Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

There's no evidence about him pissing off every fan, player and owner is there?

Majority of fans don't like him because he's done a poor job for us, obviously. Players, we don't know but clearly some have triumphed from him coming in. Owners, we don't know.

Fans don't like him becuase he hasn't won many games - probably the players challenge his every decision for the same reason.

Dail;y mail are reporting that KMAC has been brought back into the first team set up - tick, tick...houllier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no evidence about him pissing off every fan, player and owner is there?

Majority of fans don't like him because he's done a poor job for us, obviously. Players, we don't know but clearly some have triumphed from him coming in. Owners, we don't know.

Daily mail are reporting that KMAC has been brought back into the first team set up - tick, tick...houllier

thank **** for that,i hate GH but i think a lot of our problems are dwn for Garry Mac been a shite number 2.i get the feeling that our defencive training has been shocking to say the least..

Dail;y mail are reporting that KMAC has been brought back into the first team set up - tick, tick...houllier

Houllier will be doing the right thing here if this has happened.

GH's best move since he's got here if you ask me , the players we have seem to have more respect for Kev Mac than Garry Mac . i get the feeling that the players dont have much respect for Garry Mac at all , more so than GH if you ask me.

Sounds like good news on Kevin MacDonald, the more experienced coaches we can get involved in this first team the better - ultimately MacDonald has a lot more coaching experience than either McAllister or Cowans and he can only be a good influence - both on the players and the other coaches.

Sounds like good news on Kevin MacDonald, the more experienced coaches we can get involved in this first team the better - ultimately MacDonald has a lot more coaching experience than either McAllister or Cowans and he can only be a good influence - both on the players and the other coaches.
I have to say , i'd like to see GH bring in Ray Wilkins hs his number two instead of Garry Mac tbh , i think Garry Mac showed at Leeds , Cov and Boro that he's not great at either coachig or managing a team , seems like a very nice man but i'd say he's the type to get walked all over ..

I have to say , i'd like to see GH bring in Ray Wilkins hs his number two instead of Garry Mac tbh , i think Garry Mac showed at Leeds , Cov and Boro that he's not great at either coachig or managing a team , seems like a very nice man but i'd say he's the type to get walked all over ..

I'm not sure about McAllister, Houllier seems to trust him and that's important in a number two - as a coach, there have to be doubts still but I guess we'll see.

Gordon Cowans is a club legend and as loyal a Villa man as we've ever had, a great player and a man with a claret and blue heart - what he's not is a coach with very much experience. I'd like to see more experience in the coaching set up - even Gonzalez, the goalkeeping coach hasn't got that much top level experience.

What we do have is a very experienced fitness coach and what we're hearing is that players aren't happy about the focus on fitness in all of our training sessions.

We need an experienced, strong coach to help deliver what the manager wants, at 63 the manager shouldn't have or indeed want to lead the training or deal with the day to day detail of player feeling and the set up we have seems to be struggling to do that.

I'm not sure about McAllister, Houllier seems to trust him and that's important in a number two - as a coach, there have to be doubts still but I guess we'll see.

Gordon Cowans is a club legend and as loyal a Villa man as we've ever had, a great player and a man with a claret and blue heart - what he's not is a coach with very much experience. I'd like to see more experience in the coaching set up - even Gonzalez, the goalkeeping coach hasn't got that much top level experience.

What we do have is a very experienced fitness coach and what we're hearing is that players aren't happy about the focus on fitness in all of our training sessions.

We need an experienced, strong coach to help deliver what the manager wants, at 63 the manager shouldn't have or indeed want to lead the training or deal with the day to day detail of player feeling and the set up we have seems to be struggling to do that.

Yeah the goal keeping coach was an area i'd like to see improved also , tbf with big Brad there i think he's as good as anyone , i said a few days ago though i wouldn't mind us getting Paul Barron back here , he worked well with our Keepers back in the BFR day's..

i'm not a fan of Ged the Red at all but i think one of his biggest mistakes was appointing people that are so inexperienced from a coaching point of view , the way things are now i'd even have a good defencive coach come in . someone to work with the lads on set plays and the way GH wants them setup at the back..

The interview with Robert Pires in the Meaning Evil is an interesting read. He says it like it is and he appears to have taken on something of a "Club Captain" role. I hope that he's also there to assist with any French players coming into the club in this window!!

I love Sid Cowans to bits but I would think it's very tough going from coaching kids to coaching full internationals. It would take a mindset change from the players as well. I wonder if this has also been some of the problem with the players attitudes?

The interview with Robert Pires in the Meaning Evil is an interesting read. He says it like it is and he appears to have taken on something of a "Club Captain" role.

Why on earth would we want Pires to do that? :?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Â