Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

If he has to bring Kmac in to help him out its pathetic and another sign that he shouldn't be in the job.

As things stand if Birmingham get a point in the late game today the only thing keeping us out the bottom 3 will be goal difference. West Ham were dead and buried a few weeks ago and are now above us.

Get behind Houllier? pah

Seems like the reality of our league position has sunk in and it's now become all hands on deck Trent!

I see this move like this. Houllier is having trouble getting the players to play ball and get on his side so he brings K-Mac back into the fold to try to win the players over due to their good relationships with K-Mac. Whether it works or not is a different matter though.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lost all confidence in the Board and Houllier.

Shocking times for the club. Bottom 3 here we come.

What have the board done wrong?
appointed the manager that has us where we are ,the board have made a fair few **** up's ,but have done alot of good also .they also gave alot of fans false hope with top four in five years comments..

appointed the manager that has us where we are ,the board have made a fair few **** up's ,but have done alot of good also .they also gave alot of fans false hope with top four in five years comments..
At the time, appointing GH was a very smart move. It's easy to say they should've appointed someone else now. They have possibly made a mistake appointing him but I don't see why someone would lose faith in them because of that.

That was their aim. They said it was the aim towards the start. They also couldn't predict City would come out of nowhere like they have. O'Neill's aim was to finish top 4, it didn't happen, didn't mean he didn't do a good job, just sometimes, aims and goals are out of reach for whatever reason. Club say aim is top half over 5 years, most Villa fans would question the ambition considering most villa fans consider ourselves a top 6/7 club anyway. Say your in top 4 and we're being lied too...no one promised anything.

At the time, appointing GH was a very smart move. It's easy to say they should've appointed someone else now. They have possibly made a mistake appointing him but I don't see why someone would lose faith in them because of that.
I'd say alot of people are starting to question there ability to appoint and make the right footballing decisions now though ,and i think after what happend with MON and the money cut backs it all hasn't helped .i think with a lot of people the bubble has burst really.

That was their aim. They said it was the aim towards the start. They also couldn't predict City would come out of nowhere like they have. O'Neill's aim was to finish top 4, it didn't happen, didn't mean he didn't do a good job, just sometimes, aims and goals are out of reach for whatever reason. Club say aim is top half over 5 years, most Villa fans would question the ambition considering most villa fans consider ourselves a top 6/7 club anyway. Say your in top 4 and we're being lied too...no one promised anything.
Fair point with all of that ,but didn't General K say that our ambitions have never changed??.

I'd say alot of people are starting to question there ability to appoint and make the right footballing decisions now though ,and i think after what happend with MON and the money cut backs it all hasn't helped .i think with a lot of people the bubble has burst really.
It was a good appointment at the time. If it turns out to be the wrong appointment, let's judge them on who they appoint if GH goes.

As for MON - he walked. Simple as that.

To be fair, MON was on a one year rolling contract every season, he didn't want to renew his contract, which is fair enough. It's not like he got sacked or decided to walk out on a contract, but his timing was poor. I still think MON should have been given longer lengths in his contracts than just one season.

The board certainly have to take some responsibility as they appointed the manager. Having said that no one could have imagined he would be this bad.

He was always a bad appointment for me but I was happy to be proven wrong. Sadly I am still waiting for him to but I sense that he will continue to prove the doubters more right than any of us could have imagined.

He is now very much on borrowed time.

It was a good appointment at the time. If it turns out to be the wrong appointment, let's judge them on who they appoint if GH goes.

hang on ,GH is he only manger they have appointed so if you're asking me i'll judge them on him ,goin by what th general said they didnt want a manager that was already with a club .that to me is a joke ,the footballing world is ruthless if Randy isn't then he's in the wrong game for me!!..

as for MON you and i don't fully know what happend and the reasons why i left.

Fair point with all of that ,but didn't General K say that our ambitions have never changed??.
Dont belive a word the gen says... was not so long ago he said we could go and pay £30million on one player if we wanted to :crylaugh: We couldnt even spell £30million!

hang on ,GH is he only manger they have appointed so if you're asking me i'll judge them on him ,goin by what th general said they didnt want a manager that was already with a club .that to me is a joke ,the footballing world is ruthless if Randy isn't then he's in the wrong game for me!!..

as for MON you and i don't fully know what happend and the reasons why i left.

Nobody really knows what happened with MON and Randy, unless you have some information the rest of us don't know about?

@GilbertoAVFC: Paul Lambert :lol:

As if the Board don't have to take some blame.

Appointing a poor manager and then letting the manager they appointed continue to fail is their doing!

Houllier has an impressive record and was by far one of the best people we could've gotten. Obviously things haven't worked out but AT THE TIME it was a good appointment.

Also, there's letting him fail and giving him time. If these abject results and performances continue all the way through January and Houllier is still here then we can start accusing the board of "letting" him fail.

Â