Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

If we dont back him and Randy doesn't sack him, which is most likely from Randy's past, then surely we are helping ourselves get relegated. We have to put our opinions to the side and back the Villa NOW, were bigger than any manager or any player, lets show the lot of them, we support the Villa!

On Carew, could be awsome on his day but has far to many bad days and moods, sort of Stan Collymore type figure, perhaps a bit more reliable. Either way he never done enough for me, could never understand a fans obsession with him, at least for what he done on the pitch for us.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressure from the fans on the manager has a massive knock on affect with the player. Players loyal to him will start having doubts, players causing trouble will start thinking the manager is on his way out soon away, and in some cases may even do what they can to help it happen.

The atmosphere at most games this season has been shocking. Houllier didnt get much of a welcome at his first game, and has yet to have a single chant in his favour.

Im sticking with the bloke till after the next few games which are very tough, and the January window. If he doesnt show us some improvment soon though the 'Houllier out' chants will start, and from there theres normally now way back.

If he doesnt show us some improvment soon though the 'Houllier out' chants will start, and from there theres normally now way back.

I was at Eastlands mate and during the second half the Houllier out chants started and went on for quite some time.

This little ditty was very popular:

The Villa is Ours

The Villa is Ours

**** Off Houllier

The Villa is Ours

IF that is true, the 6 players should leave aswell.

if true, the "terrible six" must go first. Disgrace if true. Makes you winder what MON was up to, seems almost unbelievable.

Oh well, clearly some people may just go on blaming MON for what is going wrong at the club forever. But it's hard really to see how any of this is MON's doing. It's actually Houllier who has (seermingly) lost control, you know.

Pressure from the fans on the manager has a massive knock on affect with the player. Players loyal to him will start having doubts, players causing trouble will start thinking the manager is on his way out soon away, and in some cases may even do what they can to help it happen.

The atmosphere at most games this season has been shocking. Houllier didnt get much of a welcome at his first game, and has yet to have a single chant in his favour.

Im sticking with the bloke till after the next few games which are very tough, and the January window. If he doesnt show us some improvment soon though the 'Houllier out' chants will start, and from there theres normally now way back.

Players loyal to him? I don't think we need worry about that really.

if true, the "terrible six" must go first. Disgrace if true. Makes you winder what MON was up to, seems almost unbelievable.

What has he got to do with this current story though?

If he doesnt show us some improvment soon though the 'Houllier out' chants will start, and from there theres normally now way back.

I was at Estlands mate and during the second half the Houllier out chants started and went on for quite some time.

The Villa is Ours

The Villa is Ours

**** Off Houllier

The Villa is Ours

i heard a few at the spurs game as well

What has he got to do with this current story though?

Im guessing some of them were ones already alienated at the club and have just carried on their discontent.

Oh well, clearly some people may just go on blaming MON for what is going wrong at the club forever. But it's hard really to see how any of this is MON's doing. It's actually Houllier who has (seermingly) lost control, you know.

oh well yourself. Have you seen some of my other recent posts you will see that I am fairly balanced (at least that's what I believe myself!) in who's to blame etc etc. My MON (who, by the way I supported strongly for a long time) comment was based on the assumption that if true, the situation as described did not start when GH arrived. Anyway, if true it is totally unacceptable regardless of MON or GH.

I was at Estlands mate and during the second half the Houllier out chants started and went on for quite some time.

The Villa is Ours

The Villa is Ours

**** Off Houllier

The Villa is Ours

lets hope these chants continue at the next few games,the best person to leave Villa in Jan would be GedtheRed.

The Villa is Ours

The Villa is Ours

**** Off Houllier

The Villa is Ours

It was a lot louder at Eastlands mate and went on for a lot longer. Your getting sacked in the morning was also sang.The press picked up on it and Houllier was asked how he felt about it and surprisingly he didn't hear it although given he was stuck to his seat for almost the whole of the 90 mins he may have dozed off as these chants started after about an hour.

Whilst most of that e-mail is probably total bullshit, i can believe some of it. Players rolling in late for training...i can believe that. It would tally up with their attitudes on the pitch.

Whatever the truth is, theres something seriously wrong at our club. We need answers QUICKLY!! The longer the board try and sweep things under the carpet, the bigger the problem will get.

WHATS GOING ON RANDY?!?!?!?

Wether it's business or football a good manager should be able to get people to listen to his ideas and at least try to adapt to them, maybe by changing gradually and introducing things bit by bit or having the personality to win people over straight away. IMO houllier has failed at this.

You're going to have players loyal to the last man(warnock, dunne) or players that just for some reason won't get on with you (Carew) but until you can replace with better you need to get the best out of them. Again IMO houllier has failed.

Footballers are no different to most people, you get a new boss and your gonna push to see what you can get away with. If warnock did do what's been suggested then he needed to be put in line, it's no wonder the trouble makers are increasing when they see players getting away with murder. Again houllier has failed here.

He could well be a master tactician and but we'll struggle to see this as his other managerial abilities are shocking!!

Anyway I'm off out, we all want the best for villa so let's hope 2011 sees us improve. Happy new year to all VT members, even the ones I don't agree with :winkold:

There seems to have been a little thawing of attitudes today - with GH saying Dunne and Carew have a future at VP.

I wonder if the failed signing of the wonderkid - has made GH realise - that he isn't going to ship out and bring in six new faces in the transfer window (and balance the books) - and will start concentrating on getting the best out of what he has.

Anyway I'm off out, we all want the best for villa so let's hope 2011 sees us improve. Happy new year to all VT members, even the ones I don't agree with Wink

Happy New Year to you too fella. A half decent post for you to sign off on - even if I don't agree! :winkold:

There seems to have been a little thawing of attitudes today - with GH saying Dunne and Carew have a future at VP.

I wonder if the failed signing of the wonderkid - has made GH realise - that he isn't going to ship out and bring in six new faces in the transfer window (and balance the books) - and will start concentrating on getting the best out of what he has.

will the best he has want to play for him though?,why couldn't he have been big enough to sort things out sooner rather than leave it until now..i get the feeling you are right though,i dont think he has many if any olayers lined up for the transfer window and he's now hoping that the other lads come good and keep us up.Stevie Wnder can see that we need a striker but he brings in some lad from the MLS.

I think GH is not good for us and should not remain our manager. However AVFC comes first and if he is in charge then he gets my support. Our players also have a part to blame in this and need to realise what they would do to thousands of loyal fans should relegation happen. We need to be in this together!

Â