Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

without taking this personally I am always on the side of people who know people ITK and I think most people who come with these stories are just either on the Payroll, disgruntled fans, or people just thinking its funny to spread shit to fans.. However I believe this of Warnock he hasnt played this year well enough I think he's been marginally better lately in an attempt to get a glimpse of himself in the shop window. What details have you got about what he did?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so how long do we give him?

I hope to God we win but if we don't get three points against Sunderland will people still be saying we need to get behind him? I doubt it and suspect the board will act!

Then again if we beat Sunderland how many will say everthing is now rosy is the garden and the future under Houllier is suddenly bright again?

Whatever happens at this critical game I stand by my original assertion that Gerard Houllier is not the right manager for AFVC although I am sure he is a lovely man, Husband, father and grandfather who is also kind to animals! :D

We should give him the season at least.

Regardless of results?

Smoke and mirrors, like you say. To be honest, I would guess there's a lot of stuff that goes on at many football clubs, on the training ground or wherever, that were it to be made public the fans would have an absolute fit about it. I think it's difficult to know from outside the club exactly what is considered unacceptable behaviour in the football world (though the alleged comments from our LB certainly sound it). And even if the behaviour is unacceptable now, the question is when the player behaviour actually crossed that invisible line. Sure there were supposedly 6 players causing trouble back to last year, but at that stage was it really anything totally out of the ordinary?

I just think there are too many unknowns about the player's behaviour for most of the squad to be condemned already.

It is hard to tell fact from fiction at the moment and i still believe there is a lot of Smoke & Mirrors designed to support a failing manger.However after my little contretemps with MysteryMan on the Houllier thread I have made him a partial apology for suggesting he was a club flunky and now accept some of what he has said - that said I stand by the right to challenge His ITK comments that are too often taken by many as being Unchallengeable facts. That said it was suggested that one of the players was very very negative about the club and the area. I therefore have in the last hour made a few enquiries from others who are undoubtedly ITK and whilst I still think Houllier is weak and has to go there is a certain LB who should NEVER be allowed to wear the Villa colours again and if he plays against Chelsea it will just further prove how weak Houllier really is. I don't really care whether people believe me or not but irrespective of my position on Houllier I am now willing to accept that we have at least one clearing in the woods on our squad who needs to be booted out!

for footballing reasons i hope.

What him and MM were talking about is allegedly a player completely disrepected the Management and said that he Hated the Club, Hated the Area (Birmingham) and that he didn't care about any of it as he was out of here anyway. but MM didnt say who it was. MMv2 has done though

Anyone heard if Lerner or Faulkner have called any of the senior lads in - Petrov maybe one two two others, to try to find out what the hell is going on. Surely they need to be more pro active.

mark you certainly have double standards

when NRC had his spate with O'Neill .... you clearly made your point... the manager rules. ok

now with a different position in the league your principles have gone for a ball of chalk, because you don't fancy the manager ( understandable with results)

but you can't use principles and then discard them to suit.

have some consistency in your principles.

Well if these stories regarding Warnock are true and Houllier is still picking him then that tells you all you need to know about Warnock and more worryingly Houllier.

that Hou has only one backup to Warnock (Injured Luke Young) and doesnt fancy playing three Centre Defenders instead of Left and Right backs at a time where we need all four defenders cause none of them cut the mustard and its not Hou's fault as he's yet to have 1 minute in the transfer market?

I hate Chelsea. I hate going to Stamford Bridge. I hate their plastic support. I hate the way they all clap their hands to that stupid cheeky chappy cockney song. I hate watching Villa concede seven and walking to the train in the rain. I hate paying £46 for the pleasure. However, I'll be there on Sunday and I'll be giving 100% vocal support to the team and the manager. All I expect in return is 100% effort from every player on the pitch. As long as the effort it there, I don't mind If we lose.
Wait, you actually stayed for all seven goals? I was gone after five and found out about the other two on the train on the way home. :lol:

Anyone heard if Lerner or Faulkner have called any of the senior lads in - Petrov maybe one two two others, to try to find out what the hell is going on. Surely they need to be more pro active.

when NRC had his spate with O'Neill .... you clearly made your point... the manager rules. ok

now with a different position in the league your principles have gone for a ball of chalk, because you don't fancy the manager ( understandable with results)

Come on. We weren't getting battered from pillar to post under O'Neill after the spat with Reo Coker.

