Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

The only time you will find me right behind Houllier would be as I push him out the door at Villa Park.

I gave him a chance but since the day he has come to the club he has done nothing I mean absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence in me and it would see the players.

I don't like him, I don't like his methods and I don't like the way he is conducting himself as the manager of our club.

So I'm not going to get behind him because I don't have faith in him, I don't want him as our manger, I don't like him and I would be quite happy to see him sacked.

i agree with this 100%.

I disagree with this 100%. Under the circumstances. If Houllier gets financial backing and the rest of the season injury free and if we then finish 12th or lower I will start moaning.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel the same and nothing has changed to make me feel otherwise.. just getting worse is all that is happening..

Get behind the manager?

Get him to **** more like!

HOULLIER OUT!!!!

Get him to **** who, or what? When you say you don't want to get behind the manager but you want him to '****' it creates a worrying image and seems like a very strange solution. :?

I've yet to see a convincing arguement as to why we need to get behind the Manager (unless of course it is to push him out the door) can someone tell me?

Also I have to say that during the world cup the squad with the biggest issues, lack of morale, poor discipline was France. A squad that Houllier was involved with.

A squad that demonstrated similar traits as Villa are now.

Coincidence ?

I'd also argue that sacking the manager now (which I honestly think we should do) means no spend in January which is a double bonus for the board

Not necessarily.

Sack the manager today and appoint (for example) Martin Jol tomorrow.

That still gives Jol a whole month to analyse the squad and sign players.

I don't believe the board are that short-sighted to celebrate the possibility of no transfer spend in January when the club's PL status is in genuine peril.

If the board issue an official statement saying that the manager will retain his job, then I'll get behind him.

But whilst we're all stuck in this limbo where nobody knows what's happening and we dont even know if the board are behind the manager, then why should we be?

I've yet to see a convincing arguement as to why we need to get behind the Manager (unless of course it is to push him out the door) can someone tell me?

Also I have to say that during the world cup the squad with the biggest issues, lack of morale, poor discipline was France. A squad that Houllier was involved with.

Coincidence ?

"lack of morale, poor discipline" - France had world class superstars and primadonnas. It would have been tough task even for Mourinho and Sir Alex. And the players had biggest problems with the national team coach not Houllier.

France didn't have as many injuries as we have had.

France didn't lose a player like Milner in the summer.

"Coincidence?" - I don't think so. EDIT: I wonder what I meant there ...

I've yet to see a convincing arguement as to why we DON'T need to get behind the Manager.

Yes, we have lost games and the league table doesn't lie but but ...

Coincidence ?

I seem to recall Domenech being the French manager, not Houllier.

The only time you will find me right behind Houllier would be as I push him out the door at Villa Park.

I gave him a chance but since the day he has come to the club he has done nothing I mean absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence in me and it would see the players.

I don't like him, I don't like his methods and I don't like the way he is conducting himself as the manager of our club.

So I'm not going to get behind him because I don't have faith in him, I don't want him as our manger, I don't like him and I would be quite happy to see him sacked.

i agree with this 100%.

I disagree with this 100%. Under the circumstances. If Houllier gets financial backing and the rest of the season injury free and if we then finish 12th or lower I will start moaning.

Who is moaning? We are being told we all need to back the manager and I'm stating that I'm not backing him because I have no faith in him and I don't believe he is the right man for the job or the club.

Personally and it is a personal view I've seen enough already and I don't need to see what happens in January or through the rest of the season to decide I don't like him and I don't want him at the club.

So I'm saying so now, if I end up being proven wrong fine I will hold me hands up and be glad to be wrong but the possibility of being wrong isn't going to stop me expressing my thoughts at this moment in time.

Everything I've seen from Houllier from the moment it became clear he was on his way to us has made me either dislike him or think him ill suited to the club and not right for the job. There has been literally nothing, I mean nothing to put down in the positive column to counter act this.

As such I'm not behind him, I'm not backing him and I don't want him to get January or the rest of the season. I want him gone.

That isn't moaning, its expressing my opinion and if people don't agree with it or don't like it that is fine that is there opinion and they are entitled to it as much as anyone else.

i agree with this 100%.

Who is moaning? We are being told we all need to back the manager and I'm stating that I'm not backing him because I have no faith in him and I don't believe he is the right man for the job or the club.

Personally and it is a personal view I've seen enough already and I don't need to see what happens in January or through the rest of the season to decide I don't like him and I don't want him at the club.

