Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

Well they will obviously go 4-4-2 for their system and lets be honest Ronaldo has done much more in Premier League than Gerrard in a shorter time span

The team should be 

Cech

Neville Terry Campbell Cole

Ronaldo Keane Lampard Giggs

Henry Shearer

Don't know where else to ask this so I'll throw it in here, sky doing this best prem team ever, would people include Ronaldo? I think he was great in his final couple of years at utd, probably world class for 2 years, but at the same time I don't know if what he's done since has inflated the opinion of what he did here

I don't think I'd have him in there, even if I went ultra attacking I'd have Henry, shearer and bergkamp as the front 3 and then scholes, gerrard, lampard as the middle 3

I'll throw my team down: 

GK:  Schmeichel 

LB: Cole

CB: McGrath* 

CB: Ferdinand

RB: Gary Neville. 

DM: Keane

CM: Scholes

WFL: Ronaldo

AMC: Bergkamp

WFR: Henry

ST: Shearer

I kinda think that's balanced.  The midfield could get overrun I guess. 

* won PFA player of the year in 92/93 before you kids call Villa bias. ;) 

• Like 1

Ronaldo redifined the entire thinking towards goalscoring by winning the golden boot as a winger. He easily makes any all-time Premier League team.

I don't disagree that he redefined goal scoring.

But he was never really a winger. At least not when he was scoring Hatfuls of goals.

The difference between Messi & Ronaldo for me is, Messi has been on it since his debut, always been a star & always been world class

Ronaldo, I remember watching him when he came to England and he was a joke, all step overs and no end product, after a few years he morphed into what he is today.

Edited by Jimzk5

I'm going to be biased toward players I can actually remember. I'm sure, for example, Schmeichel, Cantona, Bergkamp and Adams were amazing in their pomp, but I didn't watch them, so I can't make a judgement.

So...

Cech

Zabaleta Ferdinand Terry Cole

Scholes   Alonso

Ronaldo   Lampard  Henry

Drogba

Personally if you're going 4-4-2 as a right winger as best prem ever then beckham > Ronaldo

Like I said I think people are seeing Ronaldo as best player ever rather than what did he do in the prem, I do t think he did enough o warrant a place in best prem 11 ever

The difference between Messi & Ronaldo for me is, Messi has been on it since his debut, always been a star & always been world class

Ronaldo, I remember watching him when he came to England and he was a joke, all step overs and no end product, after a few years he morphed into what he is today.

but Messi never moved to a different culture, league or country when he didnt speak the language and Messi didnt hit 20 league goals until 2008/09 which was his 4th season in top flight

Schmiechal

Neville        Terry           Adams         Cole

Viera         Scholes 

Henry        Bergkamp        Giggs

Shearer

• Like 1

but Messi never moved to a different culture, league or country when he didnt speak the language and Messi didnt hit 20 league goals until 2008/09 which was his 4th season in top flight

but why would he?

the not moving argument is pointless, he has been at one of the biggest clubs in the world since he was a boy, he plays with the same mates that he has played football with for 15 years, he has won everything at a time that will be considered one of the biggest teams in the world best period in history, he gets paid a ridiculous amount, he's broke the scoring records of both barca and the league

but because he wont sign for man city and try and win the prem he isnt as good? thats bollocks, maybe he likes being at barca and doesnt see the point in moving?

ronaldo has naturally progressed in his career, if he'd come through real madrids youth team are you suggesting that he would currently be somewhere else? because i think he'd be there now as well

plus the argument about the goals, i agree with jim, the minute he came on the pitch you knew what he was, he chipped the keeper twice in 2 minutes, its no knock on him to suggest that ronaldo has developed in to the worlds best player because he has IMO a better mentality than messi, its why he's better now, its why he will probably end his career later and stronger than messi, meaningless stat to compare when they started scoring lots of goals, ronaldo played as an out and out winger, messi played behind ronaldinho and eto'o

Â