I agree the manager should certainly rule. Sadly it appears Houllier doesn't which is why Lerner needs to step in and ask the players wtf is going on.

Houllier it appears is weak and has no respect from the players who are playing like they couldn't give two monkeys ****.

It is hard to tell fact from fiction at the moment and i still believe there is a lot of Smoke & Mirrors designed to support a failing manger.However after my little contretemps with MysteryMan on the Houllier thread I have made him a partial apology for suggesting he was a club flunky and now accept some of what he has said - that said I stand by the right to challenge His ITK comments that are too often taken by many as being Unchallengeable facts. That said it was suggested that one of the players was very very negative about the club and the area. I therefore have in the last hour made a few enquiries from others who are undoubtedly ITK and whilst I still think Houllier is weak and has to go there is a certain LB who should NEVER be allowed to wear the Villa colours again and if he plays against Chelsea it will just further prove how weak Houllier really is. I don't really care whether people believe me or not but irrespective of my position on Houllier I am now willing to accept that we have at least one clearing in the woods on our squad who needs to be booted out!

for footballing reasons i hope.

What him and MM were talking about is allegedly a player completely disrepected the Management and said that he Hated the Club, Hated the Area (Birmingham) and that he didn't care about any of it as he was out of here anyway. but MM didnt say who it was. MMv2 has done though

If it is warnock, you are talking about, i reiterate, i wouldn't play him for footballing reasons never mind anything else.

I hate Chelsea. I hate going to Stamford Bridge. I hate their plastic support. I hate the way they all clap their hands to that stupid cheeky chappy cockney song. I hate watching Villa concede seven and walking to the train in the rain. I hate paying £46 for the pleasure. However, I'll be there on Sunday and I'll be giving 100% vocal support to the team and the manager. All I expect in return is 100% effort from every player on the pitch. As long as the effort it there, I don't mind If we lose.
Wait, you actually stayed for all seven goals? I was gone after five and found out about the other two on the train on the way home. :lol:

Ok, I confess, I left after 5 too... :oops:

Ok so how long do we give him?

Then again if we beat Sunderland how many will say everthing is now rosy is the garden and the future under Houllier is suddenly bright again?

If you think people are going to say everything is rosey after one win then you must be [insert word here].

Prophetic?

I'll be fully behind GH. If whats been said about these spoilt little rocket polishers we've got as players, then he should get rid, regardless of who they are. I don't know exactly whwta's been going on, but there's no smoke without fire. Who the **** do the players think they are? They should play there hearts out regardless of the situation, even if they don't agree with things. The manager should manage and the players should play. If it doesn't work out, the manager gets the sack and the players get a new manager, but giving in or sulking or whatever is not the way to go about things, if they were in an everyday job they'd be in big trouble.

I'm 100% behind Houllier.

Can we smack him up a bit 1st? :bonk:

Come on. We weren't getting battered from pillar to post under O'Neill after the spat with Reo Coker.

I agree the manager should certainly rule. Sadly it appears Houllier doesn't which is why Lerner needs to step in and ask the players wtf is going on.

Houllier it appears is weak and has no respect from the players who are playing like they couldn't give two monkeys ****.

Look Mark....I don't know whether Houllier is right or not, he has proved ok in the past... who knows..... and yes right now it is exceedingly hard to defend him.

but he has not had fires to put out he has had a forest of fires to put out... and yes spilt a bit of petrol himself.

even Tito and Saddam managed to keep a lid on it, but it went tits up when they left..... this could well be the same under O'NEILL, He managed to keep a lid on it......this has been waiting to happen IMO.

Unless we have factual evidence shouldn't we stop having a go at players etc. It is just possible that they get to know what is being said in these forums. The way things are going there won't be a player or member of the management team who hasn't been verbally assassinated on these boards and at the moment we need all the help we can get without p**sing off the only people that can do something about the situation.

Unless we have factual evidence shouldn't we stop having a go at players etc. It is just possible that they get to know what is being said in these forums. The way things are going there won't be a player or member of the management team who hasn't been verbally assassinated on these boards and at the moment we need all the help we can get without p**sing off the only people that can do something about the situation.

I know players of the past who would read these boards and say we'll show em!!!

all in the past of course.

Â