So I'm saying so now, if I end up being proven wrong fine I will hold me hands up and be glad to be wrong but the possibility of being wrong isn't going to stop me expressing my thoughts at this moment in time.

Everything I've seen from Houllier from the moment it became clear he was on his way to us has made me either dislike him or think him ill suited to the club and not right for the job. There has been literally nothing, I mean nothing to put down in the positive column to counter act this.

As such I'm not behind him, I'm not backing him and I don't want him to get January or the rest of the season. I want him gone.

That isn't moaning, its expressing my opinion and if people don't agree with it or don't like it that is fine that is there opinion and they are entitled to it as much as anyone else.

I'm with Trent.

Houllier as done **** all to warrant our backing. In fact he as done the opposite.

From the pissing about with the French FA and keeping us waiting another couple of weeks while he cleared his desk ( we're Aston Villa ffs ) to the worst run of results I can remember in many a year and the most gutless displays in decades the man as been a joke and doesn't deserve the backing of the supporters of this great club.

Tell you what, we should have seen it coming when he **** us about at the start.

For me, the bottom line is, he should have been sacked without question after the Liverpool fiasco. That embarrassed the club, the fans and the players. I'm not worried about Houllier embarrassing himself, he seems competent at doing that on a weekly basis anyway.

I used to enjoy listening to MON press conferences. He always came across very well and had educated, precise answers. Houllier will do one of two things - drone on about Liverpool or make a dig at a current player (I see he now thinks Gabby is too fat). Every time he opens his mouth, it is cringe worthy.

I am actually ASHAMED to support Villa while he is our manager. I have several mates who I work with, all Liverpool fans, and they laughed their socks off when he got appointed. They have seen first hand what he can do and the shower of shit he brought to their club.

RANDY - GET RID OF HIM NOW. If you have any so called sense of the proud tradition and history of our club, you will see this man is causing un-rest in the squad which is resulting in shit football which is resulting in dropping like a led-balloon down the table, which has now resulted in fans, of the same team, bickering over almost anything on a forum. The guy is driving a huge divide into many aspects of this club.

think its a case of the board getting behind our manager and supporting him financially

he may be a muppet and the wrong man for the job but they have appointed him and must back him otherwise we are in the shit and relegation is a distinct possibility.

i agree with this 100%.

I'm with Trent.

Houllier as done **** all to warrant our backing. In fact he as done the opposite.

From the pissing about with the French FA and keeping us waiting another couple of weeks while he cleared his desk ( we're Aston Villa ffs ) to the worst run of results I can remember in many a year and the most gutless displays in decades the man as been a joke and doesn't deserve the backing of the supporters of this great club.

How you make things up! It wasn't down to him that he couldn't leave his post with the French FA. You might be a free thinker but you should still try applying it to reality

think its a case of the board getting behind our manager and supporting him financially

he may be a muppet and the wrong man for the job but they have appointed him and must back him otherwise we are in the shit and relegation is a distinct possibility.

Why?

If anything, the board need to grow some balls and realise the huge mistake they have made. That is the only way this club can go forward, without Houllier at the helm.

His comments before he started should have rang a few alarm bells. Along the lines of 'Villa are not a top 6 club and have been over-achieving'.

Maybe he's trying to take us to a level he feels we should be at? He's doing a **** stunning job if that is the case.

Why?

If anything, the board need to grow some balls and realise the huge mistake they have made. That is the only way this club can go forward, without Houllier at the helm.

His comments before he started should have rang a few alarm bells. Along the lines of 'Villa are not a top 6 club and have been over-achieving'.

Maybe he's trying to take us to a level he feels we should be at? He's doing a **** stunning job if that is the case.

i agree with this 100%.

Who is moaning? I am, if Houllier gets financial backing and the rest of the season injury free and if we then finish 12th or lower.

And I must say, as I celebrate my 453th(rd) VT-post, in general it seems to be much easier to dislike than like. Or people are more willing to express their frustration than satisfaction.

Nevertheless I respect your opinion, I may disagree with it but hey I'm just a very remote supporter (or fan) so my knowledge and understanding is "weak". I just watch games on TV and read VT.

From the pissing about with the French FA and keeping us waiting another couple of weeks while he cleared his desk ( we're Aston Villa ffs )

oh we're Aston Villa FFS... we're well above French Law aren't we?

Do you ever read anything but your own opinion? I swear how you still cant grasp why GH was "pissing" around with the French FA is beyond me, it's been talked/explained to death!

Â