415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand your question snowychap. My understanding was that Pires was brought to the club to assist with developing some of the younger players, teaching them to be professional, rather than coaching. A mentor role if you like. I also genuinely think that this may have caused some of the disruption within the club as GH lays his foundations. An opinion, not fact.

Really? Where did you get that understanding from?

I thought Pires was brought in as we had an injury crisis, were just about to name the tealady's dog on the sub's bench and he was a free agent who had, apparently, been training with Arsenal.

I could be making it up but I remember seeing or reading something a while ago. The 6 month contract would indicate that there is a role for Pires, otherwise he'd be on a month to month contract instead. If I can find what I have seen I'll post it.

I could be making it up but I remember seeing or reading something a while ago. The 6 month contract would indicate that there is a role for Pires, otherwise he'd be on a month to month contract instead. If I can find what I have seen I'll post it.

Fair enough.

It would seem logical that people might assume or hope that an older professional player would have some sort of positive, avuncular influence and I wouldn't be surprised if the club/Houllier had mentioned something along those lines after we signed him. I can't believe, though, that we would have touched him had we not had those injuries - actually, I'd go further and say I would have been shocked and aghast.

The other players probably made some comments about how great it was to have a world cup winner here and that there ought to be benefits.

Anyway, I've rather taken this off topic. Sorry.:oops:

If he has to bring Kmac in to help him out its pathetic and another sign that he shouldn't be in the job.

As things stand if Birmingham get a point in the late game today the only thing keeping us out the bottom 3 will be goal difference. West Ham were dead and buried a few weeks ago and are now above us.

Get behind Houllier? pah

West Ham were dead and buried a few weeks ago and are now above us.
Which just goes to show how quickly things can change.

I'm not expecting a win or a draw tomorrow but I hope we can put in a performance. The Sunderland game is then a must-win.

I'm not expecting a win or a draw tomorrow but I hope we can put in a performance. The Sunderland game is then a must-win.

I don't even expect a performance I expect a hammering.

A point for Sha at home to Arsenal and providing Wigan get a better result than us at home to Newcastle ( losing by less goals will do ) we will be in the bottom 3 tomorrow.

Sunderland game will be high pressure and failure to win and it will get very ugly for Houllier.

I don't even expect a performance I expect a hammering.

I think most people do, but you never know.

If it's another gutless hammering tomorrow then I think Houllier should go, anything more and I think he should get at least the Sunderland game.

Â