate a penalty shoot out win because he missed his... and there are a fair few GIFs of games passing him by because he's gone off for a sulk, i can also remember NRC doing a proper number on him and him being subbed off because he gave up

like i said in the full post messi might benefit from a better and more consistent midfield but barca mess him about constantly shoe horning shirt selling forwards along side him, is messi selfish for seeing them off or should barca not be buying them in the 1st place?

and to be fair to ronaldo he wasnt on the top 10 paid players in the world list for a couple of years at madrid despite being far better than a few of the players that were 

Ronaldo's best season, when he scored 40+ goals, at United saw Hargreaves play 23 league games, Nani 26 league games and Anderson 24 league games. They're all shit and were clearly a big part of the season. (Scholes played 24).

Hargreaves was in no way shit. He was Englands best player in one world cup and he was very unlucky with injuries. Nani also had a very good season that year. He's just gone downhill. 

I'm surprised that there is only 3 goals difference between them in 2014, I thought Ronaldo was miles ahead. Considering Messi seemed about 80% fit for the first half of the year and Barca were much worse than Real for most of it, he's done well to get so close. Having a much better World Cup helped a bit.

Messi has played about eight more games.

Statues of players who have not yet retired...just wrong. And this one, with the accentuated crotch bulge, embarrassing...is this the statue Ronaldo had built outside his "Ronaldo Museum"?

there was a book about messi and then lots of reports in the rags that after a big game he was apparently sat on the back of the team bus and txt pep "i can see im not important anymore" was meant to be the nail in ibrahimovic's coffin, the same book then goes on to suggest that messi wasnt very confident and constantly needed reassurance and a lot of attention from pep and he really didnt like zlatan being at barca and stealing any of the limelight

ibrahimovic then slated both in his book

none of it is confirmed and a lot of it seems strange to me seeing as he's quite often had xavi and iniesta steal his limelight and he has also played alongside eto'o, sanchez, henry, larsson, suarez, villa, neymar, sounds to me more like he just didnt like zlatan

there was a book about messi and then lots of reports in the rags that after a big game he was apparently sat on the back of the team bus and txt pep "i can see im not important anymore" was meant to be the nail in ibrahimovic's coffin, the same book then goes on to suggest that messi wasnt very confident and constantly needed reassurance and a lot of attention from pep and he really didnt like zlatan being at barca and stealing any of the limelight

ibrahimovic then slated both in his book

none of it is confirmed and a lot of it seems strange to me seeing as he's quite often had xavi and iniesta steal his limelight and he has also played alongside eto'o, sanchez, henry, larsson, suarez, villa, neymar, sounds to me more like he just didnt like zlatan

Statues of players who have not yet retired...just wrong. And this one, with the accentuated crotch bulge, embarrassing...is this the statue Ronaldo had built outside his "Ronaldo Museum"?

Arsenal had that one of Henry up before he retired, in fact he played for them and scored for them after the statue was officially unveiled.  I'd imagine the guy who had to update the stats on the plaque was grateful for the extra work. :)

Philippe Auclair said that on Football Weekly last week. It's similar to the Wayne Rooney situation here, he has good stats for England but he's not a terribly popular player.  The Henry thing seems to be more than just the handball, I guess he never really established himself in French football as he was off to Juventus at the age of 20/21 and never came back.  He seems like an Anglophile too, he's made a life for himself in London and as far as I can see he considers England to be his home and will probably stay here for the rest of his life (or at least it will be his main place of residence, it's easy to have homes in multiple countries when you have earned about £50m in your career) and I guess that really winds the French up because they don't like their own admitting we are better. ;) 

• Like 1

Don't know where else to ask this so I'll throw it in here, sky doing this best prem team ever, would people include Ronaldo? I think he was great in his final couple of years at utd, probably world class for 2 years, but at the same time I don't know if what he's done since has inflated the opinion of what he did here

I don't think I'd have him in there, even if I went ultra attacking I'd have Henry, shearer and bergkamp as the front 3 and then scholes, gerrard, lampard as the middle 3

Â